• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Planner Tool

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi Everyone!

We have just released a Pet Planner Tool on our website. Once you calculate a pet with the Pet Intensity Calculator, you can send it to the Pet Planner. Once imported to the planner, you will be able to add Stats, Attributes, Resists, Regens, Scrolls, & Abilities to see how powerful your pet has the potential to become.

The Planner not only keeps track of your remaining training points, but it also displays the pet's total intensity as you are planning it.

Accessing The Pet Planner
To access the Pet Planner, go to the Pet Intensity Calculator and enter in a New Tame pet. Once you have calculated its rating, you will see a link for "Go To Pet Planner". Click on this link to import your pet into the Pet Planner:

You can also follow this link to go to the Pet Planner page directly: Pet Planner | uo-cah.com

Features
The Pet Planner will help you figure out what spec to give your pet by allowing you to play around with training points without having to commit on live, or go to test center:

The planner will show you the individual caps, as well as the group intensity caps. If you enter a value that is overcapped, that item will be displayed in Red.

Example - Overcapped Stamina:

Example - Overcapped Attribute Intensity:

The planner will also keep track of pets that have naturally overcapped stats, and indicate those in Orange:

If a pet is naturally overcapped in the Attribute Group Intensity, it will also be indicated as such (this can happen with certain Legacy pets, like White Wyrms and Dragons):

Scrolls and Abilities
The Planner allows you to apply Powerscrolls of various intensity so you can see what scrolls are possible on your pet. You will also see your pet's current skill caps listed next to appropriate skill:

You can also apply Magical Abilities, Special Abilities, Special Moves, and Area of Effects to your pet:

The Magical Ability cost also correctly calculates based on the Innate skills of the pet (relevant for Master Magery, Necromage, and Necromancy).

Please Note: The Planner displays all trainable abilities in the game, it does not limit it to only those abilities trainable by your base pet. Make sure you research your pet and understand what magicals and abilities are possible for it to have. In the future, we may add logic checks here to only show the abilities that pet can support.

Watching for Errors
As indicated above, if you enter an invalid value you will see that item highlighted in Red text. A warning sign will also appear next to the Remaining Training Points to let you know there is an issue:

Issues & Contact
If you notice any issues with the Pet Planner or something isn't working right, please let me know. You may contact me here on Stratics, or by Discord at Khyro#5586. General questions or suggestions are also welcomed.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy this and find it useful!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hi Everyone!

We have just released a Pet Planner Tool on our website. Once you calculate a pet with the Pet Intensity Calculator, you can send it to the Pet Planner. Once imported to the planner, you will be able to add Stats, Attributes, Resists, Regens, Scrolls, & Abilities to see how powerful your pet has the potential to become.

The Planner not only keeps track of your remaining training points, but it also displays the pet's total intensity as you are planning it.

Accessing The Pet Planner
To access the Pet Planner, go to the Pet Intensity Calculator and enter in a New Tame pet. Once you have calculated its rating, you will see a link for "Go To Pet Planner". Click on this link to import your pet into the Pet Planner:

You can also follow this link to go to the Pet Planner page directly: Pet Planner | uo-cah.com

Features
The Pet Planner will help you figure out what spec to give your pet by allowing you to play around with training points without having to commit on live, or go to test center:

The planner will show you the individual caps, as well as the group intensity caps. If you enter a value that is overcapped, that item will be displayed in Red.

Example - Overcapped Stamina:

Example - Overcapped Attribute Intensity:

The planner will also keep track of pets that have naturally overcapped stats, and indicate those in Orange:

If a pet is naturally overcapped in the Attribute Group Intensity, it will also be indicated as such (this can happen with certain Legacy pets, like White Wyrms and Dragons):

Scrolls and Abilities
The Planner allows you to apply Powerscrolls of various intensity so you can see what scrolls are possible on your pet. You will also see your pet's current skill caps listed next to appropriate skill:

You can also apply Magical Abilities, Special Abilities, Special Moves, and Area of Effects to your pet:

The Magical Ability cost also correctly calculates based on the Innate skills of the pet (relevant for Master Magery, Necromage, and Necromancy).

Please Note: The Planner displays all trainable abilities in the game, it does not limit it to only those abilities trainable by your base pet. Make sure you research your pet and understand what magicals and abilities are possible for it to have. In the future, we may add logic checks here to only show the abilities that pet can support.

