• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Broker Problem

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have a pet broker on Chessy and I moved my tamer to Atlantic, I thought when I did this my pet stall would get deleted so I didn't worry about it. It had a bunch of rabbits in it. Now I went to check on something else in New Mag and saw that my pet stall was still there!! I double clicked on the broker and it is saying I owe 455 million and I cannot get rid of the spot. Now for one no one can get that spot, I cannot afford that kind of gold so I have no choice but to leave it as is. I will never be able to get another broker there on that account. There is no way to shut it down, so the price keeps climbing at 9 million a week. Any ideas on what I can do. Tried paging a GM but they sent me an email stating they do not handle those problems. Well who does then??

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
any person on that account should be able to access it.
sounds more like that you have 455M on it
and it is costing 9M a week

if you have more than one account
maybe you are checking with the wrong account?

I would email mesanna

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
No it is my account that owns it, but you cannot do anything to it as long as you owe money to it, so it will keep adding to that 455 million forever I guess

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
That's crazy! So it's not too far fetched to say this is may be part of Messana's plan to make everyone on UO owe her/uo money? Serious note interested in solution. I've thought of renting spot before but this scared me a little. Little being I haven't heard of it happening before. So hoping your bugged. Oh and get fixed!

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's crazy! So it's not too far fetched to say this is may be part of Messana's plan to make everyone on UO owe her/uo money? Serious note interested in solution. I've thought of renting spot before but this scared me a little. Little being I haven't heard of it happening before. So hoping your bugged. Oh and get fixed!
It's not a bug. It states very clearly in the information either on the sign or on the vendor (can't remember which but it's there) - if you let your vendor end up with a negative balance that you MUST pay all fees before continuing. This is to prevent using stalls for extra pet storage by placing extremely high prices on pets to keep them from being purchased.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a pet broker on Chessy and I moved my tamer to Atlantic, I thought when I did this my pet stall would get deleted so I didn't worry about it. It had a bunch of rabbits in it. Now I went to check on something else in New Mag and saw that my pet stall was still there!! I double clicked on the broker and it is saying I owe 455 million and I cannot get rid of the spot. Now for one no one can get that spot, I cannot afford that kind of gold so I have no choice but to leave it as is. I will never be able to get another broker there on that account. There is no way to shut it down, so the price keeps climbing at 9 million a week. Any ideas on what I can do. Tried paging a GM but they sent me an email stating they do not handle those problems. Well who does then??
Transferring or deleting a char does not matter with stalls. Any char on the account can access the inventory or gold info to take care of business, add or remove pets since some people have multiple tamers per account. Um "a bunch of rabbits"? So they have been on in the stall since last year's event? That explains the totals. Broker balance divided by weekly fee, yeah it appears they have been there for 51 and 1/2 weeks. I don't know how the powers that be will handle this situation. It's going to be difficult to claim didn't know it was happening since it's been that long!! Let's just hope the least bit of action taken is they take all the pets and let you move on.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
It's not a bug. It states very clearly in the information either on the sign or on the vendor (can't remember which but it's there) - if you let your vendor end up with a negative balance that you MUST pay all fees before continuing. This is to prevent using stalls for extra pet storage by placing extremely high prices on pets to keep them from being purchased.
Never tried/used vendor, but that sounds like an amazing accomplishment stashing rabbits for around a year for 445m. Wonder if they can become come rare pets now?! Haha

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never tried/used vendor, but that sounds like an amazing accomplishment stashing rabbits for around a year for 445m. Wonder if they can become come rare pets now?! Haha
Take a stroll around NM and look at some vendor inventory. Some pets have extremely high prices that will never be sold. There are probably a LOT of vendors in NM on every shard in the same situation...BUT those people will never page or email cause they know they were using the stall for storage. That was one of the things that wasn't thought out. Since the stalls are limited they could very well end up as all storage ..... stuck.....can't get the pets out and can't pay the gold. Don't be afraid to use the stalls. If you use them as intended putting a few pets at a time with prices to sell you'll be fine. It's when you start filling up a stall with pets for millions of dollars when the pet isn't worth that, is where you run into trouble. (Edit to add pic)
Here is an interesting one on Chessy. Took a run around there to see what was up. Wonder what the fees are on this vendor. LOL I think also some people do it just to hold stalls.
pets.JPG

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya the OP must have put some high prices on the bunnies.

Would be like items sitting on a normal vendor at 50M for a year. But they make vendors fall when they go negative.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya the OP must have put some high prices on the bunnies.

Would be like items sitting on a normal vendor at 50M for a year. But they make vendors fall when they go negative.
Exactly what I meant when I posted it wasn't thought out. That's what they should happen to stall vendors also. Vendor falls pets go to warehouse. If they aren't picked up.....oh well. It would clear out some of these stalls places that are held simply so others can't have a stall in a particular location or used as extra stable space.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have maintained a pet stall on Europa for as long as the bazaar has been active, only the pets I sell are for non-tamers, I have a regular turn around of ostards, beetles, swampies etc. checking the stock daily. The only time my pets have ended up in the warehouse was when someone bid a silly amount to kick me off my spot.

@Shadeweaver What matching bid do you have set on the stall? What would happen if, when the 'rent' was due, someone bid enough to kick you off it?

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Shadeweaver What matching bid do you have set on the stall? What would happen if, when the 'rent' was due, someone bid enough to kick you off it?
That would be the good thing to know. If the pets go to warehouse and no gold taken from anywhere then it's no harm no foul. Except for tying up a stall for year. I would imagine the bid matching on the stalls that are holding pets or trying to keep monopoly on a space have bid matching set very high. I wonder if the stall holder is able to go in and lower the bid matching in order to try to be rid of the stall in instances like this.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can alter the bid matching on my stall, but I'm not in 'debt' with it. Only the owner can see the bid match. I wait to see if my information is of any help.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I have an account that can go bid on it if the price is low. See if they can be outbid with a debt.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
you can rent if your prices are reasonable. Meaning your inventory will move. Putting rabbits 10-20M per will dry your balance fast.
If you need pet stable slots just buy them from UOstore.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was curious to see whether this had been resolved, so I logged into Chessie to have a look.
1683719006294.png

I think that's a 'yes'. Though whether my suggestion of changing the matched bid and bidding him off worked I can only hope. Does anyone actually know?

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesn't show any bids on the stall, so not sure. I do see they now own another stall closer to the bank. Must be another account. I don't see the bunnies on this one....but if they aren't careful they will end up in the same situation. One nightmare at 20 mil and a Naga at 15mil. LoL
It would be nice if people posted resolutions unless it was by means better left unsaid.