• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Personalized Character Customization

Udolph

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure if this has been in a thread or post recently, but i've recently invested some time in this game and I would like to know if there will be any future plans that enable the player to have access to more player customization such as different races, different clothing, different skin tones (Or patterns), and possibly even different ligament sizing (Height, Weight, etc)

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Yes to all of those things, with the possible exception of height/weight customization options -- not sure about that one yet. (We actually have had more customization options in previous versions of the character art, we just have to re-create all of that for the new models, and then add more beyond what we had.)

The other races that will be in-game will be unlockable through gameplay, and they'll be harder to play -- those races have significant down sides, as well as some unique opportunities. So the existing three races will always be the ones that newbies start with.

Udolph

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes to all of those things, with the possible exception of height/weight customization options -- not sure about that one yet. (We actually have had more customization options in previous versions of the character art, we just have to re-create all of that for the new models, and then add more beyond what we had.)

The other races that will be in-game will be unlockable through gameplay, and they'll be harder to play -- those races have significant down sides, as well as some unique opportunities. So the existing three races will always be the ones that newbies start with.
I'm very eager to see what will come of this, but I also had a question that may come to you as a suggestion;
Would players be able to contribute their own player models into the game? (Or are modifications similar to these already applied in the modding community, or in the game?)

- Or will these modifications unbalance the game? (unless of course they're just remodeled textures and etc of a certain class/race..)

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I haven't really given that much thought -- I mean if people wanted to donate artwork I wouldn't be against it, though we'd need some sort of process for that! We do have the game set up to allow us to stream avatar models and textures so that custom content is at least theoretically possible.