• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Res Deeds

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why cant tamers make pet res deeds like tailors or smiths repair deeds. You know how hard it can be to get youre pet resed some days? I have spent an hour standing at brit bank shouting for a pet res.

With the population going down on a weekly basis its just going to get harder to get youre pet resed.

Come on Dev's Pet res deeds cant be that hard to code can it?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would make it so easy for tamers to build templates without vet... Soulstone vet off after making a stack of deeds, then throw pets into battle with nothing but mage heals. With some pets and situations, that would be workable... Just no to deeds.

I appreciate that players like to have a pet res'd as swiftly as possible, but I don't think deeds are the way to go. Especially with tamers known for their antics in certain quarters, like PvP.

I would much prefer an NPC method where a decent amount of gold was spent to res the pet. That would prevent abuses, act as a mini gold sink and offer convenience to players who had a dead pet.

Of course right now there are other options such as just keeping spare unbonded pets and calling a friend with their tamer.

Wenchy

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would make it so easy for tamers to build templates without vet... Soulstone vet off after making a stack of deeds, then throw pets into battle with nothing but mage heals. With some pets and situations, that would be workable... Just no to deeds.

I appreciate that players like to have a pet res'd as swiftly as possible, but I don't think deeds are the way to go. Especially with tamers known for their antics in certain quarters, like PvP.

I would much prefer an NPC method where a decent amount of gold was spent to res the pet. That would prevent abuses, act as a mini gold sink and offer convenience to players who had a dead pet.

Of course right now there are other options such as just keeping spare unbonded pets and calling a friend with their tamer.

Wenchy
I second that opinion and proposal. Without vet on your template, it is supposed to be difficult to find a res. To be able to bypass the begging for a res stage would make it too easy for those without vet.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would prefer that the one NPC with the title 'veterinarian' in Brit be given the capability to res 'owned by anyone' pets for a fee.

All pets that have a taming requirement to own are beyond the npc's powers.

He would rez horses, ostards, ridgebacks, lesser hiryu for samurai, giant and fire beetles etc.

N

Nvnter

Wenchy
So a Rez Deed would upset the balance of PVP? Pahlease, the point the poster is making is that that some shards have declined so much it is very difficult to find a tamer. Imagine trying to find a friend or a tamer late at night or schools-in weekdays. I have spent copious amounts of time looking for Vets to and I have a Legendary Tamer. I shouldn't have to interrupt my game play to swap Vet. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn we are talking Vet, not 120 Magery.

Rez deeds are neded or give us a Npc. I am tired of going to Legends Luna Bank and being ignored by all the PVP'rs working off counts.......Fix that game play but give us deeds. :thumbsup:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a Rez Deed would upset the balance of PVP? Pahlease, the point the poster is making is that that some shards have declined so much it is very difficult to find a tamer. Imagine trying to find a friend or a tamer late at night or schools-in weekdays. I have spent copious amounts of time looking for Vets to and I have a Legendary Tamer. I shouldn't have to interrupt my game play to swap Vet. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn we are talking Vet, not 120 Magery.

Rez deeds are neded or give us a Npc. I am tired of going to Legends Luna Bank and being ignored by all the PVP'rs working off counts.......Fix that game play but give us deeds. :thumbsup:
It would upset taming in general. I could take a cu or greater dragon to a number of spots and do very well at hunting. Tamers with a supply of res deeds are free to build much stronger templates. We have enough power already.

I supported the idea of an NPC if you read the second part of my post, I simply refuse to support deeds which would make it too easy for tamers to dump vet. And while paying a vet NPC would encourage players to interact with tamers, giving players the ability to hand out deeds at 10gp each, wouldn't. Yes, I know <5 people here give a stuff about community interactions, but I'm one of them, so there ya go.

Wenchy

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah i am talking about a miner being able to res his blue bettle. Not talking about greater dragons being resed at a harry or yew gate. Today i have spent 1 hour trying to get some one to res my miners bettle. Now i am part of a guild of around 25 players ...no one on line. So im out of luck there. I have my own Legendry Tamer but i am unable to res my other chars pets! Brit bank had hummmmm 3 people at it Luna had around 6.

NPC characters would be another good idea but not at a high cost. I dont see why i should have to pay a high cost to keep on mining.

With the UO population getting smaller and smaller its getting hard some days to get a res and i end up logging out without being able to play coz i cant find a res. Is that they way things should be...Me paying to play but not being able to?

