• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Transfer Changes...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry to ask such a noobie question but as I went on my lengthy break there was talk about making pet transfers a little better. Folks were getting tired of getting scammed by the old switcheroo deal and also tired of pets being under the effects of tasty treats etc. I still am on break from the game but my son is looking at a couple of high end pets but I don't want him getting suckered... did they ever make those changes? And if so can someone link me to it please. I have tried searching and keep striking out *shrugs*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i know when you do a transfer it brings up the lore menu right there and you can see all the stats and such of the animal in the window even if you dont have animal lore. now as to if that auto kicks off any buff i dont know.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the changes they made included putting the pet in the trade window the same color as the pet being transferred. So you know you are actually getting a blaze cu sidhe and not a plain one.

One old pet scam that was used on Test Sosaria by a 9 year old girl (hi! T! ) and her brother who was maybe 11 (hi! A!) was used for scam trading of rare pets, and boy did we have some very rare colored pets on that shard.

Using two accounts, make a character on each with the same name, name a regular pet the same name as the rare pet and stash inside a building nearby, then using circle trans transfer the regular pet with same name to the player buying in the actual trade window.

This was before they added the pet's color to trade window. I think they maybe also added the pet's breed to trade window? If not then this would still work with say a nightmare and a dread mare named the same thing and held by two accounts with a tamer of the same name on the two accounts. The nightmare is held inside a building next to the dread mare being sold so it is not seen unless using all names before trading. It would work for pets that look similar in the trade window if the breed is not included along with the pet's name.

Paying hundreds of millions for a dread but getting a nightmare in the trade is why I would not buy an expensive pet near any building, thanks to those two kids teaching me a valuable lesson.

:)

I think one excellent way to NOT be scammed when buying a rare pet is buy from the New Magincia pet stalls whenever possible.

Of course the devs maybe could consider gifting us with a true pet detection tool that gives the actual buff free base info of any pet we use it on, along with the breed and a warning if another pet with the same name is located nearby.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so...... you mean like it is now where you get a trade window with the pets name and breed and who the owner is and at the same time you get the Animal Lore window for that pet up at the same time and it shows you all the skills and resists and stats for that pet?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think one excellent way to NOT be scammed when buying a rare pet is buy from the New Magincia pet stalls whenever possible.
I've seen scams involved in those as well. Like people trying to sell a 4.7 Rating "untrained" Greater Dragon, when you can clearly see the thing has like 80+ Med/Anat (when they spawn with 0.0), so actually is trained and probably only a 4.3, and they're trying to pass it off as a higher rating than it actually is.

Last edited: