• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Different topic - how do you tell if a weapon has spell channeling with Pinco's? I can see the item property on the CC and the EC, but it's not readily apparent to me where to look on the Pinco's item properties gump.
Go to user settings, uncheck "use advance item property". I don't use Pinco's enhanced item property, far too much for me to absorb and too gimicky. If i remember the spell channeling is a purple icon somewhere on the upper right. I'm sure once you got used to the new look it would be ok, I just didn't have the patience to do that.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco any chance that you can add the Vendor Search to the Action List or on the Context menu on our bar?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco any chance that you can add the Vendor Search to the Action List or on the Context menu on our bar?
for now the budget is too low to add any new action... there are also the new slayers missing.
I will add them as soon as I have enough money to pay the artist for all the icons... right now the money is barely enough to keep the lights on.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The links for the guides don't work any more. I am after the guide or info on the agent settings etc

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
make sure you are using the right link...
I found that link to the wiki, still can't find anything on the restock agent. If it is there it is so obscure you can't find the info I certainly couldn't find anything when searching the wiki for restock agent, organiser agent or any info on how to use it. May just be me but I did look for at least 20 mins then gave it away, not sure what heading it could be under. I posted here AFTER I had clicked on the link at the start of this thread and after I had been to the wiki link you just posted. Perhaps a link to the info I want re how to use the agents (restock and organisers) would be better.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found that link to the wiki, still can't find anything on the restock agent. If it is there it is so obscure you can't find the info I certainly couldn't find anything when searching the wiki for restock agent, organiser agent or any info on how to use it. May just be me but I did look for at least 20 mins then gave it away, not sure what heading it could be under. I posted here AFTER I had clicked on the link at the start of this thread and after I had been to the wiki link you just posted. Perhaps a link to the info I want re how to use the agents (restock and organisers) would be better.
you are right, the agents part is not there, the guide still is incomplete :/
anyway the restock just makes sure that the container from where you use the agent has the amount you specified on the settings, if not, it just takes what's missing from the target container.
the organizer just moves certain things from where you use the agent to the targetted container (or the default one you set from the settings)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you are right, the agents part is not there, the guide still is incomplete :/
anyway the restock just makes sure that the container from where you use the agent has the amount you specified on the settings, if not, it just takes what's missing from the target container.
the organizer just moves certain things from where you use the agent to the targetted container (or the default one you set from the settings)
The problem is I can't find 'where' to set the thing. I have been through 'actions' and the old icon for 'organiser agent' no longer exists, I used to click that then target the item I wanted to go into organiser 1 or 2 whatever and named the organiser bag, etc, now I can't find that icon, on all containers it says right click to restock from this container, right click to select the restock, Current Restock: restock 1. I can't figure out 'what' restock 1 is, I can't figure out where to actually 'select' the item as all i get when right clicking is 'use restock 1' (no idea what this is), if I left click on it it gives me a cursor that says: target hotbag, and when I click on a bag in pack it says 'restock complete' even though I havent actually stocked anything anywhere. The only 'agent' I can find in actions is the undress agent. So frankly I need a step by step as I can't find anything to work.

Basically what I want to do is craft 50 repair deeds then use the organiser/restock agent whatever is supposed to be used to automatically put them in a bag.

It would be nice to be able to actually 'stock' a vendor with them like UO Assist does, ie add a price and it auto prices as you drop them on a vendor, but just to be able to scoop em up and put them in a bag would be good. I used to do that forever ago (pre the time you did the EC upgrade, this is the first time since then I have tried but just cannot even find the 'organiser agent' anywhere.

Glad to know I wasn't going nuts trying to find the info.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is I can't find 'where' to set the thing. I have been through 'actions' and the old icon for 'organiser agent' no longer exists, I used to click that then target the item I wanted to go into organiser 1 or 2 whatever and named the organiser bag, etc, now I can't find that icon, on all containers it says right click to restock from this container, right click to select the restock, Current Restock: restock 1. I can't figure out 'what' restock 1 is, I can't figure out where to actually 'select' the item as all i get when right clicking is 'use restock 1' (no idea what this is), if I left click on it it gives me a cursor that says: target hotbag, and when I click on a bag in pack it says 'restock complete' even though I havent actually stocked anything anywhere. The only 'agent' I can find in actions is the undress agent. So frankly I need a step by step as I can't find anything to work.