The deeds could be made the same as smiths and tailors...you cant use them unless ur in the right shop. So for you to be able to res youre pet you would have to be in a stable. Now that would not harm pvp if i had to recal to a stable to res my greater dragon and recal back again pvp would not suffer in the slightest

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that would not harm pvp if i had to recal to a stable to res my greater dragon and recal back again pvp would not suffer in the slightest
Yes it would. For example, the tamer, able to go without vet skill, would take up a combat related skill in it's place.

You could argue that the same thing can already be done with the use of soul stones. This isn't quite so true: These can only be used once every 24 hours, so you're limited according to the amount you own.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it would. For example, the tamer, able to go without vet skill, would take up a combat related skill in it's place.

You could argue that the same thing can already be done with the use of soul stones. This isn't quite so true: These can only be used once every 24 hours, so you're limited according to the amount you own.

I know a few pvp tamers who dont have vet and rely onthers res-ing there pets...so no change there then!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets make the need to mix with others even less.... /sarcasim

Why dont you go play Baldur's Gate if you dont want other people?

A

Arnie QuickPalm

LOL yes heaven forbid you put all the nice helpfull tamers out of work by making it easy for folks to get pet rezed !!!!
i like the idea of NPC's doing the job but no fee do you expect to pay the healer to get yourself rezed??

also please make blue beetles and swampys buy able from the stable guys

i know the tamers are real nice folk and all but when they are busy sitting at the bank showing off thier CU/Pink Hiyru/GD etc etc they just dont always have the time to go and get one plus OMG do you really expect them to move for the 5-7K you might pay for one !!!!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there IS a change there. The deeds remove the need for teamwork.

but you can get youre weapon or armor fixed without a smith or tailor being online or "Without Team work" does that mean my archer should also have fletching so he can mend his bows?

so youre agument falls down again

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why cant tamers make pet res deeds like tailors or smiths repair deeds. You know how hard it can be to get youre pet resed some days? I have spent an hour standing at brit bank shouting for a pet res.

With the population going down on a weekly basis its just going to get harder to get youre pet resed.

Mount only(no greater Hiyru) would be fine.

B

BartofCats

if this does happen to go through after the other 23 times of being shot down, then if your going to make a tamer, I think that you should automatically have a 120 skill cap. No need for a scroll. Why should one invest the skill points only to have it wiped out by a stupid deed for rezzin pets.

As for making the vet in brit rez pets? No again. No fee, no deed. Find a tamer or fire up a second account. Even a noob at 50 can rez with the right jewels. Thats the whole idea for a MMORPG... to make friends and hope that one or two of them may have a tamer.

A

Azazel of LA

I dont think its a good idea. Repair deeds were added to game because to many poeple were losing their items to scammers who said they would repair your stuff and when you handed it over they ran off laughing. Saying you dont have to actually transfer your pet to anyone to get it rezzed you dont have that risk of losing it. I would stop going to brit for a pet rez and hang out at luna stables. Most tamers use that one because its located right next to the moongate.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe youre all missing the point here. lest condence my post to this:

I went to LUNA 6 PEOPLE
i went to BRIT 3 PEOPLE

NO ONE WAS ONLINE.

THE SERVER WAS DEAD

IM A MINER/SMITHY/TAILOR/TINKER

looking to get my blue beetle resed.

L

Locker

Too easy too shmeasy if I can go to an NPC healer to raise myself then I should be able to go to an NPC healer to raise my pet (or some other self service solution where I don't have to beg others).

Peace,

Locker

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not a bad idea but as far as Pvp is concerned I would be against it.

I see no need to make it even easier for players that are using their mounts to attack/dismount other players. Too many people these days have little skill but amazing fast connections. All these people can do is use their connection and let the RNG finally roll in their favor after running offscreen 15 straight times. And dismount makes this much easier for them.

I can accept it but I certainly dont want to make it even easier for these players to get right back in the game and dismounting.
I personally kill every mount I come across in Felucca. The second anyone on my screen(red or blue)hops off a mount I kill it.

IMO mounts should be for riding only & not offense unless you are a Tamer. If you want your pet to be able to dismount or inflict 1 point of damage then you should have to invest heavily in Taming skills.

L

Lord Drakelord

I would love to see the Brit Vet be able to res pets like the healer res players.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I know a few pvp tamers who dont have vet and rely onthers res-ing there pets...so no change there then!
Actually it is very different. I didn't think we needed to give PvP non-vet tamers a boost, but that's not the point. What's so bad about having a static NPC vet who charges for a resurrection? Walk round the corner from WBB, pay a few coins and you're sorted. If deeds were brought in, chances are they'd need you to go to that shop anyway, the difference being that an NPC res involves a minimal gold sink and still gives gentle encouragement for a player to interact with a tamer. I'm not sure how that can be so bad...

