• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet's in factions?

S

S.W.A.T

Ugh =[
Is there a reason why your pets wont attack someone in the same faction as you?
Our rival guild went Minax this morning after leaving SL, and we can't get are pets to attack them, they ignore all our commands.
This guild has about 60 members, ares only have about 10! I just think it's silly, and am not sure why the whole pet thing was tooken into place?
Now we have to leave Minax, lose all are points and start over =[
I know people complain about people killing each other in the same faction, but I really don't think there should be any penalty for doing it, just for reasons like this.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh =[
Is there a reason why your pets wont attack someone in the same faction as you?
Our rival guild went Minax this morning after leaving SL, and we can't get are pets to attack them, they ignore all our commands.
This guild has about 60 members, ares only have about 10! I just think it's silly, and am not sure why the whole pet thing was tooken into place?
Now we have to leave Minax, lose all are points and start over =[
I know people complain about people killing each other in the same faction, but I really don't think there should be any penalty for doing it, just for reasons like this.
Swat, did you have your pets guarding you, they should of countered attack to protect you.

S

S.W.A.T

They sure were, wouldn't attack them guarding or not, I'm sure it has somthing to do with being in the same faction, or else they wouldn't have switched, and we never had this problem before when they were SL.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it's a bug or intended but no pets will not attack members of your same faction.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard is this on? Sounds like its time to put the tamers on hold, whip out the mages and hold yer ground.

You can take a hit on your points by passing them all to a "point storage" character. Leave that one character in your soon to be old faction. Move your guilds faction and kill the "point storage" character to retrieve your points. This is a horrid solution but the only one I can think of.. sides stealing sigils like crazy.

Perhaps you can use some underhanded tactic like they did to get passed there defenses. Tactical warfare holds no limitations. Constant hit and run tactics on hangouts/guild houses tend to annoy others nicely.

S

S.W.A.T

Lake Austin =]
Ask Tinkz, are oppont guild is HUGE!
We play tamers since we're so small, but mostly archer/tamers with dogs, that gimp temp, so weak but fun to play!
Are opponent isn't tought, just all numbers! We are soooo small. I could care less, if they didn't go into stat or not, but pets we do need, its just a bug I think though, something they could easily fix.
But Lyn, thanks for advice, yeah there isn't much to do here, but If we leave Minax, they're only going to switch as we do, so basically, it just shows how low they will go, to prevent from losing =[[[

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lake Austin =]
We play tamers since we're so small, but mostly archer/tamers with dogs, that gimp temp, so weak but fun to play!
Are opponent isn't tought, just all numbers! We are soooo small. I could care less, if they didn't go into stat or not, but pets we do need, its just a bug I think though, something they could easily fix.
But Lyn, thanks for advice, yeah there isn't much to do here, but If we leave Minax, they're only going to switch as we do, so basically, it just shows how low they will go, to prevent from losing =[[[

im so happy this is how it works, no more overpowered naked tamers with smokebombs ganking people. thank god OMG tamers recived the 1st nerf EVER WOWOMWOMWOMWM! lol

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im so happy this is how it works, no more overpowered naked tamers with smokebombs ganking people. thank god OMG tamers recived the 1st nerf EVER WOWOMWOMWOMWM! lol
LOL,You have to be that person in vent that whines when you get a bite out of your behind from a pet. Tamers have had several big nerfs over the years and btw the smoke bombs do work still!

Swat, even with your pets guarding you, won't counter attack in your defense. I tried to find out some information about this change, but haven't managed to find any.

R

RichDC

It is intended, was part of a patch (or "fix" to a patch) a couple of months ago.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL,You have to be that person in vent that whines when you get a bite out of your behind from a pet. Tamers have had several big nerfs over the years and btw the smoke bombs do work still!

Swat, even with your pets guarding you, won't counter attack in your defense. I tried to find out some information about this change, but haven't managed to find any.
This is TB in a nutshell. Either log on a theif and smoke bomb/trapped box away. Or log on a tamer with a greater dragon and smoke bombs/trapped box.

I mean really, you should try PvP one day.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

tamers are not overpowered noob

if anything a couple pets are, but you just need to L2P

if you disco peace a greater dragon its out for the count

if you herd a greater dragon, you can make it go wherever you want

there are plenty of anti tamer builds, its just all you pvp noobs want to be WTFPWN uber skill set warriors/mages, and the cry when you have a weakness

I got news for you, most tamers, especialy stealth tamers, dont ahve a weapon skill, and can be killed pretty quick, mage and archer tamers can be anoying though

