• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Picking a server?

D

Drakosheila

I played originally when FFXI came out on the PS2, but I don't recall the system asking for you to pick a server. Didn't it just pick for you unless you had a buddy pass?

Is this a feature now? I'd really like to know, cuz rumor has it I'm getting a copy for my PC for my B-Day next week!

T

tanls

Yes, it's true. You can pick your server now. It was an upgrade that happened a while back. There's been a lot of changes to the game just within the past year. The game has doubled in size with the inclusion of WoTG expansion and they have modified many things in the game. CoP has been semi-nerfed, many jobs have had modifications made to them, whole new lists of equipment and synths were added, some of the most popular gear that had overcamped NMs and outrageous prices have now been modified or had R/E items created. To be honest, if you haven't played in over 2 years or so, it can seem like a completely different game.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, what tanls said. And Yep, it used to pick for you.

Hope your birthday does well for you!

D

Drakosheila

Many heartfelt thanks! That should make it easier for me to help my mom play. If she's buying the game again, I know she's going to want to play also. Helping her out is the least I can do for such an awesome present.
I think I'd heard there was another continent added into the game. I'm getting pretty jazzed up getting the chance to play again!

Oh, a whole week of suspence! Woe is me...

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the last two years? Yep! Along with a myriad of new quests and missions, Assault, Salvage, Besieged and three new jobs (Corsair, Puppetmaster, Blue Mage).

The Wings of the Goddess, as it stands now, is almost the same size as the two continents you know now, and as Tanls said can potentially be as large as, or larger than, all the content we had before its release, simply because the timeset is during the Crystal War era. With that, you get campaign battles (which now take place within the cities!), campaign ops (mini-missions that pay in experience/limit points and allied notes), and yes, more quests and missions! Oh, and two new jobs (Dancer and Scholar).