Wenchy

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better solution why not make it one of the un filled virtues once ya hit follower you get one pet res of mountable pet. seems like a good idea right??

B

BartofCats

I went to LUNA 6 PEOPLE
i went to BRIT 3 PEOPLE

NO ONE WAS ONLINE.

THE SERVER WAS DEAD

No, your missing the point!! Why the hell should there be an easy way to avoid 170+ skill points just so YOU can get a pet res?? If your on a dead server too bad. I'm sure that even you have a second account. Fire it up and put a freakin pet rezzer on it. OMG its the end of the world and we have to tie up dev time just to get a pet rezzer in game. Sheesh. No thank you!!
Move along to something else. This idea has been poo poo'd a few times.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How often is it you need those pets tamed? Once per character? Surely you can secure the services of a tamer for the ten minutes it takes them to collect these creatures.

I mean, if they're honestly bored enough to bank sit even when they aren't AFK, then I'm thinking they'd be more then happy to go out and make themselves useful.

but you can get youre weapon or armor fixed without a smith or tailor being online or "Without Team work" does that mean my archer should also have fletching so he can mend his bows?

so youre agument falls down again
It's takes a lot less time to kill a pet then it does to severely damage a bow.

Besides which, your archer needs the services of a fletcher to get the bow repaired, same as your miner needs the services of a vet to heal his bug. It doesn't matter in the slightest whether the archer/miner has the skills, just so long as SOMEONE does.

It's just that the fletcher doesn't need to be around to offer his services, which is fine because they're hardly ever needed. Tamers, on the other hand, depending on their level of combat experience, will potentially be resurrecting their pets several times per day.

Tamers currently need a vet on hand to be effective. What you're asking is to wipe out that requirement. You do realise that there are already enough complaints about how overpowered tamers are right now?

Why not just take better care of your beetle? Miners hardly need to go into high risk areas these days (keeping in mind that there are tons of Feluccan cliff faces within guard zones).

N

Nvnter

It would upset taming in general. I could take a cu or greater dragon to a number of spots and do very well at hunting. Tamers with a supply of res deeds are free to build much stronger templates. We have enough power already.

I supported the idea of an NPC if you read the second part of my post, I simply refuse to support deeds which would make it too easy for tamers to dump vet. And while paying a vet NPC would encourage players to interact with tamers, giving players the ability to hand out deeds at 10gp each, wouldn't. Yes, I know <5 people here give a stuff about community interactions, but I'm one of them, so there ya go.

Wenchy
This I agree with.

For those who say this would remove the need for Tamers to train Vet :lick:. Not everyone uses Magery to heal their pets and quite often leaving the hunt to rez a pet is not a solution for the Tamer plus you cant rez a pet with Magery. If a player has to go to a NPC to rez so be it.

Just because some of you live on the last of the populated Shards :lick: It wont be like that forever if this game continues to progress the way it is. EA can atleast make it a little easier for others who reside on their desserted realms.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I despise the idea of a "pet rez deed". This would totally devalue any palyer interaction needed to get your little buddy resurected.

I have never had a prblem finding someone at a bank that could rez my pet. I do not understand why the OP would stand at the Brit bank for an hour, and not have the sense to look elsewhere. Tamers will often be found either in Luna, Skara Brae, or Britian. I suggest you try these places for a rez. You will find what you are looking for sooner.

Stayin Alive,

BG

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or just have wandering pet rezzers, and if you get it rezzed by the pet rez make it take like 5 on each skill so tamers wouldn't really want to rez their pets by him, but non-tamerrs with like beetles, swampies, horses don't have to spend 7 damn hours to get peter rezzed.

L

Limlight

As if Dismount Archer Greater Dragon templates werent already abused enough...lol

The last thing we need are deeds for it.

But I would agree to the following two options:

1. Healers at Stables who res for a fee depending on the slot count of the pet: Example:
1 Slot animals = 250 gold
2 Slot animals = 1000 gold
3 Slot animals = 5000 gold
4 Slot animals = 10000 gold
5 Slot animals = 20000 gold

This would allow some pvpers to actually leave off vet...but it would cost them...and the people who wanted rezzes for simple things like horses wouldnt break the bank for rezzing...

