• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pic's and info on new tames...*edit* Now with CRAFTED pets!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who may be curious....I *think* this is everything. *Updated with tinkered*

Iron Beetle

4 slots, can mine, but I haven't figured out how to get it to do so. Also has option to set it to mine stone, and "gems" but they were greyed out. Found in the underground near the grey goblins.

400 hps, 60 range phys 30s in rest.

Slith

Newb monster. 1 slot. Found in forests.

Stone slith

Newb monster extra. Few more hps, better resists. Also there are toxic sliths, but you cant tame them for some silly reason. Also found in forests, and in some lavaish areas.

Chicken Lizard

The famous chicken lizard. 1 slot. Found roaming forests.

Boura

Comes in 3 types, highland (3 slots) lowland and ruddy (2 slots). Not sure what the difference is between them, I didn't mess around with them. *edit* I understand the ruddy ones have pack instinct, making them vastly better than Raptors :(. They look the same, and have similar stats. They seem to have colored fur you can skin from them... Found in forests near the main city.
500-600 hps, good resists. Decent pet, and my fav graphics wise. :D

Skree

4 slots, good resists, 300ish hps, its most important feature is that it can use mysticism. Found in area north of main city.

Raptor

Hooray tamable dinosaurs! :D 2 slots, 300ish hps, good resists...no pack instinct.... neat little guy, moves fast. Found outside of holy city.

Wolf Spider

My personal favorite. 2 slots, 200+ hp 30ish in all resist cept poison which is 100%! Pack instinct and poisoning. Cool pet. Found in same area as iron beetles.

Crafted pets:
All these guys are crafted with tinkering, require no skill to operate, cannot be healed with bandages, or magery heals, but CAN be healed by the mystic spell "Cleansing Winds" (thats all I tried to be fair). Can they be healed somehow with tinkering? I don't know.
All are craftable after visiting Sutek's workshop in the abyss and competing his fun little quest.

pets
Clockwork Scorpion.

Its like a regular scorpion, one slot 125 max hps/stam, and pack instinct. As far as I can tell its an exact copy of regular scorpions. Required Leather and gears to make.

Leather Wolf

No its not new bondage slang, its a pet! Decent pack instinct pet at that. Basically dire wolves (both 1 slot), but with 75 extra hps, and better average resists, and a weaker bite, and have to be healed mystically. Made with leather and oil (lamp oil from provisioners, bet lots of people didn't even know about the existence of this item! But its as old as the game).

Gargoyle Pet

What is this suggesting? Anyway seems like a pretty nice naked white dude here. Good stats and health and resists 60 phys 40 ish for the rest. 2 slots. Of course shares the weakness of all the constructs. Required Bronze Ingots, and something I forget... :(

Well there you have it, unless I missed something. Feel free to add any info.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Pic's and info on new tames...

Gargoyles can not ride any thing so ....

a) It might be tough to know for sure unless your not a Gargoyle

b) Why would anything there be ride able when the inhabitants can not ride anything

I am going to need to try to find that beetle.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Not ridable that I'm aware of.....

cool there is a good spider to tame... I defiantly want a pair of those!

And I still think the Raptor should have a pack instinct.... (obviously the devs never saw Jurassic Park! Or they would have realized it would have pack instinct!)

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the info and pics , much appreciated!! The new tames look pretty interesting haha.

T

The Fallout

Ooooooh Exciting, I just wish I had more stable slots.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wolf Spiders! I wonder if giant black widows will ever be tameable in the future? I also wonder if we'll see tameable giant tarantulas in the next expansion. You know, spiders the size of dragons!

As for the chicken lizards, they should have an extremely rare hatchable cockatrice!

But thanks for the info!

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Where does the ore that the iron beetle mines go to? Your backpack, the ground or its own backpack like the blue beetle?

S

Stupid Miner

Gah! Quit spreading the lies! Iron beetles don't mine ore, they eat it!

Hm, at one point they could be used as shovels, but Draconi said it was a bug.
(heh get it? bug? get it? eh?? huh?? *nudge nudge* *wink wink*)
:gun::mf_prop:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The iron beetles are supposed to turn the color of the ore they've most recently eaten (until it leaves their system). One of the developers indicated there were plans to do more with them, but apparently there wasn't time to fit it all in. The iron beetles may acquire other capabilities/features in the future. For now they just dig up ore to eat and deplete it at that location. There's nthing programmed to cause anything else (e.g., gems, granite, blackrock) to be generated at the same time.

I believe that one of the first testers to spend much time with them saw at least one message about the beetle destroying a battlement while he was mining along the Ter Mur city walls with one in tow. So, take that for whatever it's worth in terms of what else they might be able to do.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The iron beetles are supposed to turn the color of the ore they've most recently eaten (until it leaves their system). One of the developers indicated there were plans to do more with them, but apparently there wasn't time to fit it all in. The iron beetles may acquire other capabilities/features in the future. For now they just dig up ore to eat and deplete it at that location. There's nthing programmed to cause anything else (e.g., gems, granite, blackrock) to be generated at the same time.