Watching for Errors
As indicated above, if you enter an invalid value you will see that item highlighted in Red text. A warning sign will also appear next to the Remaining Training Points to let you know there is an issue:

Issues & Contact
If you notice any issues with the Pet Planner or something isn't working right, please let me know. You may contact me here on Stratics, or by Discord at Khyro#5586. General questions or suggestions are also welcomed.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy this and find it useful!
Thank you Khyro, this is awesome work!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very glad to see this, as I've been unable to update the UOCraft PPC due to an excessively high workload at my job (with no end in sight). Well done!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Pet Planner has been updated to allow you to send a pet from the "Trained Pet Calculator" in addition to the New/Untrained Pet Calculator.

In order for the link to the Pet Planner to appear on the Trained Pet Calc, the pet you enter needs to either not be 5 slot, or you need to enter a value greater than 0 for the "Unspent Training Points":

This will allow you to see how a partially trained pet can finish out if you have not completed it yet.

The update also includes a small bugfix in regards to Special Moves that also require a Magical (i.e. Frenzied Whirlwind, Feint, etc.). The planner will no longer double-charge if you select one of these abilities and then select the corresponding magical ability.

Grummelbart

Visitor
Great work.
May I perhaps make a suggestion / wish?

An export function of the planner would be great. e.g. into OpenDocument format (ODF). Or if this is too time-consuming to save profiles. So that users can view or edit them later if they like.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Pet Planner has been updated to allow you to send a pet from the "Trained Pet Calculator" in addition to the New/Untrained Pet Calculator.

In order for the link to the Pet Planner to appear on the Trained Pet Calc, the pet you enter needs to either not be 5 slot, or you need to enter a value greater than 0 for the "Unspent Training Points":

This will allow you to see how a partially trained pet can finish out if you have not completed it yet.

The update also includes a small bugfix in regards to Special Moves that also require a Magical (i.e. Frenzied Whirlwind, Feint, etc.). The planner will no longer double-charge if you select one of these abilities and then select the corresponding magical ability.
Great job! This will help much to see quickly what partially trained pets are good to continue training..Lots of us have partially trained pets, that are sitting in the stables waiting for us to make time and check this. This will make it a lot less time consuming..

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Great work.
May I perhaps make a suggestion / wish?

An export function of the planner would be great. e.g. into OpenDocument format (ODF). Or if this is too time-consuming to save profiles. So that users can view or edit them later if they like.
This should be doable. Stay tuned and I'll update here when I have something working :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Several Updates to the Pet Planner:

1. Saved Planners

You now have the ability to save and recall pet planners. On the bottom of the Pet Planner page you will now see an option to "Save Planner":

This will save your pets Starting stats (the stats they entered the planner with) in addition to their Current stats that you have applied to them (whether fully spec'd or not, it doesn't matter). You will then be directed to a confirmation page that your planner was saved, along with a link to recall or share your planner:

Simply go to the URL listed to recall your planner. When you recall the planner, you can adjust any training points you have spent, or continue adding more points. Since the starting stats are also recorded, you will not be allowed to remove more stats than your pet started with so you don't have to worry about remembering what you added.

2. Irrelevant Skills

Skills that are not relevant to the current pet build will be blocked out on the Powerscrolls section in order to make it easier to see what you can apply (and to prevent you from adding a scroll you don't need):

Once you add a Magic, or a Move with passive Magic, the appropriate skills will unlock:

This also works with innate magical abilities (such as Magery). If you overwrite the innate magical with another, you won't be able to apply powerscrolls to the innate skill. This is currently possible to do in the actual game when training your pet, and I see a lot of pets with wasted points because of this.

3. Bug Fixes
In addition to the 2 new features above, several small bug fixes were pushed out as well. These were mainly display issues on the skills/scrolls, so if you used the planner previously your values will still be accurate.

Enjoy!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Update:

Pushed out a new update to the Pet Planner tool with some quality of life improvements:

Innate/Base Abilities
Innate abilities for pets will now auto-fill into the planner in a disabled cell. This is to help you see what abilities your pet has, and since these innate abilities cannot be removed it shows how they count towards the ability limit. Starting Magic Abilities will not be automatically brought in at this time, since they can always be replaced in training. (This will be included in a later update, after I figure out how I want to deal with pets that start with multiple magical abilities).
This also fixed an issue where if you added an innate ability to a pet in the planner (i.e. adding 'Dragon Breath' to a Nightmare), you would get charged incorrectly for it.