2. a Healer in DOOM wherem costs are doubled...
1 Slot animals = 500 gold
2 Slot animals = 2000 gold
3 Slot animals = 10000 gold
4 Slot animals = 20000 gold
5 Slot animals = 40000 gold

We need more gold sinks in UO.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I despise the idea of a "pet rez deed". This would totally devalue any palyer interaction needed to get your little buddy resurected.

BG

Like I care if I don't have to beg a useless tamer to rez peter.

L

Lord Drakelord

This shop has been a part of Brit since Day one, on Both facets since UO-R, surely this poor guy could use the gold he charge to res your pet. What would you pay this NPC to vet your pet back to full health? 500gp? 1000gp? 5000gp? They could use the same glump that people see when player tamers res pets.

S

Shanna

As if Dismount Archer Greater Dragon templates werent already abused enough...lol

1. Healers at Stables who res for a fee depending on the slot count of the pet: Example:

This would allow some pvpers to actually leave off vet...but it would cost them...and the people who wanted rezzes for simple things like horses wouldnt break the bank for rezzing...

Good idea. I think it should cost more though. Think about it. A complete newbie could make 250 with no problems. Make it 1000 then proceed from there.

And pvpers need to think about their archery problem before they whine about tamers. (That was to get a rise out of the haters :lick: :) )

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think we should restrict this method of resurrection to non-fighting pets. If a tamer loses a fighting pet, they should have the skills or take responsibility for finding a res.

If we included pets that needed say 50 skill or less to control, in the NPC res list, that would cover beginner tamers who wanted to res their polar bear etc.

Wenchy

Edgar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL yes heaven forbid you put all the nice helpfull tamers out of work by making it easy for folks to get pet rezed !!!!
i like the idea of NPC's doing the job but no fee do you expect to pay the healer to get yourself rezed??

i know the tamers are real nice folk and all but when they are busy sitting at the bank showing off thier CU/Pink Hiyru/GD etc etc they just dont always have the time to go and get one plus OMG do you really expect them to move for the 5-7K you might pay for one !!!!
Yes, and lets get Greater Dragons off the NPCs too, and I want to pick my stats on them. I'd even be willing to pay 5 to 7k for them.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah i would be happy if you could just res youre swampy/pack horse/horse/blue beetle. My game time is limited to around 60-90 mins a day. Some times when i do get on the server is dead...

U

UltimaSword

Deeds are in general a bad idea for the reasons mentioned above. Now an NPC that rezzes pets for a fee is a good idea.

E

Evilminion

I'll quite cheerfully second the motion to have an NPC that rezzes pets; if we can OooOOOoo our own way back to town and be revived, why can't our packies? (Says the woman whose lumberjack has a death-prone beetle.)

However, I'm equally against the implementation of pet rez deeds. One poster mentioned above that the ability to remove vet from a tamer's template would make the class more powerful than it should be at combat. This is likely true, although I contend that my mage-tamer with swords of prosperity is already fairly stabby in combat, heh. My argument is more of a community and role-playing one: right now, I enjoy doing the rounds of major hotspots and rezzing people's pets. It's a nice change from walloping whatever monster needs particular walloping that day. Take away the need for tamers to pet-rez in combat areas, and the only thing I'll ever hear in dungeons will be "oh, great, another dragon". There are too many people out there who already consider tamers to be a nuisance class. Please leave me the one reason some of those players will still say "thanks!" instead.

As they ride off on their horses instead of walking through the ghosts...

L

Lord Drakelord

Yes, and lets get Greater Dragons off the NPCs too, and I want to pick my stats on them. I'd even be willing to pay 5 to 7k for them.
Only if we could sell pets to the stable master would I consider the idea of having such pets sold to others. But then you would kill the turn in at the Zoo. So I have to say ney. ;)

O

Ozymandies

I have often just left the ghost at Luna stable, gone off to do something, come back half an hour or so later and it is ressed. I didn't have to be there. Not sure of the mechanics.

Otherwise, I don't see the problem with having the NPC in Brit res horses, ostards, ridgebacks and swampys, etc. I also don't see the problem of it costing 1000 gp or so a pop.

OZ

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to agree with Wenchkin, the NPC vet should only be allowed to rez non fighting pets. Always been of the opinion that tamers should have Vet as skill to own big pets.

C

Crystilastamous

Any tamer that pvp's already has a 2nd account to res their pet. I know I do for my pvp tamer.

If you want to prevent rampant pet resses in the field, then make it a requirement that you must be at the stables to use the deed. Just like any other deed requires you to be in the corresponding shop.

