• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pincos or EC Grapics error?

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The green square shows up when you mouse over the crab traps when somthing inside or a sea serp spawns. uoec1.jpg

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your graphic card drivers are gone, reinstall them...

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your graphic card drivers are gone, reinstall them...
umm no.. rolls eyes..
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 296.10 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm no.. rolls eyes..
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 296.10 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time
reinstall it then... because that square is an animation and that yellow should be transparent ...

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
reinstall it then... because that square is an animation and that yellow should be transparent ...
After unstalling at current I am working with my old driver 2008. I tried plain EC client w/out pincos and this graphic error isnt showing up. It seems Pincos has a mouse over info when a crab is in the crab trab or a sea serp is spawned. when you mouse over the sea serp's health bar again this graphic error show up. a Green block window. I will double check my settings inside pincos.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After unstalling at current I am working with my old driver 2008. I tried plain EC client w/out pincos and this graphic error isnt showing up. It seems Pincos has a mouse over info when a crab is in the crab trab or a sea serp is spawned. when you mouse over the sea serp's health bar again this graphic error show up. a Green block window. I will double check my settings inside pincos.
is not the UI and I'm 100% sure. That is the mobile arrow not a green square, there are no green square... it's not happening on default because on default there are no animations or you will have the same effect.

This happening just because your graphic card is unable to render the animation due to a driver problem...

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am aware the mistake is 95% on the users in most case, but I must argue the point. I have reinstalled 2012 driver. I am still haveing this graphic error. I have no other error in the land of EC-UO. It only appears while running pincos.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
double checking the settings inside pincos... Has to be some new settings I clicked on.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is what you should see:

the orange arrow bouncing on the trap...

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After unclicking a few items in pincos UI ! The Graphic error is now gone.

Man this site lags...:rant2:
I will attemp to narrow down the option I unclicked to figgure out which one it was.

C

Conrad

Zane, I agree with Pinco.

That green square is what is known as a placeholder--it is there to simply replace a graphic that the video card cannot render, in this case the graphic for the mouseover arrow that Pinco added to the game with his UI.

His suggestion is what I would have suggested, but with an additional warning--do not simply run the uninstaller for the Nvidia drivers. It WILL leave garbage behind that borks the new install. Google "Uninstall Nvidia Drivers Completely" and reinstall with the latest drivers after making sure there is nothing Nvidia related on your HD before you re-install.

While I understand the thinking that "it's worked until now" seems appropriate, I cannot remember how many times reinstalling drivers (after a careful removal) has fixed problems I had no idea were related to a driver. When I first started using the EC, I had a bug that didn't show water near shorelines--reinstalling my drivers (at Pinco's suggestion, no less!) fixed the problem.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a clean install, a clean reinstall. so I thought. I didnt just yank out the driver. I will double check again.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a clean install, a clean reinstall. so I thought. I didnt just yank out the driver. I will double check again.
Na, I am not unstalling all my Nvidia Drivers which Has many differnt controls such as networking. I dont want to be here struggeling to get net access... How about this; pincos should install a new graphics in a patch... Dont make me fix a problem created by third party..short of the macros is the only reason I use pincos to begin with. If I find myself with a glitch or error in the future Ill think about it. Up untill now I havent had any problems. I say the burden is on pincos not my machine at this point. My machine stays undated I bet the error isnt not on my machine per say, My bet is; its more of a corputed file in that large patch that came down from pincos. Thanks for the help.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Na, I am not unstalling all my Nvidia Drivers which Has many differnt controls such as networking. I dont want to be here struggeling to get net access... How about this; pincos should install a new graphics in a patch... Dont make me fix a problem not created by third party..short of the macros is the only reason I use pincos to begin with. If I find myself with a glitch or error in the future Ill think about it. Up untill now I havent had any problems. I say the burden is on pincos not my machine at this point. My machine stays undated I bet the error isnt not on my machine per say, My bet is; its more of a corputed file in that large patch that came down from pincos. Thanks for the help.
If the file was corrupted do not create the green square, just makes the client to crash :p
However, if you need a justification for your laziness let's say that your computer is possessed by a deamon that hates bouncing arrows :D