• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Command Changes?

G

Do these make any difference? My pet still runs off to attack anything he wants and never comes back cleanly. I see nothing different except for increased frustration level at moonglow event. Does anyone see the changes in affect? Is it something I'm doing or not doing??? Confused and dying ;-)

G

If you have your pet kill something or it is guarding you it is in war mode like it always has been and will chase off to nether regons. The change is you must give a stay or stop command then a follow command for the pet to follow and not attack anything.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

Pet AI changes

Guard The pet should guard as it does currently.
Follow The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.
Come The pet should come. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (If the pet cannot pathfind to its owner, it will not become passive.)
Kill/Attack The pet will attack its target as it does currently.
Stop The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander.
Stay The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression, that "all follow me" should, as stated above, deactivate the war mode. I too, don't see that happening. At least not all the time. I even thought, that maybe the changes are not yet live on Drachenfels ...
And I don't thnik it's the pet not listening. We are talking about a mare a WW and a Hiryu, not the superdrags, whom I can't control reliably, yet.

G

Here is the original FoF notes from Jeremy:

Pet Ball Changes:

Pet summoning balls should unhide the summoner when attempting to summon her pet.
Pet summoning balls should have a couple second casting animation with the chance to disrupt like other spellcasting.
Pet summoning balls should have a reuse delay of 15 seconds.
Pet summoning balls cannot be used while in animal form.
Here is how the new AI should behave:

Commands:

Guard - The pet should guard as it does currently.

Follow - The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)

Come - The pet should walk to. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)

Kill/Attack - The pet will attack its target as it does currently.

Stop - The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander.

Stay - The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)

Note: The pet will revert out of passive mode if the pet's owner dies, if the pet is stabled, traded, player character transfers, player and pet log off, etc.

QA is currently reviewing these changes internally. Once the changes pass internal review, they should appear on a public Test Center for an upcoming publish.

Examples of new macro command combinations:

You can tell your pet to guard while it's following you. This will put it in autodefend mode for itself and its master.

To turn off guarding, tell your pet to stop or kill/attack.

So for passive follow, you could do 'pet name' stop, 'pet name' follow me, and it will ignore attacks on you or your pet.

For autodefend follow, you could do 'pet name' guard, 'pet name' follow me or 'pet name' follow me then 'pet name' guard. It doesn't matter what order you initiate the guard command. While your guarded, autodefend should work as normal. The pet will follow you in this case, but will fight whatever attacks you or itself.

Next week should be exciting - we can't wait to get this build up on Test. It's just so satisfying to clean up so many of these old issues, plus the event has been a long time coming!

Jeremy

G

My main macro has 2 lines, all stop, all follow me. When I use this my pet follows me as good as gold ignoring everything. I've run him through dungeons using it np. When I get to where I'm going I give the kill command and from then on he autodefends if he needs to.

Passive state is broken by: All kill, all guard me, the death of the owner.
Passive state is instigated by: all stop, all stay, the death of the pet.

I admit when I tested it on test centre I got confusing results from a straight forward 'all follow me', so I've not been relying on that.

'name come' also seemed to break the passive state.

G

Aside from the abovementioned boons to actual taming and hunting, I've been using passive mode in a lot of training.

Last night I brought a rune beetle, a cu sidhe, and a frenzied ostard to GM resist by taking them to Old Haven and letting 8 spellbinders cast on them. Basically have them attack the spellbinders then quickly use your all stop macro before they actually hit them. Took about 10-15 minutes each for the beetle and pup, and 20 minutes for the ostard as it had a lower starting skill.

Also, I'm finishing off my frenzieds in melee skills, 90-100, and found I can use my cu sidhe as a sparring partner if I keep it passive. It saves going out &amp; digging up a shadow elemental, plus I can train when and where I like.

G

Aside from the abovementioned boons to actual taming and hunting, I've been using passive mode in a lot of training.

Last night I brought a rune beetle, a cu sidhe, and a frenzied ostard to GM resist by taking them to Old Haven and letting 8 spellbinders cast on them. Basically have them attack the spellbinders then quickly use your all stop macro before they actually hit them. Took about 10-15 minutes each for the beetle and pup, and 20 minutes for the ostard as it had a lower starting skill.

Also, I'm finishing off my frenzieds in melee skills, 90-100, and found I can use my cu sidhe as a sparring partner if I keep it passive. It saves going out &amp; digging up a shadow elemental, plus I can train when and where I like.