E

Eslake

It has nothing to do with player interraction, it has to do with the lack of availability of the template of players you want to interract with. ;)

I do "rounds" on my tamer at least a couple of times a day, hitting Brit, Luna, Skara and New Haven to see if anyone needs a pet rezzed.
I often find people who have been looking for as much as an hour for a rez.

There is no rational reason to be stuck like that. Having an alternate pet doesn't really apply in many cases, because you cannot claim a blue beetle while you have a dead one following you around (that would be 6 slots).

-----
My suggestion-

Veterinarian NPC:
Should rez domestic range pets (those anyone can own w/o skill) for 1000g or maybe a little more.
IF he were allowed to rez combat oriented pets it should be in the 10s of thousands.

AND

Testimonials:
Tamers use Veterinary on a scroll to produce one, and the user can give it to the Veterinarian NPC for a discount on their next pet rezzed. The amount of discount based on the combined Vet/Lore skill of course.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any tamer that pvp's already has a 2nd account to res their pet. I know I do for my pvp tamer.
Why would i need a second account, my main chars a tamer and i use vet to rez my pets, pvp or not.

back to the OP: I play on oceania, theres arguably no less populated shard. We have no issues on pet rezzes in Luna. Perhaps if your a red you might have issues. But if your so offended by havting to rez your pet, just buy a new one. People have suggested paying up to 5k for a rez at a NPC, well if your at a NPC, why not just buy a new one???

But if we delve a little farther into the issue, i feel that pet bonding should be removed for any non tamers.

C

Connor_Graham

You don't have to have the skill to fix a bow. Anyone can fix a bow as long as they have the tool and don't let the bow fall below a certain amount of durability.

Btw....A FLETCHER makes arrows.

A BOWYER makes bows.

C

Connor_Graham

People have suggested paying up to 5k for a rez at a NPC, well if your at a NPC, why not just buy a new one???
NPC's don't sell Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragon's. Nor do they sell Fire Beetles, Blue Beetles, regular Swamp Dragons, or Lesser Hiryu's. Why should ANY player have to sit around stuck for an hour or more and unable to continue playing their character, completely at the mercy of a Tamer's whim? I've seen Tamers walk right on by a player spamming for a pet rez. It's good for you that you don't have a problem on Oceana, but that's only one small shard. I've seen people that have waited for an hour or more on Pacific, which is a highly populated shard.

But if we delve a little farther into the issue, i feel that pet bonding should be removed for any non tamers.
And I feel that since you feel this way you should have no say in the matter at all. :coco:

I don't think either of us will get what we want. :lick:

Y

Yalp

there are peeps that are confusing 2 different problems..

1) getting a pet rez (for non tamers) and the wait time created by the lack of tamers playing...

2) pvp tamers who are dropping vet in order to get an advantage over other pvp'rs.

they are different.

there is no reason a non-tamer should have to wait hours to get a pet rez.... whether it has happened to you personally or not is irrevelant... it is happening in this game...good customer service policy would make this kind of situation unacceptable. There are good options offered in this thread to solve the problem. I do hope EA/Mythic devs take notice. I am holding my breath..............*gasps deeply*... forgot....good customer service & EA/Mythic.. oxymoron.

As to the second problem.. we need another thread for that one! :)

G

galefan2004

Try going to Luna. Make a tamer (or two) as a friend. Lets not destroy the last vistage of the game where you actually need to rely on other players.

G

galefan2004

You honestly think you need vet on a pure pvp tamer? You honestly think you will ever need to res your greater dragon. Thats funny to begin with. GDs are hard to kill and a smart tamer is going to run away and log off the second you try if they don't have vet. The truth is that tamers don't actually need vet on their templates right now at all if they are only doing PvP. A great deal of the high end PvP tamers don't even have vet atm.

Its more like

Taming, Lore, Ninjitsu, Stealth, Hiding, Tactics, Archery

G

galefan2004

I went to LUNA 6 PEOPLE
i went to BRIT 3 PEOPLE

NO ONE WAS ONLINE.

THE SERVER WAS DEAD

If your server is that dead then SERVER TRANSFER. I wish EA would finally either cluster or combine the servers so that the populations could even out.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your server is that dead then SERVER TRANSFER. I wish EA would finally either cluster or combine the servers so that the populations could even out.
Why should i move? Why should i give up my castle and everything else i have worked for over the last 9 years?

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Put vet in your template.

2. Mine without a pet.

3. Mine with packhorses the way people used to do before there were bonded beetles.

4. Hang around and maybe even interact with players.

I do all my mining on foot on just leapfrog it around.