• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Pet Renaming Request

F

Fink

May we please be allowed to enter spaces, or use existing spaces, in pet names?

In the Classic Client you can type around existing spaces, eg: "a ruddy boura" can be renamed "a shaggy yak". In KR you were allowed to type in as many spaces as you want. In Enhanced Client as soon as you click on the follower name it reduces to the first word in the name, typically "a". You cannot edit it with the spaces intact, and you can't add any of your own. I feel we lose a little something by restricting Enhanced pet names to one word, plus it is an inferior option to Classic's naming feature. It would be nice if Enhanced actually was enhanced, not restricted.

Personally, I sell pets/mounts/clockworks as a regular gig. With Classic, I can rename a golem "selling golem", a lesser hiryu "selling lesser hiryu" etc, to make them their own walking advertisement (saves me spamming people). I can't rename tames as such in EC, so every time I acquire a new tame to sell I have to change to Classic to rename it.

With KR I was able to give a few pets of mine longer RP names, such as "Great Spirit of All Horses" or "Dragon of the Western Ocean". I'd like to be able to add as many spaces as desired. My nagging fear at the moment is if I click on my follower name it'll ruin the spaces and I'll be stuck with one-word names as there's no option to go into KR and correct it.