• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets with special healing

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you. Someone should make a spread sheet that shows what pets can train what, and what skills replace other skills, maybe in a skill tree format...
Any magic replaces things that were on the pet from a magic choice. Lions have pierce:

Piercing
Trains the creature in the bleed, armor ignore, and paralyze special moves. Also trains the creature in the Pierce & Thrust mastery abilities.

There is a page here for most pets that go to 5 slots. Search the pet you want and it shows what they can get. Lion

But you can search here for Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com for lion and it shows what you can get.

Also put your lion in the intensity calculator and then go to the planner to see what can be added.

The big cats basically come with what they can get or you just make a different big cat.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try to get healing tick of a tiger - had it down to 2 healt and let it heal up and beat it down, but it wont tick off... Is it broke now?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I try to get healing tick of a tiger - had it down to 2 healt and let it heal up and beat it down, but it wont tick off... Is it broke now?
It isn't broken, you just have to tame it at the right time.

When it goes into its healing sequence, it will apply two bandages that you can hear. It is during this time that you have to tame it, it is a pretty small window. If you keep on angering the beast, you'll just have to beat it down again to make it use those two bandages. 2 hp is way too risky. It only needs to be less than 10% of the life, so, for example, a 187 hp lion needs to be beaten down to 17 hp to make it use the bandages.

If you do successfully tame the lion, and you missed the window, it won't have healing. Some suggest that you release it and re tame it, I say release it and kill it, take the free bandages and try another. The skills drop 30% every time you tame it.

Once you have tamed a lion with healing, you need to train the healing up to 25 - 30 skill before putting it in stables to bond. If you don't, and it bonds with 4 or 5 healing skill, that skill will go away when you feed it to bond it.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't broken, you just have to tame it at the right time.

When it goes into its healing sequence, it will apply two bandages that you can hear. It is during this time that you have to tame it, it is a pretty small window. If you keep on angering the beast, you'll just have to beat it down again to make it use those two bandages. 2 hp is way too risky. It only needs to be less than 10% of the life, so, for example, a 187 hp lion needs to be beaten down to 17 hp to make it use the bandages.

If you do successfully tame the lion, and you missed the window, it won't have healing. Some suggest that you release it and re tame it, I say release it and kill it, take the free bandages and try another. The skills drop 30% every time you tame it.

Once you have tamed a lion with healing, you need to train the healing up to 25 - 30 skill before putting it in stables to bond. If you don't, and it bonds with 4 or 5 healing skill, that skill will go away when you feed it to bond it.
If you read my post - it will not heal itself, so that means, it will not be able to be tamed with healing. You have to tick off healing first, then you can tame it. Now - i tried several tigers - and none are trying to heal when almost dead (less than 5% health).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tigers can not get healing. Unless it's a sabre toothed. Lions and triceratops can.
If it is a sabre toothed, some are stubborn and will walk around with near 0hp.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you read my post - it will not heal itself, so that means, it will not be able to be tamed with healing. You have to tick off healing first, then you can tame it. Now - i tried several tigers - and none are trying to heal when almost dead (less than 5% health).
Ah, you said tiger, and I assumed you meant saber toothed, and I gave an example of a lion.. :)

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know this thread has been going a few months now, is it not just all a bit of a farce? Has it not been put to the devs that the pet either has healing or it has not.

This just sounds broken to me.

Everyday we are fudging and working around things to get the desired results when we shouldn't have to. If this was indeed intended, they need a slap!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know this thread has been going a few months now, is it not just all a bit of a farce? Has it not been put to the devs that the pet either has healing or it has not.

This just sounds broken to me.

Everyday we are fudging and working around things to get the desired results when we shouldn't have to. If this was indeed intended, they need a slap!
The first Christmas the reds got a lump of coal. Someone figured out how to dye cloth with it.
Who knows what is a glitch, unintended, or an Easter egg.
That is one of the nice things about UO. They like to challenge us. Recently the fork in the vault at Brit commons.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My sabre tooth (non Tokuno critter) came with healing and Bushido (up to 85ish so far).
The Bushido the Sabre-Toothed Tiger has is from the innate Slashing combat magical. Unfortunately this version of Bushido is a Passive version which is only used damage calculations on Nerve Strike. For a pet to have the full gamut of Bushido abilities, they need to have the actual Bushido magical listed as an ability under their Pet Advancements (this is the type of Bushido only native Tokuno creatures can get).

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sabre Tooths come with "fake" bushido. It will not use the Bushido moves like a Hiryu will.
My lesser hiryu now has about 57 Bushido skill ( Bushido listed under pet advancements ), and it has yet to use a single lightning strike, confidence, evade, or anything... it only uses whirlwind liberally. What gives?
upload_2019-3-11_8-57-18.png

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My lesser hiryu now has about 57 Bushido skill ( Bushido listed under pet advancements ), and it has yet to use a single lightning strike, confidence, evade, or anything... it only uses whirlwind liberally. What gives?
View attachment 95601
It just needs to skill up more. Once the Bushido skill gets higher you will hear/see the Lightning Strikes, Confidence, and Evasion abilities. You will also see the "*evades*" emote when evasion is active (not sure if that is EC only or not). I want to say somewhere around 80-90 skill is where they will really start using all the abilities.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It just needs to skill up more. Once the Bushido skill gets higher you will hear/see the Lightning Strikes, Confidence, and Evasion abilities. You will also see the "*evades*" emote when evasion is active (not sure if that is EC only or not). I want to say somewhere around 80-90 skill is where they will really start using all the abilities.
He's starting to use the skills now! :D

First time I heard confidence used was at 59.5 skill
First time I saw lightning strike was at 62.5 skill
First evade seen at 72.5 skill

edit... the use is still very far and few between at these skill levels. I guess 80 - 90 is when they really start to shine. Just glad to know my pet isn't broken. :)

Last edited: