• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

People advertising simolean rates all over EAL...is this against TOS?

• Thread starter imported_Founder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Founder

I keep on seeing people talk about how they can offer simolean rates that are better than EA rate...they talking about this in an open chat of full property. Also several properties say "Ask us about great simolean rates." And yestarday, I sumbled upon this custom sign at one of the popular properties:

Is any of this allowed? Im assuming people cannot advertise/spam their website to anyone, but are they allowed to talk about it in their PMs?? If all this is allowed, then Im definitely gonna get on the action!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Actually, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think that it is against the rules.

I know it used to be, however I think their was a change in the ToS but I'm not 100% sure.

O

ozzynowgone

whats the matter founder is the one person you refer to doing something else that chaps your hide

here again someone else does something supplies a service and you have a issue with it

again ill say use the service or dont use it

you make the choice but stop your whining cause some ppl have some ideas and abilities that you dont have

L

legscroft

<blockquote><hr>

whats the matter founder is the one person you refer to doing something else that chaps your hide

here again someone else does something supplies a service and you have a issue with it

you make the choice but stop your whining cause some ppl have some ideas and abilities that you dont have

[/ QUOTE ]

Weren't they just asking whether or not it's allowed?

G

Actually yes advertising the sale of game items in the game most definitely is against the rules, but the actual actions of selling items is perfectly fine, just no advertising.

web page

<blockquote><hr>

QUESTION
Is it illegal to sell my TSO items for real money?
Answer
It is not a Terms of Service violation to sell TSO items via eBay or through any other 3rd party vendors. However, it is considered a Terms of Service violation for players to advertise ANY items in the game or on the message boards in exchange for real world goods. Players must keep in mind that EA/Maxis does not support these transactions and if the transaction should fail to complete, EA/Maxis will not assist in recovering lost items or money. Account transfers are only supported through the EA account transfer program. To securely transfer your account, please email [email protected]. Transferring your TSO account without using the account transfer program is considered a Terms of Service violation and subject to permanent account closure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen kid, Im not against it. All I was asking if its against the rules or not. If its not against the rules, I will provide this "service" myself. Stay in school and tell your mom I said Hi.

S

SIMS9925

well all i can say is when i get to EA-LAND ill just report them as i see them and will see what happens. I dont think ea will be to happy with the players of its game trying to take their profits

G

<blockquote><hr>

well all i can say is when i get to EA-LAND ill just report them as i see them and will see what happens. I dont think ea will be to happy with the players of its game trying to take their profits

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt its against the TOS, it hasn't been for years.

G

It has always been against the game Terms of Service to use an EA site to advertise anything for real world sale. It would be like putting your yard sale sign up inside Macy's.

Things are changing a lot, but I suspect this will stay the same. One way to find out, it to report people and see what happens...or ask in the Pub/Town Hall.

G

my personal opinion is that if sims have simonleans enough to undercut ea's rates i can only assume they obtained them by using bots. Otherwise why not just hang on to them until the buy back program is going. I mean seriously i doubt if they are just trying to help out their fellow sim.

I

Isimsalotta

I was at wrk last nite and someone had brought two extra sims with to same job location and parked them. While the rest of us ran our sims off and collected one salary this sim collected 3 times the amount we did. I guess we know now why pay has been cut at job tracks as well.

**the person continued to tell us they were selling money that is why they were there with extra sims.

G

If you remember who it was, I'd report them. I was under the impression that only 3 waitsims could be inside the restaurant during a shift. Did they park them outside by the mailbox or something? I've had people come in and blow me kisses and stuff when i was working alone, but they couldn't get in the door during shift.

You might want to make this a separate post since it's OT from the selling simoleans issue, because if it's possible for people to do this, it's crap.

O

ozzynowgone

im no where near a kid and if you are able to provide the service yourself why dont you do so and tell your wife and my kids hi

G

<blockquote><hr>

my personal opinion is that if sims have simonleans enough to undercut ea's rates i can only assume they obtained them by using bots. Otherwise why not just hang on to them until the buy back program is going. I mean seriously i doubt if they are just trying to help out their fellow sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bots have absolutely nothing to do with undercutting EA's prices.

First off *think* about it.

