• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PK Warrior or Dexxer, easy to play

S

SYNFLOOD

Hi,

is there a template out there that's easy to play PKing and without the rather new skills that need int?

with the skills:

Anatomy
Healing
Sword + Lumberjacking / or Fencing with Poisoning
Tactic
Hiding
...??

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pking alone is never easy...unless you are hunting crafters and bots.

Most Pks work in groups or as part of a team. They call targets and often have blues gate hugging that heal them.

If you want to be a dexxie duelist...it is as much about the talent as it is template.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what you may want is a ninja, if you're only worried about PK and not PvP.

That lets you pick the people who are already weak due to being a crafter, a bot or already in a fight and up against the ropes.

As for a template, I have no idea. That isn't my play style.

As for the not-requiring int stipulation, there is no template that doesn't require int, since all melee skills require a lot of mana to use well. If you aren't using specials, then the only thing you have to look forward to is gray screens.

T

Turdnugget

How does a blue gate-hug and heal a PK at the same time w/out being guardwhacked?

Stealth/ninj/archer would be a good template if you don't want to PvP, and just cheap shot people.

Carry a composite bow for a 35 HP Armor Ignore. Pop shot people who are low on health =)

C

Connor_Graham

Where's the fun in killing a basically defenseless opponent? I just don't get how that can be any kind of a challenge, or even fun in any way.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
C

Connor_Graham

I still don't see how killing defenseless people is fun. There's no challenge in it at all.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I guess it's not challenging, but it's funny. You can't have "funny" without "fun"!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still don't see how killing defenseless people is fun. There's no challenge in it at all.
Lynk said it pretty much lol. It is just for people who wanna get a cheap thrill.

To the OP, in terms of a dexxer/warrior template, you still will need a descent pool of mana.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does a blue gate-hug and heal a PK at the same time w/out being guardwhacked?
He said PK...not RED there is a difference...I know a lot of blue PKs. They only attack when the opportunity is right.

If a PK can get someone to screw up and flag on them...then their healers are safe. I use to see it all the time at yew gate. I don't go there much anymore so I don't know if they still do.

Or the PK can wait for a red to show up....they are free game and their gate hugging friends can still heal them after they attack a red.

As long as a gate hugger doesn't heal a red...or a grey they are safe from guard wacking.

T

Turdnugget

Well, using the 'technical' term of what PK stands for, Player Killer, yes, you can be blue and still be a 'PK'. But most PK's these days, are indeed red PK's.

What you're referring to, is what we used to call noto-Pk's. Either way for someone to flag on you and you're still blue, or go grey, incognito and hope someone attacks you.

I did it all the time in Buc's Den. Was loads of fun.

I'm assuming that SYN wants to be a red PK, not a noto-PK.

G

GFY

One of the best templates to use when your just starting out is (IMHO) a ninja archer with hiding and stealth. You can stealth around and pick your opponents, you have good specials on bows and can use deadly poisoned shirkins or darts. People complain about these template all the time, they must be something to them! :D

B

Balian of Asgard

One of the best templates to use when your just starting out is (IMHO) a ninja archer with hiding and stealth. You can stealth around and pick your opponents, you have good specials on bows and can use deadly poisoned shirkins or darts. People complain about these template all the time, they must be something to them! :D
On pac, there are alot of blue wannabe PK's
Theres this one fellow in particular, he has "GUARDS" attached to his macros for his specials lol
Angerisagift, haha I laff at thee

biggest gate hugger of them all until there are 3-4 + more trammies to join in on a gank on red.

And how about those blue GD tamers that hug the gate.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On pac, there are alot of blue wannabe PK's
Theres this one fellow in particular, he has "GUARDS" attached to his macros for his specials lol
Angerisagift, haha I laff at thee

biggest gate hugger of them all until there are 3-4 + more trammies to join in on a gank on red.

And how about those blue GD tamers that hug the gate.
Had not heard of that in a while...having a guards line mixed in with your macro lol. Let alone on a weapons special.