I believe that one of the first testers to spend much time with them saw at least one message about the beetle destroying a battlement while he was mining along the Ter Mur city walls with one in tow. So, take that for whatever it's worth in terms of what else they might be able to do.

LOL, I can see it now...iron beetle poop all over the place. Maybe they'll poop ingots?????? hehehe

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

LOL, I can see it now...iron beetle poop all over the place. Maybe they'll poop ingots?????? hehehe
OMG you just made me think of the funniest thing.....

Maybe they eat ore and poop blackrock...... and that is how blackrock gets "deposited" in the area..... LOL

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OMG you just made me think of the funniest thing.....

Maybe they eat ore and poop blackrock...... and that is how blackrock gets "deposited" in the area..... LOL
Then there must have been some iron beetles with diarrhea at those blackrock sites in the Lost Lands!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, my bad, I just assumed it mined due to the fact that there was ore popping up next to it on the ground (verite at that) right after I tamed it, and it has settings like a shovel.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Thanks for the info and pix!

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yes and they get agrivated and attack their owner while trying to pass a chunk of granite.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

verite was popping up on the ground?

maybe they are kinda like the Horde Minions in that they just randomlly dig stuff up in their resource area like the Horde Minions just randomlly pick up stuff.

meh?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the pics!

Would be even cooler if they ate ore and pooping ingots 1 level higher. ie eat iron, poops dull copper...

BTW, is any of the new pets tamable only by gargoyles (ie like cu sidhes can only be tamed by elves)?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the pics!

Would be even cooler if they ate ore and pooping ingots 1 level higher. ie eat iron, poops dull copper...

BTW, is any of the new pets tamable only by gargoyles (ie like cu sidhes can only be tamed by elves)?
Naw, all are universal. None are mounts.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yes and they get agrivated and attack their owner while trying to pass a chunk of granite.
*imagines beetle trying to pass a spawned shadow ele*

edit...might wanna look more at the boura. For pvp these may be interesting.

*imagines a huge ram*...wut you think it can do? :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No new tameables are rideable - which makes sense since the gargoyles can't ride
none are particularly uber, they seem to be mostly mid-level tames.
The three types of Boura are Lowland, Ruddy and High Plains. Lowland and Ruddy take 2 slots and are non agressive, High Plains take 3 slots and will attack. I don't yet know what use, if any, can be made of the fur.
I've not yet discovered what makes the skree worth 4 slots.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No new tameables are rideable - which makes sense since the gargoyles can't ride
The three types of Boura are Lowland, Ruddy and High Plains. Lowland and Ruddy take 2 slots and are non agressive, High Plains take 3 slots and will attack. I don't yet know what use, if any, can be made of the fur.
Skree spam sleep. Thats why they are 4 slots. They can put a greater dragon out of the game. Cant kill it... but they can nullify it.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Does anyone have any idea how much taming is required for each of the new tameables?

R

RichDC

Skree spam sleep. Thats why they are 4 slots. They can put a greater dragon out of the game. Cant kill it... but they can nullify it.
Im wondering what taming is needed to control these things.

Also...i read some info that they use mysticism...so do they do anything else apart from sleep?? Like the talon strike for example. Do they constantly spam sleep or is it only if targeted???

How does this affect guild/party members?

K

kalzaketh

eh not by gargoyles as they can't ride

S

Stupid Miner

Ok, my bad, I just assumed it mined due to the fact that there was ore popping up next to it on the ground (verite at that) right after I tamed it, and it has settings like a shovel.
Psh, yea, pretty farfetched conclusion if you ask me :p. Sorry, I sometimes forget who was no in closed beta.

Does anyone have any idea how much taming is required for each of the new tameables?
Petra does, she made a list. I think she said Bouras were around 20-30 but that's all i remember.

-----
BTW, I have no idea why your gargoyle pet came out looking like a human, it's supposed to be a kittygoyle.

F

Fink

Can they be healed somehow with tinkering? I don't know.

I would hope so. I've been asking for a broader expansion to clockworks since golems were nerfed. Can they be crafted (tinkered) without Mysticism/Imbuing?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Underworld to find the Iron beetles. I found them..... kinda, they are invisible in the Enhanced client.

I went further down. Have you seen Navrey Night-Eyes? She looks great but creepy ! :)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Shrug*

I am not willing to write the Skree off just yet (if anyone from the closed Beta has a fully trained Skree then some input would be welcome).

I spent some time last night with the one I tamed and have Resist/Dex/Meditation maxed out.

I had to experiment around as to what mob to use to train their Fighting Skills. I finally settled on the Ore Haulers in the Fan Dancer for a bit, then moved back a room to the Headless.

I ended where most skills are 55+ vs the beginning of around 25.

I started with Lizardmen and ended with Lizardmen.

At the beginning the Lizardmen swarmed him and I had to keep him alive and took quite a while to kill 5 with 3 respawns.

At the end, the Lizardmen swarmed him, he mostly 1 hit killed them and I didn't need to heal him at all.