Players wanting to sell sims cash are forced to undersell EA because what other reason would a player wanting cash bother to leave the game now? They need some sort of incentive to leave the game to get the cash hence these sellers are forced to be lower then EA to get players to leave the game to buy from them instead.

Besides everyone is crying about EA's high prices on cash let's go back when the sellers 1st started selling by the million, prices were about $75 per million. At EA's prices of $1 per 989 simos that comes to $101 per million. So in essense those undercutting EA's current pricing are still making more per simolean then they ever did when they first started selling simoleans some 5 years ago. And that was when the game had tens of thousands of players and many buying the game cash. So I'm sure that they are quite content to undercut EA slightly and make more then they ever used to selling the sim cash.

Bots have nothing at all to do with undercutting EA and honestly up until they cut the cbu's payouts recently, making 7-10k per hour was quite easy to do in an hours time if all 3 sims were your own, NO bots needed.

Many stores in TSO/EALand sell simoleans as well as i'm sure the fruit stores do and again being forced to undercut just to get sims to buy from them.

M

mysticlisa516

I was also at the factory with this sim. And I clearly remember her saying that she would take extra machine (which she did), or she would make the sims leave if anyone minded. Everyone said it was ok, because the factory was full and her 1 sim that wasn't afk took 3 machines and was willing to take 4.

I said I didn't mind, and so did everyone else. If you had a problem with it, why weren't you honest with her. No reason to be upset if she was up front, took her fair share of the work, and you didn't open your big mouth.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was at wrk last nite and someone had brought two extra sims with to same job location and parked them. While the rest of us ran our sims off and collected one salary this sim collected 3 times the amount we did. I guess we know now why pay has been cut at job tracks as well.

**the person continued to tell us they were selling money that is why they were there with extra sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put deadbeat work sims on ignore, and they will not be able to work on the same lot with you. If everyone does it, they will have to go to a job alone....and either work or get nothing. There is no reason to line some bozo's pockets with your hard work.

Alternately.....if you are in the Robot factory.......gain 'Lure' interaction and lure them onto the tracks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have enough now to cash out some, and it has nothing to do with botting.

Just how much do you think EA's buy back rate is going to be? Surely you don't think it will equal what they sell simoleans for.

As with other online worlds that sell their in-game money, people will often choose to buy at lower rates from other players, rather than from the company. I'm not sure EA realized this would happen, but I knew it would from the start.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have enough now to cash out some, and it has nothing to do with botting.

Just how much do you think EA's buy back rate is going to be? Surely you don't think it will equal what they sell simoleans for.

As with other online worlds that sell their in-game money, people will often choose to buy at lower rates from other players, rather than from the company. I'm not sure EA realized this would happen, but I knew it would from the start.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they knew it would happen. Third party sales carry more risk than dealing directly with EA. EA offers a secure transaction.

I

imported_Qute Pi

More people ok with further ruining of the game...if you can't beat them join them...I'm disappointed...

I knew this was going to happen...

GOOD LUCK DEV TEAM ON THIS PROBLEM!

G

With the prices EA has now set for simoleans, being higher then they were some 5 years ago, everybody is going to want to sell theirs or sell to other players, blame EA for this they started it.

G

This isn't something new. People have been buying simoleans for years. EA devs ruined what was TSO. This has nothing to do with it.

I just wish they would be honest and upfront about the reasoning behind lowering all the pay outs. Bots, although I'm sure there are some out there, aren't the real problem. People being able to sell back simoleans to EA is. So maybe they should not buy back at all. I think they need to rethink this whole thing. There will always be many who choose to buy simoleans rather than actually spend the time to earn them. But... there are also many of us who want to work for what we get, we want to earn them, not buy them, that type of player are the ones this is hurting the most.

As Gracie said, EA offers a secure way to buy them, and that is something that most will opt to do rather than take a chance on someone they don't know. So EA will still have the majority of simoleans sales no matter how many others are selling them at lower rates.

For an example, IMVU sells in-world money, so do the many who create and sell custom content, but IMVU does not buy back from the custom content creators. IMVU also continues to create cool stuff to sell, they don't just leave it to the "players" to add everything new.