Basically what I want to do is craft 50 repair deeds then use the organiser/restock agent whatever is supposed to be used to automatically put them in a bag.

It would be nice to be able to actually 'stock' a vendor with them like UO Assist does, ie add a price and it auto prices as you drop them on a vendor, but just to be able to scoop em up and put them in a bag would be good. I used to do that forever ago (pre the time you did the EC upgrade, this is the first time since then I have tried but just cannot even find the 'organiser agent' anywhere.

Glad to know I wasn't going nuts trying to find the info.
just press ESC and use "Agents Settings", not everything needs to be in the hotbars...

the stock vendor is impossible to do on EC.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never would of looked on the 'esc' menu for this function. I had been through the main menu and every single tab looking for it, then through every single menu on the action options. What a strange place to put it. No wonder I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the ghost images remaining on screen after they're dead or even belonging to someone else repairable or is that not in your UI?

Do a few spawns or rooms at the roof and the ghost images are all over and makes it near impossible to target real enemies. I even have water eles and treefellows ghosting to the next rooms. Gets so bad you have no choice, you have to log completely out of the game and back in to cure it.

Also I keep hitting friendly RC's and EV's or any player summons with my targeting macro, do you have a solution for that? I've made a macro with smart target but that doesn't target all enemies no matter what i check on the list.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the ghost images remaining on screen after they're dead or even belonging to someone else repairable or is that not in your UI?

Do a few spawns or rooms at the roof and the ghost images are all over and makes it near impossible to target real enemies. I even have water eles and treefellows ghosting to the next rooms. Gets so bad you have no choice, you have to log completely out of the game and back in to cure it.

Also I keep hitting friendly RC's and EV's or any player summons with my targeting macro, do you have a solution for that? I've made a macro with smart target but that doesn't target all enemies no matter what i check on the list.
the ghost images are not related to the UI.

the smart targeting uses the mobiles list filter so if you can't target something, just check your filters and make sure it's listed :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the ghost images are not related to the UI.

the smart targeting uses the mobiles list filter so if you can't target something, just check your filters and make sure it's listed :p
Can someone please tell me what mobiles to pick to exclude the summons but still target the baddies? I have tried every combination there is I think.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please tell me what mobiles to pick to exclude the summons but still target the baddies? I have tried every combination there is I think.
use the smart target and remove the summons from the mobiles list from user settings.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Target Next Enemy and that will target a summons even though I deselected Summons. There's a Smart Target Next, but that will target Blue, Green, Yellow targets as well as Grey, Red & Orange so that doesn't work.. I don't see a Smart Target Next Enemy.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
use the smart target and remove the summons from the mobiles list from user settings.
I am an archer. I have the following Mobiles checked on my list Attackable-Criminal-Murderer, all the rest are unchecked. Using the Macro: TargetNearestEnemy-AttackCurrentTarget I still hit summons.

I also have a macro that is comprised of the Actions: SmartNearestTarget - AttackCurrentTarget. This does not target summons, however, it doesn't attack anything else either.

Please do not assume we are just stupid, you wrote this UI, we didn't, we count on you for help.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Target Next Enemy and that will target a summons even though I deselected Summons. There's a Smart Target Next, but that will target Blue, Green, Yellow targets as well as Grey, Red & Orange so that doesn't work.. I don't see a Smart Target Next Enemy.
I am an archer. I have the following Mobiles checked on my list Attackable-Criminal-Murderer, all the rest are unchecked. Using the Macro: TargetNearestEnemy-AttackCurrentTarget I still hit summons.

I also have a macro that is comprised of the Actions: SmartNearestTarget - AttackCurrentTarget. This does not target summons, however, it doesn't attack anything else either.