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and yes..
I think Coke and I had the only tamers in the guild for most of the time KDL was active on GL and you would have never seen me on my peace tamer because I mostly used her for getting pets for everyone else and pet rezzes and farming silver for my tinker to use for trap-making. And you shouldn't have seen me on the tracker tamer unless you were a thief I was trying to find! Coke didn't bring out his tamer all that often...I think he was on his mage most of the time. There were a couple of stealth archers, but I can only remember there being two of three of them. The rest were mages and dexxers or regular non-stealth archers. And a lot of the characters were red. Fun times.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Coke and I had the only tamers in the guild for most of the time KDL was active on GL and you would have never seen me on my peace tamer because I mostly used her for getting pets for everyone else and pet rezzes and farming silver for my tinker to use for trap-making. And you shouldn't have seen me on the tracker tamer unless you were a thief I was trying to find! Coke didn't bring out his tamer all that often...I think he was on his mage most of the time. There were a couple of stealth archers, but I can only remember there being two of three of them. The rest were mages and dexxers or regular non-stealth archers. And a lot of the characters were red. Fun times.
I can't tell if you are trying to argue with me about TB being only Theives or Tamers, or if you are trying to reminisce?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tamers are not overpowered noob

if anything a couple pets are, but you just need to L2P

if you disco peace a greater dragon its out for the count

if you herd a greater dragon, you can make it go wherever you want

there are plenty of anti tamer builds, its just all you pvp noobs want to be WTFPWN uber skill set warriors/mages, and the cry when you have a weakness

I got news for you, most tamers, especialy stealth tamers, dont ahve a weapon skill, and can be killed pretty quick, mage and archer tamers can be anoying though
I believe the only tamed animals that a herder can herd are his or her own pets. Even in Fel, if you try to herd another character's pets (even those belonging to a guildmate), you get the message, "That animal looks tame already." (This is the result I get, anyway, with 97.1 herding skill. I somehow doubt it changes when you hit GM.)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't tell if you are trying to argue with me about TB being only Theives or Tamers, or if you are trying to reminisce?
Not trying to argue at all; just reminiscing, I guess. I've got a tinker and a peace tamer in TB on GL but hardly ever play them anymore. The thief I had there's been stuck on Legends for about a year now.

I don't have much interest in factions these days. It just isn't the same anymore. Seems like a lot of people are in it just for the arties and the camaraderie that existed before, even between folks in different factions, has pretty much faded.

S

sandersism

I don't really mind tamers that much, except the template that the OP posted. Having an archer dismount you, sick his dog on you, and then chase you down with paralyzing blow/running shot/concussion/armor ignore while his pet bleeds you is quite annoying.

When you put a few players running that template together... it's obnoxious.

Throw in the fact that if you target them they simply remount the pet and bail out while you're dismounted... *shrug*

Mages on dreads are about as fun... but I'd prefer that to an archer.

To me... it is something that should be fixed. I don't really feel that I should have to create a template simply to counter it.

As for the guild using factions to counter your gimp template... more power to them. You found the easiest path (via the game mechanics) to pvp, and they found the easiest path to counter it. Congratulations, you started the lame gimpness and they trumped you. Sucks for you.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is TB in a nutshell. Either log on a theif and smoke bomb/trapped box away. Or log on a tamer with a greater dragon and smoke bombs/trapped box.

I mean really, you should try PvP one day.
I always forget those darn trapped boxes!

S

S.W.A.T

I really don't know where I posted my template, never said I was a archer/tamer buddy! If you'd like to talk about obnoxious, try stealthers using smoke bombs over and over w/o penatly, or Emil Omen, try animal form, or concussion blow! Sure pets in pvp, is very lame, but when you're outnumbered it really comes in handy! Not to mention theres a weakness in every template =]

S

sandersism

Lake Austin =]
That is where you posted your template. If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me your template.

If you're trying to tell me that archer/tamers (and other tamer combo templates) aren't in need of some fixes then you're either new to pvp or you're lying to yourself. It's clearly the easiest template to pvp effectively with currently... and I'd imagine most people on the forum would agree.

The other things you mentioned... while being slightly lame... are not overpowered relative to other templates.

As for you being outnumbered on Lake Austin... I moved to Napa a couple months ago, so I haven't played there in a while, but I have a hard time believing that. Lake Austin is one of the deadest shards in existence, and for the few months that I played there, I don't believe I ever saw more than 7-8 people from ANY guild together. The shard blows pvp wise.

note: I don't play any of those templates that you've mentioned as being lame.

H

Hell Raiser

Pretty new to PvP and learning all the time. Must agree that a warrior/archer or even mage that is also a tamer is the easiest template, presnetly, to PvP with. For instance I've see an archer/tamer and a mage tamer both with 2 dogs do terrible havoc......yes you can have 2 dogs providing if a friend tells their dog to follow you. If that is a bug then it'll eventually be fixed but I don't think it is.
I have a tamer, skill is only 89.6 which tells ya how much I've played him in the past 6 yrs, but he is not in factions either though I might join a faction guild that is mainly of tamers and mages who use them for champ spawns.