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol I know it's not new...
I was disappointed in my friend founder being so easily willing to help ruin the game...(ruin in my opinion)

I do agree with you on the cash out. Even tho it will make a few major CC makers pissed, I say throw out the idea and move on without it.

We don't need to make money from a game, we are playing a game to have fun and get away from rl. I am not saying I wouldn't love to make money from the game, I'm saying I'd rather have a FUN game than rl money.

I

imported_CherryBomb

I think this should make it clear why EA cannot set it's buy-back rate too much different from its sell rate, as some have suggested. Any gap would be filled by arbitragers.

CherryBomb

E

ephemeral

It seems to me that if people have already gotten bots working and making money with the intention of trading in Simoleons, the whole premise of the developers converting the TSO economy is out the window. Effectively, doesn't this put us right back to where we were--just at a different level? Perhaps I'm an ignoramus, but I fail to see how the "new" economy has eliminated the problems that arose with the old one...AND, if this is the case why bother with taking away everyone's money (which is especially galling to those of us who made our money legitimately).

D

DGLita

I think you will find it is mainly stores that are selling simoleans and it has NOTHING to do with bots, and EVERYTHING to do with bullet train stock.

Stores suddenly have a surplus of simoleans because the are throwing out stock that they havnt had to pay for, yet are raking in a good deal of money from them.

It was an absolutely crackpot idea from the devs to allow free bullet train stock in and a 5 year old could have pointed out the consequences im sure.

Also , while im on the subject, has anyone noticed that EA have now thrown a commision in on sales of simoleons?. You used to get $4700 or $4800 for your $5 but now its $4451 for $5

No wonder simolean sellers are appearing all over the place, an excess of income and EA shooting themselves in the foot, and not just once but over and over. There has to be some serious explaining to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think you will find it is mainly stores that are selling simoleans and it has NOTHING to do with bots, and EVERYTHING to do with bullet train stock.

Stores suddenly have a surplus of simoleans because the are throwing out stock that they havnt had to pay for, yet are raking in a good deal of money from them.

It was an absolutely crackpot idea from the devs to allow free bullet train stock in and a 5 year old could have pointed out the consequences im sure.

Also , while im on the subject, has anyone noticed that EA have now thrown a commision in on sales of simoleons?. You used to get $4700 or $4800 for your $5 but now its $4451 for $5

No wonder simolean sellers are appearing all over the place, an excess of income and EA shooting themselves in the foot, and not just once but over and over. There has to be some serious explaining to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't bought so i don't know. According to the rate it should be 989 simos per each $1 so $5 should buy you 4945 simos. So they have now decreased this amount and are giving less for $5?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Alternately.....if you are in the Robot factory.......gain 'Lure' interaction and lure them onto the tracks.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Gilly that is too funny. I guess I won't have to worry about these sims coming to me for revival...LMAO

D

DGLita

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't bought so i don't know. According to the rate it should be 989 simos per each $1 so $5 should buy you 4945 simos. So they have now decreased this amount and are giving less for $5?

[/ QUOTE ]

As you say, the rate from EA is in fact 989 per $1, and still is. But now they have added a comission on top of this, so when you buy your $5 from EA they are deducting something like 495 - equiv to 50 cents, on your transaction of $5. Thats a 10% commision charge, way above what you would expect to pay in any other real life money exchange.

How they can sell their own currency AND stick a commision on top is beyond me. This is a serious rip off

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Players wanting to sell sims cash are forced to undersell EA because what other reason would a player wanting cash bother to leave the game now? They need some sort of incentive to leave the game to get the cash hence these sellers are forced to be lower then EA to get players to leave the game to buy from them instead.

Besides everyone is crying about EA's high prices on cash let's go back when the sellers 1st started selling by the million, prices were about $75 per million. At EA's prices of $1 per 989 simos that comes to $101 per million. So in essense those undercutting EA's current pricing are still making more per simolean then they ever did when they first started selling simoleans some 5 years ago. And that was when the game had tens of thousands of players and many buying the game cash. So I'm sure that they are quite content to undercut EA slightly and make more then they ever used to selling the sim cash.

Bots have nothing at all to do with undercutting EA and honestly up until they cut the cbu's payouts recently, making 7-10k per hour was quite easy to do in an hours time if all 3 sims were your own, NO bots needed.

