• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets i should have/ train?

Kiddo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,

I am now a few weeks back in the game and have gained a small overview of the new pet training system.

Now - Is someone so kind and can briefly tell me which pets I need for which boss / champ (Demon eg) / farm ?

I have for example currently a Cu with Armor Ignore and Chivalry and all skills 120 (if I have the Powerscrolls sometime)
= Single Target, e.g. Bara

I am currently working on a second Cu. It already has AI now. Should I make it with Explosive Goo?

Triton I still wanted to get - How should I skill him? Or should I have more than one?

Greater Dragon?

Other pets that I should have in any case for wild actions?

Thanks and greetings
Kiddo

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I try to align my pets with the lowest resist of the boss/mob that I'm fighting. Sure, one pet could probably do everything just fine. But I like some variety.

My personal favorite go-to pet is my midnight blue Lesser Hiryu with AI/Chiv. He's great anything with lower physical resist and just does an absurd amount of damage. A giant beetle is another good option for physical resist.

Fire beetle or Fire Steed for mobs with low fire resist. I like my beetles with Runic Corruption and AI.

I think it's also helpful to have a pet dedicated to AOE like the fire levels of a champ spawn. A Naja with frenzied WW, poison breath, and poison does really well.

I know some other people like having a tanky pet. A Triton with feint would work well.

Cu's are great pets and you can play around with the builds. AI/Chiv is the common but some people like SW or Myst with Explosive Goo.

Kiddo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, are there some "new" cool pet-combi for pvp?
To my time i ran with Rune Beetle + Bake :D

with the new abilities i would say "ok cool, something with dismount and dragon breath" - but i think that could be wasted points, too (?)

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pets were nerfed for pvp damage wise, so now are used supplementally.

I cant remember which works disarm or dismount on pets.

Poison helps, mortal will help, anything to interupt healing, causeing them to use another item.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a 120 Chiv+AI Crimson/Platinum Drake of every element, for specifically targeting an opponent's weakest Resist. They work really well for dishing out single target damage. I have a FWW+PB Najasaurus for dishing out AoE damage. A 120 Chiv+AI Triton with 129.6 Wrest/189.4 Resist, which is good for general damage dealing while staying alive with it's Healing. A Feint Triton with 120 Bushido skill for tanking really tough bosses (such as Exodus). A RC+AP Fire Beetle for debuffing opponents and making them weaker to group damage. A 120 Chiv+AI Ossein Ram which can dish out phenominal single target damage while under Berserk. These are my most used pets for my Disco/Tamer, even though he has 30+ pets in the stable.

My Death Ray Tamer/Mage © uses a 120 Disco+CB Triton for debuffing the victim's Energy Resist, which makes them take far more damage from Death Ray/Chain Lightning/E-Bolt.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a 120 Chiv+AI Crimson/Platinum Drake of every element, for specifically targeting an opponent's weakest Resist. They work really well for dishing out single target damage. I have a FWW+PB Najasaurus for dishing out AoE damage. A 120 Chiv+AI Triton with 129.6 Wrest/189.4 Resist, which is good for general damage dealing while staying alive with it's Healing. A Feint Triton with 120 Bushido skill for tanking really tough bosses (such as Exodus). A RC+AP Fire Beetle for debuffing opponents and making them weaker to group damage. A 120 Chiv+AI Ossein Ram which can dish out phenominal single target damage while under Berserk. These are my most used pets for my Disco/Tamer, even though he has 30+ pets in the stable.

My Death Ray Tamer/Mage © uses a 120 Disco+CB Triton for debuffing the victim's Energy Resist, which makes them take far more damage from Death Ray/Chain Lightning/E-Bolt.
What's the build for bushido feint? How is it damagewise?

The ossein ram, what sort of intensity did you have to find in order to fit chiv + ai and full 120?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's the build for bushido feint? How is it damagewise?

The ossein ram, what sort of intensity did you have to find in order to fit chiv + ai and full 120?
The Feint Triton just has Feint+Healing. Putting Feint on him gives him the passive Bushido skill, which Feint scales with. Put a 120 Bushido PS on it, and Feint reduces damage taken by 50% then. He also has higher Parry chance due to the passive Bushido skill. Doesn't dish out a ton of damage, but sure can tank it.

My Ossein Ram was pretty high Intensity %, but doesn't have enough TP for 120 Tactics.

Forgot to mention that i also use a RC+AP Frost Mite, for the same reason i use a RC+AP Fire Beetle, but Cold Damage instead of Fire (good for Virtuebane, Stygian Dragon, Rikktor, Semidar, etc).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He also has higher Parry chance due to the passive Bushido skill.
You sure about that, We were told by certain posters that our Cus with passive Bushido did not get the Parry bonus.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tested it. I sat there attacking my pets with my Thrower for quite awhile, and recorded how many attacks missed, hit, or were parried, and did comparisons. Pets with Bushido skill parried noticeably more than pets without Bushido skill, almost twice as often. Pets appear to parry with the equivalent of a 1H Weapon (no Shield), so Bushido skill boosts their parry chance. Pets with 120 Parry and 0 Bushido parry about 20% of incoming attacks. Pets with 120 Parry and 120 Bushido parry about 35% of incoming attacks.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did anyone ever figure out a good pet that handles the trolling EM boss that reflects damage?
Phys attack pets seem to die instantly to them. Cold / energy of cus seem to have a slight chance of saving the pet by recalling it. But is there any pet that don't get return damage?

I suspect these EM bosses are based on poraxymous (spelling).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone ever figure out a good pet that handles the trolling EM boss that reflects damage?
Phys attack pets seem to die instantly to them. Cold / energy of cus seem to have a slight chance of saving the pet by recalling it. But is there any pet that don't get return damage?

I suspect these EM bosses are based on poraxymous (spelling).
It kills all pets. Our EM started using them because the outsiders complained about so many tamers at events. It is based on paroximus. I posted a picture of the pile of dead pets the first time he used it. Now he is using one based on medusa that makes evil clones.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Souped up paroxymous and medusa is just dumb.
A normal player without plats worth of gear won't be able to fight in em events. They'll just be relegated to heal and cure duty.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And now they are making them gain HP back just before they die. So you have no idea when they will actually die. So if you are low on HP and taking damage and think, I'll just keep blasting it cause I think I have enough HP to stay alive, you may not.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah I saw that. Its silly...
Just make more monsters that people can fight.
Super tanking insta death monsters aren't fun.

When was the last time players had to regroup and attack monsters one by one? Not since town invasions.