I did a quick test vs the Cyclops Warriors and Titans and while he was slightly out of his league he was by no means a loser. I had to toss a few Heals his way vs the Warriors. The Titans he seemed to pretty much be ok with.

If possible I plan on taking this one to being fully trained but I am getting a bad feeling that his Magery (currently 87.n) may be the hardest skill to raise.

He is definitely sleeping things as you get to see th4e Zzzzzz's floating up.

*Shrug* hum .... well just to say what I saw, this Skree at the end was doing 20's to 50's melee damage based on the floating numbers.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Underworld to find the Iron beetles. I found them..... kinda, they are invisible in the Enhanced client.

I went further down. Have you seen Navrey Night-Eyes? She looks great but creepy ! :)
Yes navrey is very creepy looking. Could you figure out how to get out of there other then recalling out? I was stuck dead in there and had to use the stuck option to get out.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope but the pillars had some interesting broken stones in it.

R

RichDC

*Shrug*

If possible I plan on taking this one to being fully trained but I am getting a bad feeling that his Magery (currently 87.n) may be the hardest skill to raise.

He is definitely sleeping things as you get to see th4e Zzzzzz's floating up.
I need to confirm this...Skeets have magery AND mysticism??

Or is mysticism being recorded as magery?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I need to confirm this...Skeets have magery AND mysticism??

Or is mysticism being recorded as magery?
I have no clue how to answer this factually.

My reference to Magery is on the Animal Lore Gump.

I heard the sound the Greater Heal Makes but I did not see the spell effect. I did see sever spell effects I did NOT recognize.

I am unaware of any spells etc that Ore Haulers, Headless and Lizardmen can caswt/perform that would create the sounds and effects.

One of the spell effects I saw often being used on the Lizardmen was a column of fire (I liken it to FlameStrike) that as often as not 1 hit the Lizardmen.

*Shrug* This is all in the Enhanced Client and ..... well a number of effect type things have been changed so ......

I will take him back tonight and hopefully get him into the 80's so I can go do the Shadow Ore Elemental.

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really on topic but the Bouras really remind me of the mystics from the Dark Crystal minus the extra set of arms however.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking bantas (Star Wars) myself. It could lead to a whole new line of gargoyle threats/insults calling someone "boura fodder" :)

T

TheGrayGhost

I was thinking bantas (Star Wars) myself. It could lead to a whole new line of gargoyle threats/insults calling someone "boura fodder" :)
lol I was thinking Dark Crystal myself. They look like they would fit in there. Bah Kaneda said the same thing already lol.

@OP

I don't think the Skree's actually use mysticism. From what I've seen they cast magery spells but seem to have a sleep special attack. They will sleep spam but haven't seen them casting any other mysticism spells at all.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol I was thinking Dark Crystal myself. They look like they would fit in there. Bah Kaneda said the same thing already lol.

@OP

I don't think the Skree's actually use mysticism. From what I've seen they cast magery spells but seem to have a sleep special attack. They will sleep spam but haven't seen them casting any other mysticism spells at all.
So far I have the Skree up to the High 70's at this level he holds his own vs the Cyclops and below. He even killed an Ogre Lord with quite a Few (but not spamming) Greater Heals.

Hopefully I will be able to get a Shadow Ore Ele and finish off all but Magery (not that I wouldn't love to but I do suspect it is going to be a PITA skill to raise).

It may be just as well they don't use Mystisim as aren't those spells mostly vs Chaos Damage and do we have a Chaos Resist?

C

Camtha

Chaos damage as far as I know it rolls randomly on each hit the type of damage it deals.

Can we have some lored values on those new pets too? My comp crashes when i log to Retribution (okey it holds for 5 to 50 seks before exiting to windows:D)

Anyone got Battlechiken yet?

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Gargoyle Pet

What is this suggesting? Anyway seems like a pretty nice naked white dude here. Good stats and health and resists 60 phys 40 ish for the rest. 2 slots. Of course shares the weakness of all the constructs. Required Bronze Ingots, and something I forget... :(

Well there you have it, unless I missed something. Feel free to add any info.

Now that pet looks fun <~<U

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With our guild Abbrevation being CAT i sure would like a Kittygoyle. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm gradually adding them to hunter's guide, with taming requirements. Though some of them were a bit strange and may need adjustment later. So far I've added 9 Ter Mur creatures to the list.

I haven't tried to tame a wolf spider yet though. I only found my way through to where they spawn last night.
I have a long file of stats and a folder full of pictures, I just need to find the time it needs to add them.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone find and tame fairy dragons? I noticed they haven't been mentioned here, but I saw a write up for them in the SA MOB section on uo.com. The other thing which caught my attention was about the Skree.

This small creature is peaceful and friendly. While he requires a lot of convincing, once tamed he will accept any new master. When bonded, he will perform various services for his master: he will fetch targeted resources otherwise unreachable by his master without flight ability.
Does this mean they are hard to tame, but anyone can receive and control them? Did anyone try the fetch ability?