Many stores in TSO/EALand sell simoleans as well as i'm sure the fruit stores do and again being forced to undercut just to get sims to buy from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry fester, just correcting some of your maths, I hope you don't mind

EAs selling price at $1 US per 989 simoleans would add up to $1011 per million simoleans, not $101/

N

nobuttkisser

<font color="red"> I keep on seeing people talk about how they can offer simolean rates that are better than EA rate...they talking about this in an open chat of full property. Also several properties say "Ask us about great simolean rates." And yestarday, I sumbled upon this custom sign at one of the popular properties:

</font>

<font color="green"> I thought all simoleans was supposed to have been "wiped" BEFORE EA LAND is up and running</font>

I also thought, that all anniversaries "gifts" were to be given back to all founders or original game players from their anniversary date of gameplay according to the actual account.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EAs selling price at $1 US per 989 simoleans would add up to $1011 per million simoleans, not $101/

[/ QUOTE ]

You are forgetting the fees involved now so it's closer to $1100 per million. Tell me now they didn't lower the payouts to get more people to buy from them?

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red"> I keep on seeing people talk about how they can offer simolean rates that are better than EA rate...they talking about this in an open chat of full property. Also several properties say "Ask us about great simolean rates." And yestarday, I sumbled upon this custom sign at one of the popular properties:

</font>

<font color="green"> I thought all simoleans was supposed to have been "wiped" BEFORE EA LAND is up and running</font>

I also thought, that all anniversaries "gifts" were to be given back to all founders or original game players from their anniversary date of gameplay according to the actual account.

[/ QUOTE ]

The merge hasn't happened yet but people have moved over with no money.

I think we are all still in the dark whether we will get anniversary gifts or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You are forgetting the fees involved now so it's closer to $1100 per million. Tell me now they didn't lower the payouts to get more people to buy from them?

[/ QUOTE ]

On that subject, because I have only just heard about these fees, Who gets the fees, EA or the ATM owner?

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

On that subject, because I have only just heard about these fees, Who gets the fees, EA or the ATM owner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not us ATM owners.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not us ATM owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, so they accually went to all the work involved to accually add a fee feature in there, gets me why they didn't just lower the price.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure they knew it would happen. Third party sales carry more risk than dealing directly with EA. EA offers a secure transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure EA would like it that you are promoting the myth (and I think it is just that) that simolean transactions have been plaged by problems in the past. "More risk" I think would actually translate to a very small number. The many long-time simolean sellers on Ebay would not have had outstanding sales ratings had they not been providing outstanding and reliable sales.

It was always a case of buyer beware. Buying from someone you don't know in game -- yeah, bad and risky. However, it was to the "power" simolean sellers' benefit to conduct "honest" transactions. Ebay had many sellers with top ratings from buyers.

I am not surprised there are sellers looking for customers in game. I understand that EA wants to promote the fact that their sales are without risk. It sure seems that their sales, so far, come with many more complaints.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure EA would like it that you are promoting the myth (and I think it is just that) that simolean transactions have been plaged by problems in the past. "More risk" I think would actually translate to a very small number. The many long-time simolean sellers on Ebay would not have had outstanding sales ratings had they not been providing outstanding and reliable sales.

It was always a case of buyer beware. Buying from someone you don't know in game -- yeah, bad and risky. However, it was to the "power" simolean sellers' benefit to conduct "honest" transactions. Ebay had many sellers with top ratings from buyers.

I am not surprised there are sellers looking for customers in game. I understand that EA wants to promote the fact that their sales are without risk. It sure seems that their sales, so far, come with many more complaints.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a hell of a lot of things in this game right now that are a risk, or more a gamble. You could buy 10,000 simoleans today, be it from EA or anyone else, tomorrow they might be worth only 1,000. You could stock your store with some expensive items that cost you hundreds of thousands of simoleans, only to find the price has gone down dramatically the next day and they are now only worth half what you paid for them. Things need to balanced out in this game. Alterations to payouts and costs cannot be so dramatic.

G

NOIP
I guess I can see charging a "transaction" fee to buy back - but to sell them to you and charge a fee for doing so....???

