1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Attacking Non-Allied People In Yomatsu Mine - Direct Attack (not area damage effect)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kylie Kinslayer, May 18, 2017 at 8:09 PM.

1. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Was standing in Yomatsu Mines training the Cu a little bit on a Shadow Elle with a few other folks. Saw someone running from a White Cu bleeding and chuckled, heck who hasn't hit the wrong hot key occasionally and put our pet on ourselves? I look at the Cu closer and it is MY Cu... Then I see the message about how now "The Guards can be called on You".. and then see I am in Heat...

I do occasionally tell my pet to attack and pop the Shadow Elle's bar.. and I guess I could have possibly hit the other person's bar by mistake.. but errrrrr.. they are blue.. we are in a Tram ruleset.... so the Cu should not have attacked.. o_O

At either rate I ran outside just to rez them if needed but they lived through the attack.

Untitled.jpg

2. CovenantX

CovenantX Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Did you recently release any hostile pets? if so, that's what happened.

you won't get the "Guards can now be called on you" message while you're in a non-guarded area if you hadn't.

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Nah.. have not released any pets in almost 3 weeks. The guards never got called on me in the mines but it showed in journal a split second after my Cu attacked the blue.

4. sablestorm

sablestorm Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm assuming you are on a regular production shard, yes? They were a member of your guild or alliance, were they? I know you said they were blues, but could you accidentally have changed their guild/alliance hue color to blue? Are you in VvV? Are they in VvV? Is your cu in Pet Training or trained up already using the new system? Was your pet guarding you when this happened? Did the other person have a pet there attacking the shadow elemental and did you notice it casting area attacks?

#4 sablestorm, May 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM
    Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 11:22 AM
  5. Kylie Kinslayer

Nah they were not a member or alliance member. I saw the guild tag they were flying. I am in a very small guild (only 2 active folks and a 3rd one that comes on every once in a while) and the "alliance" is a ghost town too lol. I am not in VvV, unsure if they are but would imagine with the tag they most likely were. I associate Fel type activities with the tag that was flying.

Cu did use the new training system and had completed the training he was a complete 5 slot at the time. Another thought.. my Cu is a Chiv/AI Cu so he could have been casting Holy Light. I forget about that being an area effect in Chiv dohhhhh.. area effect could have hit blue.. blue ran and Cu followed.. *shrugs* I just knew I saw my Cu making the person bleed on their way out the cave lol

Their pet was also attacking the Shadow elle but do not recall what type of pet they had (possibly Cu as well but can not swear to it)... or if their pet was casting area attacks... great thought though. But.. if their pets area attack had hit my pet then I would not be the criminal one right? Which gets us back to possibly Holy Light issue?

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have seen my Cu casting Holy Light quite a bit while training.

7. Pawain

Pawain Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Cant make my Cu attack anybody. "cant perform negative acts" None of my area attacks cause any issues. Yours was guild related I'm sure.

8. Prime.

Prime. Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

My guildies Cu did the same thing when we were doing roof, we thought it might've been because chivalry and the cu using Holy Light, however we did it right after with her beetle who has Chivalry, and it didn't attack my dragon at all.

It would attack the boss, then randomly my dragon, she wasn't telling her cu to attack mine or anything, was really strange.

9. Kylie Kinslayer

If that's what helps ya sleep at night :D

Seriously... I am in a VERY VERY VERY small guild and alliance. Most of our Members have quit playing long ago. No way in heck was this guild/alliance related. 100% certain on that.

10. sablestorm

sablestorm Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was thinking along the lines of a coding oversight which is why I asked if your pet was guarding you at the time. Suppose they made it so pet area attacks don't damage other players but somehow it still triggers the guard effect. You were in an area attack radius and so off your cu goes to defend your honor and attack the player responsible. He hasn't flagged because he did no damage to you, but your pet is doing damage to him and so now you are flagged. Was your pet guarding you at the time? I actually don't even know if a guarding pet would target an opposing players pet who did the damage or go after the player in this type of situation but it was a thought.

11. CovenantX

CovenantX Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It could also be related to the pet going "blue" after a few minutes of fighting without being told to kill or guard, maybe Area attacks will cause your pet to flag nearby friendly targets if it hasn't been commanded in a while.

The "Guards can now be called on you" shouldn't have come up unless whoever your pet was hitting recalled into a guarded area and took damage overtime from bleed or poison etc.
    the only exception to the guard message other than that, is a bugged tile near where you had this happen, in which case guards would actually kill mobs/people there IF someone calls "guards".

sablestorm likes this.
  12. MalagAste

Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

My guess is it has to do with what happens when pets go "blue" .... They seem to be under a whole new set of rules then... when they should be green... at any rate I'm hoping this doesn't become a massive issue as we all know what will happen they will take AoE spells and such off pets... making them useless again...

I'd like to see my shadow wyrm be useful but at 5 slots and nearly no HP to speak of no way to fix his sorry resists I don't see that happening... but I'm going to try to train him up all the way and see if he does a good wither.

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  13. Prince Erik

Prince Erik Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

There's something going on with cu's. My cu has 113 discord and it casts discord masteries on itself all the time. It will stop fighting, the blue Z Z Z Z's appear over its head for a second or two and then starts walking back to me. I'm not sure it's related to your problem but something is goofy with him.

14. Kylie Kinslayer

Definitely a good thought.. honest answer is.. I am unsure. I was hunting a little while before the trip to the mines. It is definitely possible he was still guarding me. Will watch for that if (or when) it happens again.

Will pace off the front area of the mine and see if I can run across a bugged tile or something there. The Cu does go blue a good bit as well... and does walk back to me a LOT (especially in the mine) but do not know if that is due to another persons pet training peacing there or not. Is there a specific noise that is made for when pets are using peacing??? I have not noticed if there is or not... my guess is it would be a standard X animal type noise..

15. Pawain

Pawain Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If that's what helps ya sleep at night :grin:

Pets have discord not peacing. When players use it you cant tell which bard skill is being used. I think pets lose target when another pet aggros them or the target invises. Ive seen some pets types lose target more often. Drakes have to be told to attack pretty often even when on a single target.

16. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Had some similiar experiences. Some of my pets attacked allianced and also non allied characters in tram rule set.
    One time I was standing at Luna stables and was modifying a lesser Hiryu. Suddenly it was chasing an alliance member.
    Another time a different lesser Hiryu was fighting a Crazed Mage. It had the Bushido skill and suddenly hit an alliance member. I read somewhere that Momentum Strike could cause this. So it might be the case.
    The weirds thing happened as again one of my lesser Hiryus fought a Crazed Mage. It was not bonded and I teleported away to help someone shortly. As I came back the Hiryu was chasing a blue player not in alliance. Also got the message that guards can be called upon me. My character is not in VvV, no idea about the other player.

17. MalagAste

Momentum Strike typically never causes you to flag however I've never used it in PvP sort of way only against a released Cu... the Cu never gets PO'd and attacks me... so not sure.