• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

People advertising simolean rates all over EAL...is this against TOS?

• Thread starter imported_Founder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

PB Three

LOL!

EDIT: Psst, check your in-game IM. ty

EDIT 2: I've been told that you can be funny.

PB Three

I

imported_CherryBomb

OK, Parizad, it is my turn to point out the obvious:

Y'all seem to have an enormous blind spot in the direction of economics. As long as there was no real economy anyway, this didn't matter so much: if you plan on designing a functioning economy, for gawds sake go out and hire someone who knows what they're doing. This is no knock on your general intelligence, just pointing out that maybe nobody on your team has that particular expertise.

CherryBomb

M

mysticlisa516

I agree with you Cherry. I think the team has (so they say) a lot to do with stopping the botters. Get someone in there that knows economics, even if its just a consultant, and get a perspective on how the simoleans situation would work best for players and EA. There HAS to be somewhat of a compromise that can be reached.

Right now everything is for the benefit of EA (yes, I do know they are looking at profit line first), but EA MUST put the feelings of the players into the equation also.

JMO

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Suzanne, just because the ToS doesen't say "no" to alt sims boosting visitor time, doesen't mean that it's ok. (Yes, I know you don't hold #1, but you did for a looong time in TC3.)

Virtually no-one respects people who boost visitor time with those alt sims. I am one of them.

I do have a 2nd account, but all of those sims are roommies at my store. Even if they weren't, I would'nt use them to boost my visitor time.

Please, do the community a favor and re-think your use of alt sims. Thank you.

P.S. Didn't you notice me and a few others seeking you one-time at your store in TC3? I remember "GuysLady" or whatever the name expressing her support.

PB Three

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly now the #1 spot to me is useless. You get no bonus so who cares who has the #1 spot and how they got it. I don't use the #1 spot of any kind of judgement on whether I want to go there or not. IMO this is a pointless argument.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

Pari,
I don't think that it IS obvious that EA will provide the only secure sales of simoleans. As long as EA promotes this line then it will backfire, like the anti-drug campaigns that were over-the-top. People find out the truth and then they laugh, toss out and disregard even the honest bits.

Yes, there are scammers. However, the majority of power sellers maintained top sales reputations. That is what made (makes) them a force to be reckoned with.

Personally, I'd like to see all simolean sales stopped. Yeah, I know that ain't gonna happen. But, if EA is gonna succeed at winning the biggest share of the simolean sales market, they need to compete, and not rely on painting the competition with a broad (and inaccurate) brush.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

What brush you want them to paint with...the safe one or the convenient one?

(EA is gonna get rich off the 'gotta have it right now regardless' generation. If people are gonna pay extra money to buy simoleans, they'll pay a bit more to get it right there in the game without having to log out and go somewhere else and then taking a 'chance' they may get scammed. People can and will buy from EA just because it's there and available. Will they pay more for it? Sure...do I care these folks are paying more? Nope!)

Hey Pari....I would LOVE to hear that TSO is starting to make some money for EA again and becoming viable once more.