Please do not assume we are just stupid, you wrote this UI, we didn't, we count on you for help.
the smart target, choose only between the npcs you see on the mobile bars, just disable what you DON'T want to target.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with that is I have the Blue and Green bars up so I can heal and res when I need to, so I have to keep them selected.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with that is I have the Blue and Green bars up so I can heal and res when I need to, so I have to keep them selected.
you can't have all, party up with who you want to heal and use the mobile bar to manage enemies :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the smart target, choose only between the npcs you see on the mobile bars, just disable what you DON'T want to target.
As I said, I only have Attackable-Criminal-Murderer checked on the mobile list but when I use smart target it doesn't select anything.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said, I only have Attackable-Criminal-Murderer checked on the mobile list but when I use smart target it doesn't select anything.
assuming the mobile bar is open and active, try with a clean profile, perhaps there is something fishy on the one you're using...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
assuming the mobile bar is open and active, try with a clean profile, perhaps there is something fishy on the one you're using...
"Clean profile" means what I think it means? I lose all my hotbars, macros, basically everything on my most used character?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rename the profile for that character and see if it gets fixed. If not then delete the new profile and rename your old one back.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly don't think anything is borked. I think I just don't know what actions to use in the macro to get this to work. There are sooooo many target actions I think I probably have the wrong one(s) in my macro but my regular macro without using smart target works just fine, only problem is, it targets all friendly summons also.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible for you to make an action -- or is it possible for us to write a command script that would drop all the runes out of a runebook without clicking 40 different times?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible for you to make an action -- or is it possible for us to write a command script that would drop all the runes out of a runebook without clicking 40 different times?
this can't be done in the normal runebooks, in the new ones nothing can be done...

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this can't be done in the normal runebooks, in the new ones nothing can be done...
Don't understand, this can't be done in the normal runebooks or this can be done in the normal runebooks?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't understand, this can't be done in the normal runebooks or this can be done in the normal runebooks?
He's saying that it can't be done...... and that he can't do ANYTHING with the new Atlas.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the patch this morning....every minute or so my item insurance menu pops on screen. Anyone else experience this?

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having it reported by others as well. There seems to be something else popping up as well but it doesn't stay long enough to make it out. It just flashes on the screen real fast

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'm getting both as well. And another very odd bug, I can't open one of my Atlas Rune books. I tried on different characters and different accounts. I can in default so I removed all the runes and put them in a new book but now can't open it up as well.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still happening but I got a patch error when relogging as did others. "BATANG.TTC" failed

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patched and still have the problem with the insurance menu opening. Also i'm still getting that same error message during the patch that I posted about in UHALL.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patched and still have the problem with the insurance menu opening. Also i'm still getting that same error message during the patch that I posted about in UHALL.
if you get the error you have not updated the UI. I'm working to convert that file in another format since the host won't allow the download of that...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I'm definitely patched but the insurance window does come up. Takes about 5 minutes now and I also get the quick flash of some screen as well.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The flash screen might be the citizenship title window. I can't seem to access it normally however.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The flash screen might be the citizenship title window. I can't seem to access it normally however.
that window is not supposed to be shown in any way, all the info are inside the character sheet.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I'm definitely patched but the insurance window does come up. Takes about 5 minutes now and I also get the quick flash of some screen as well.
now the patch should work :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, I figured out what was causing the odd bug with the Atlas Rune Book. If it has a rune to Ter Mur in it you can't open it. I emptied the book in Default, switched to Pincos and put them in one a time, opening it after each one and after I put the Ter Mur rune it I couldn't open it. I switched back to default, opened it and removed that one rune, switched back to Pincos and I could open it again.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that window is not supposed to be shown in any way, all the info are inside the character sheet.
Yes sir but could not access it from inside character sheet. It is functioning now after last patch and pops up appear to be gone as well. Thank you and some bread in your jar is on the way. ;)

Aldric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if it is fixed but when updating the ui still getting the korean file failed and cant update ui completely.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, I figured out what was causing the odd bug with the Atlas Rune Book. If it has a rune to Ter Mur in it you can't open it. I emptied the book in Default, switched to Pincos and put them in one a time, opening it after each one and after I put the Ter Mur rune it I couldn't open it. I switched back to default, opened it and removed that one rune, switched back to Pincos and I could open it again.
Not sure if it is fixed but when updating the ui still getting the korean file failed and cant update ui completely.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
try now

