• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) People Testing Trade Quests On TC1

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To any of those testing on TC1 would you be able to answer a couple of questions i have regarding them and working on Siege?

1. Do the items required to fill them have to be bought from a vendor even if they can be player crafted? For example if it requires 5 pairs of scissors can they be tinker crafted or do they have to be bought from the vendor?

2. If they have to be bought from a vendor can the item required be a resource? For example logs, cloth or ingots?

My concern is if it can require a resource AND has to be purchased from a town vendor then those quests wont be completable on Siege since you can't buy resources from vendors here.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
1. Not sure but will test it

2. This from the post about the public should answer it. "Items required to fill the trade order are generated from the real time inventories of shop keepers in the region." I read it, as if the vendors do not sell the item, they won't be required for the quest.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Not sure but will test it

2. This from the post about the public should answer it. "Items required to fill the trade order are generated from the real time inventories of shop keepers in the region." I read it, as if the vendors do not sell the item, they won't be required for the quest.
Ah ok thanks for the reply, the answer to the first question doesn't matter so much if it can only create a trade for something a vendor has available for sale.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to hijack this thread but last we spoke there was a discussion of buying/trading some of your items on siege while using cybernickle as a broker. I would like to see if we can come to terms on a deal. I cant send you a pm here because you have your profile page set as so. please PM me or icq(43711018) at your earliest convience. thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently i am playing and on Siege so not intending to trade anything off at this time, if that changes i will let you know.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The items may be crafted or bought. I have done about 5 of the trade quests. If you take them to a fence they have to be taken to either Ocllo, Njelum, or Serpents Hold. Its best to have a large (tokono/gargoyle) boat as the waters are full of krakins, deep sea serpents and or water eles. I didn't fight any of these but found out in chat they are harder than the others. You can easily out sail them. From the fence I have received 1.0 sots so far. From the ones you take to the cities I have received ingots (colored) and then so much gold goes into that cities treasury.

When sailing to the islands I took a gate to Magincia then put the boat in the water but not at the docks as brigands are there. Sail to the nearest point of land on the next Island and run to the tavern to find the fence. If he is there he will leave as soon as you turn in your stuff to him. So if someone gets to that town before you he will be gone.

So that's it in a nutshell.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This will have nice potential for RPing on Siege. Getting together for a Trade Quest event with a small group of friends etc. Naked Trade Deal Tuesdays..etc...but I"m just afraid the Siege/Mugen coding will be so bad, it will be unenjoyable by all here. We shall see.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't see why it should be a problem on Siege. Sure we may see more Pirates and Brigands around the land and I don't speak about the NPC ones :p

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you use the moongate in the star room while doing a quest?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can't use moongates at all or other magic way to travel. I have no idea if you can use house teleporters, as I do not have any on TC, so hard to test.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can use the champ spawn teleporters and can use del passage you could get to serps hold without sailing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can't use Moonglows teleporters so I doubt you can use any teleporters

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hope there are destinations that doesn´t require sailing. Not very fond of it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You can be lucky to get one without sailing unless you like me are loyal to New Mag and want the gold to go to there. Yet I don't think you lose reputation for cancel a quest you don't like.

I would not do the quests on Siege, without one of the new boats and a rowboat in my backpack.
I also believe we will see brigands guarding bridges and the roads. A town as Trinsic may be more safe to access from a boat than trough the gate.

I truly believe this will be great for Siege.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This will have nice potential for RPing on Siege. Getting together for a Trade Quest event with a small group of friends etc. Naked Trade Deal Tuesdays..etc...but I"m just afraid the Siege/Mugen coding will be so bad, it will be unenjoyable by all here. We shall see.
Well, we can enjoy the Naked part anyway . . .

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As T-Quest runners can't do magic traveling, I see lots of opportunity for evil RP'er hanging out at bridges, roads, the pass from Brit to Yew /Skara side of the mountains.
I think it will bring a little Perilous back to Siege