Total Ability Count Warning
Added a warning display once you select a total of 4 or more abilities. The warning indicates you can only have 3 abilities total, unless your pet started with no magical ability (and in that case, you must train magical last to have 4 abilities):

As always, I hope you find this useful. If you run into any issues, just send me a message.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Lots of updates, let's see if I remember everything!

First, we have rolled out our Trainable Animal Bestiary. You can find more information about the Bestiary here: Trainable Animal Bestiary

Magic Ability Logic
  • Innate Magical Abilities are now pre-loaded into the Planner:

• When you apply a Magic Ability, you will see the effect it will have on existing Magicals:

• You are able to apply multiple Magical Abilities for advanced training techniques (removing abilities, gaining access to poison abilities, etc.):

• If you click the Magic Ability Warning button, you will get an informative disclaimer on how Magic Abilities work and how they will overwrite each other, etc:

• The Planner will now only show those Magical Abilities that are available to that specific pet. This is based on the data available from our Pet Bestiary.
  • If you apply a Combat Magical ability (Battle Defense, Slashing, Bashing, Piercing, Wrestle Mastery), the appropriate Special Moves will be added and locked automatically
  • If you remove an Innate Combat Magical ability, the associated Special Moves will unlock and remove themselves (which is how it works in-game)
  • If you send an training-in-progress pet to the Planner that has a Special Move applied, you will not be able to add a Combat Magical ability to it.
  • You can "undo" Magical Abilities in the Planner by setting them to a "Blank" choice, this will correctly remove/add abilities back as appropriate.
Trainable Abilities
  • All pets will now only show the abilities and moves they are able to train (based on our Pet Bestiary).
  • This includes Poison-based abilities that may be locked behind adding Poisoning first
  • If you add a Poison-based ability, you will get a warning to make sure you know that your pet either needs to have a % of Poison Damage, or the Poisoning Magical to correctly apply it:

Saved Planners
  • You now have the option to name your Saved Planners. This is optional and you can leave this blank.

• If you load a Saved Planner that was named, you will see the name on the Pet Planner page:

• This should help you differentiate different planners you have without needing to track them yourself in another sheet

Those are the major changes to the Pet Planner. There was a lot of back-end optimization and a few bug fixes as well, but nothing worth noting.

If you have used the Planner recently, you may need to do a Cache Bypass reload (Hold Shift while pressing the Refresh button) to load the script updates.

As always, I welcome your feedback/suggestions and hope you find this useful!

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Fixed a rounding issue that had the potential to cause pets to have 1-4 extra points in the planning process.

Stamina, Intelligence, and Mana will now increment in steps of 2 at a time (the same as how it works in game), these values will also "Find" the nearest even number (rounding down) if they enter the planner as an odd value. This is also how it works in game.

For example:

If your pet has 89 Stamina, it will cost 1 point to raise it to 90.
If your pet has 88 Stamina, it will cost 1 point to raise it to 90.

Dexterity will now increment in steps of 10 at a time, and it will "find" the nearest 10 ( rounding down). Again, this is now identical to how it works in game.

Example:

If your pet has 91 Dex, it will cost 1 point to raise it to 100.
If your pet has 99 Dex, it will cost 1 point to raise it to 100.

In certain situations (depending on starting stats), this had the potential for certain pets in the planner to have up to 4 extra training points to allocate. With this rounding issue fixed, pets will now display their correct training points properly as you fill in their spec.

(Thanks @Khaelor for insisting this issue existed even though I wasn't seeing it in my initial tests. I was finally able to track it down.)

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiho,

I enjoy your web site very much, so i postet a link to your homepage on the german UOB Forum. May all the Drachenfels Tamers visit your Website!

Go ahead and keep on working on your site.

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Found an error in Cold Drake stats got one with 497 hitpoints and pet info says 495 is max.
cold drake.jpg

Turkish

Journeyman
Thanks for creating these tools. They are wonderful.

I think I've found some kind of bug that has been happening consistently on my plans. After I save my plan, then recall to it the Area of Effect sometimes clears the entry I had saved. Something to keep in mind when planning so you don't think you set aside a hundred points, or so!