The only way that Factions will ever get fixed is if, as a whole, those interested in factions constantly bombard the Devs with petitions. So I thank Tina for the link to do just that.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I checked Lynk, there is nothing in the rules that says a person can't play whatever type of character they want. It just gives someone like something to cry about when you die :). And if your silly enough to run into our death trap while defending, that is your fault. I love to see 4 greaters chomping on someone who is trapped :). Thieves, LOL yes we do have many of those, and they are all very good at what they do :).

Oh btw, I am kinda curious why you continually post here, I thought you were all about the other fourms!

S

Saleena

Last I checked Lynk, there is nothing in the rules that says a person can't play whatever type of character they want. It just gives someone like something to cry about when you die :). And if your silly enough to run into our death trap while defending, that is your fault. I love to see 4 greaters chomping on someone who is trapped :). Thieves, LOL yes we do have many of those, and they are all very good at what they do :).

Oh btw, I am kinda curious why you continually post here, I thought you were all about the other fourms!
I'm all about the other fourms and I still post here.:D

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Personally Arabella, aka ChaosKitty, you can play whatever template you like and you are still horrible. Tamer, Theif, Mage.. you are still a 3 hitter quitter.

BTW keep using mal and Kahlan's pubes as dental floss..

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally Arabella, aka ChaosKitty, you can play whatever template you like and you are still horrible. Tamer, Theif, Mage.. you are still a 3 hitter quitter.

Oh I hit a nerve did I Lynk? LOL Lets see I have been playing factions for over a year, and you don't know who I am LOL. You keeping on guessing there Lynk. Last I checked I wasn't playing this game for you Lynk, so it really doesn't matter to me what you think of my PVP skills :)

C

Chaoskitty

Omg how ******** are you that you can't correlate my name here with my name in game, you see me enough. You whine about tamers in faction yet you use Costello all the damn time. Makes no sense. And as far as my dental flossing habits go that's my freakin business, maybe Kahlan's are mint flavored.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg how ******** are you that you can't correlate my name here with my name in game, you see me enough. You whine about tamers in faction yet you use Costello all the damn time. Makes no sense. And as far as my dental flossing habits go that's my freakin business, maybe Kahlan's are mint flavored.
I don't associate names with TB theives. You are all insignificant. That would be like me assigning a name to every mongbat I see.

C

Chaoskitty

I don't associate names with TB theives. You are all insignificant. That would be like me assigning a name to every mongbat I see.
LOL, you don't associate names with thieves in TB eh? Then how did you know that Dream's thief is Grace O'Malley? Obviously if you can correlate the two of those chars you remember some of TB names and alt chars. Want to try that again?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, you don't associate names with thieves in TB eh? Then how did you know that Dream's thief is Grace O'Malley? Obviously if you can correlate the two of those chars you remember some of TB names and alt chars. Want to try that again?
Sure, you're a fat lonely old maid?

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our greaters sure enjoyed chomping on you last nite Lynk. They were Wonderfully happy after you got owned.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our greaters sure enjoyed chomping on you last nite Lynk. They were Wonderfully happy after you got owned.
If this was Jepoardy the question would be "What is the only way Arabella will ever kill someone?"

S

Saleena

I wouldn't exactly call 3 greater dragons on one person ownage....Now if you did something that involved some character and skill Like chase someone down 1vs1 and kill them on a character with actual pvp skills, then you can claim ownage. The fact of the matter is no one feels defeated when they die to a tamer w/ a greater dragon. Everyone knows that the Dragons are overpowered, and are just another gimp tactic in the game.

P

Piehunter

I wouldn't exactly call 3 greater dragons on one person ownage....Now if you did something that involved some character and skill Like chase someone down 1vs1 and kill them on a character with actual pvp skills, then you can claim ownage. The fact of the matter is no one feels defeated when they die to a tamer w/ a greater dragon. Everyone knows that the Dragons are overpowered, and are just another gimp tactic in the game.
God knows nobody has ever used gimp tactics before!

C

Chaoskitty

Sure, you're a fat lonely old maid?
Yep, that must be true because the all knowing Lynk said so. I really think you are reaching hun. Why don't you try and find something that would actually sting my cyber feelings.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is: Kill lynk with my greater dragon twice last nite, for $1000. LOL
OHH!!! I think i figured it out Ara. I think Lynk is trying to tell you do what he does sit in the healers building waiting to rez kill players like he does on onyxia.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OHH!!! I think i figured it out Ara. I think Lynk is trying to tell you do what he does sit in the healers building waiting to rez kill players like he does on onyxia.
I partake in many aspects of PvP, greifing by res kill is more of a last resort though it does prove to be entertaining. And FYI, I never camp a healer. That would limit the greif too much.