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's saying that it can't be done...... and that he can't do ANYTHING with the new Atlas.
Since there were two negatives there, I was hoping he just made a mistake and meant he could do it in normal runebooks. I am very familiar with folks that have English as their second language and I know English is not his native language so that's why I questioned it also just for clarification and since he has not answered I assume you are correct. Not even worried about the Atlas, I will not use that monstrosity anyhow.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since there were two negatives there, I was hoping he just made a mistake and meant he could do it in normal runebooks. I am very familiar with folks that have English as their second language and I know English is not his native language so that's why I questioned it also just for clarification and since he has not answered I assume you are correct. Not even worried about the Atlas, I will not use that monstrosity anyhow.
I typed that while I was in a hurry so I might give the wrong meaning to it :D
anyway that is not possible in any runebook because the gump closes after you remove a rune, and since you have to use the item again and items can't be used via script, there is no way to do that.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I typed that while I was in a hurry so I might give the wrong meaning to it :D
anyway that is not possible in any runebook because the gump closes after you remove a rune, and since you have to use the item again and items can't be used via script, there is no way to do that.
Thanks Pinco for clarifying, I was just hoping that we could do this, it would be a wonderful help and timesaver that means nothing in game except the awful amount of time it takes to do.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Pinco, what you did with EC is awesome! Really enjoying it and I super appreciate all the work and effort you have done to make it.

I do want to ask you for help as I have notice a few minor things (honestly not sure if it is Pinco's related or UO related):
1) sometimes containers in my house gets bugged. When I open a bugged bag, it will automatically scroll down a few rows so the first two-three rows aren't visible. Whenever I scroll up, it scrolls back down. This makes it near impossible to grab the items in the first few rows. My temporary fix is to just change the view of the backpacks so its no longer in grid view.
2) Paperdoll. When I equip a new weapon or armor, the paper doll doesn't update until I log off and log back on. I believe I tested this on both legacy and modern paperdolls and its the same problem.
3) City Loyalty. When I first started this game, I had no idea what this was. Everyone said "click on yourself" and pull up the "City Loyality" menu. When I did that, I couldn't see it. But I did notice an empty black spot where it should have been. After hours of trying to figure it out, I turned off Pincos into normal EC and then I was able to see City Loyalty. Turning Pincos back on and it's gone. Thankfully I don't plan on switching city loyalty any time soon.
4) Clicking on myself or other players. Sometimes its impossible for me to invite a player to my party or to get to vendor search by clicking on myself. I'll click, wait, nothing happens, click, wait, nothing happens. Relogging seems to fix it.

In any case, if you have solutions to any of those, I'd be super happy to try them out. If not, no biggy. I know its hard dealing with every little minor thing. None of these stop me from playing UO. =)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, what you did with EC is awesome! Really enjoying it and I super appreciate all the work and effort you have done to make it.

I do want to ask you for help as I have notice a few minor things (honestly not sure if it is Pinco's related or UO related):
1) sometimes containers in my house gets bugged. When I open a bugged bag, it will automatically scroll down a few rows so the first two-three rows aren't visible. Whenever I scroll up, it scrolls back down. This makes it near impossible to grab the items in the first few rows. My temporary fix is to just change the view of the backpacks so its no longer in grid view.
2) Paperdoll. When I equip a new weapon or armor, the paper doll doesn't update until I log off and log back on. I believe I tested this on both legacy and modern paperdolls and its the same problem.
3) City Loyalty. When I first started this game, I had no idea what this was. Everyone said "click on yourself" and pull up the "City Loyality" menu. When I did that, I couldn't see it. But I did notice an empty black spot where it should have been. After hours of trying to figure it out, I turned off Pincos into normal EC and then I was able to see City Loyalty. Turning Pincos back on and it's gone. Thankfully I don't plan on switching city loyalty any time soon.
4) Clicking on myself or other players. Sometimes its impossible for me to invite a player to my party or to get to vendor search by clicking on myself. I'll click, wait, nothing happens, click, wait, nothing happens. Relogging seems to fix it.

In any case, if you have solutions to any of those, I'd be super happy to try them out. If not, no biggy. I know its hard dealing with every little minor thing. None of these stop me from playing UO. =)
1) it could be the character profile bugged, try with a clean one...
2) this is a client problem, after a while the item properties gets "stuck" in the client and only restarting fixes it (sometimes a clean profile helps too).
3) all the info about the character are inside the character sheet, including the city loyalty.
4) this is tied to the item properties problem of the n.2, the ui tries to get info on the player, it tries and tries but nothing arrives and it gets stuck and prevents the context menu to show...