It makes no sense - "We want you to buy our stuff, but on top of the purchase price we are going to demand a fee for allowing you to do so."

It's like the grocer saying "I'll have to charge you a fee for selling you these groceries".

I mean - can we do the same and charge *them* when we sell to them?? Sounds fair.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa ya know when i did that i thought to myself only $101? it seemed lower then what i had expected because lets face it $1 per 1k is very high to pay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a hell of a lot of things in this game right now that are a risk, or more a gamble. You could buy 10,000 simoleans today, be it from EA or anyone else, tomorrow they might be worth only 1,000. You could stock your store with some expensive items that cost you hundreds of thousands of simoleans, only to find the price has gone down dramatically the next day and they are now only worth half what you paid for them. Things need to balanced out in this game. Alterations to payouts and costs cannot be so dramatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or it could go the other way too, look at mystic trees. When they 1st came out players sold em for a mil to about 3 mil each. They actually got up to the 30 mil - 40 mil area before the exploit came out and sent the prices into the hundreds of milions to billions.

I know 1 person who bought everything they possibly could when trees 1st came out and has a ton of them now.

As for the fees for atms thats EA they have stated that they do not yet know what the fee will be to sell bck simoleans.

Right now costs r going down from high priced production city ovbjects merging into lower priced EALand ojects only because the cash is less there and no standard picig has actually been set yet. I would expect over time prices only rise yet again as players gain more money them selves.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
I guess I can see charging a "transaction" fee to buy back - but to sell them to you and charge a fee for doing so....???

It makes no sense - "We want you to buy our stuff, but on top of the purchase price we are going to demand a fee for allowing you to do so."

It's like the grocer saying "I'll have to charge you a fee for selling you these groceries".

I mean - can we do the same and charge *them* when we sell to them?? Sounds fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

If EA acts like Scrooge when buying simoleans back, then it sure makes more sense for players to sell them to one another. I mean, if EA is going to buy my simoleans back for less than I paid, AND charge a fee, then I'd be better off selling my simoleans to someone at EA rates -- without the 10% fee. Right?

G

Okay, I'm going to point out the obvious.

You can either buy simoelans from someone else and risk getting scammed, or get it directly from EA. Of course, if you do get scammed while trying to buy it from elsewhere, we will not be able to help you becuase you were trying to catch a movie by sneaking inside the Exit doors, you know?

It will go in the same category as "OMG OMG OMG, this guy said he'd put 50 million simoleans into my acct, so I gave him my acct name and password, but he stole all my stuff and deleted my sim!"

I

Inge Jones

Hmm, it seems to me that if there is going to be a commission on buying simoleans, then there does not have to be a difference between the buy and sell exchange rates as well.

G

Prinesss:
you are completely wrong in your opinion that people selling simoileans MUST have used bots to get the simoleans. I've run my stores for months, for hours and hours a day to make simoleans, sometimes taking losses becuz of the game developers changing prices on us stores without warning! and also played pizza and code just to make simoleans. I do not use bots, I sit and play my sims myself! And I have earned extra simoleans that I sell to friends and fellow players so they will get a better deal than with the Developers. I might remind you that yes, we were promised we could sell our simoleans back to EA, however this has not yet happened and I suspect it will not happen for a very long time as we are constantly being told things by the developers that have not come to pass. so i think you should not throw out blanket statements about people who you don't know at all! its small minded to take one bit of information and apply it to *everyone* you can reach. I am insulted and take back my defense of your other comment. seems it might have actually hit the mark and I came to your defense way too soon!
(sorry to send this to the forum, it was meant to be a private response to Princess R that went astray)

P

PB Three

Suzanne, au contrarie, I've seen you at your store with your fake visitors for hours on end without doing anything. You're at least using a sim-sitter which is also quite wrong, IMHO.

btw, remember that polar bear that bought a tux from you way back when? I would'nt have if I knew as much about you as I do now.

I'm glad you at least have a life, aside from your extreme love of the #1 spot.
I talked to Luc in IM this morning, he said that if one is caught using a sim-sitter, they will get in trouble.

I resent your lack-of-concept for fair competetion. I work hard to have my store even in the top-40 or top-30.

I'll re-think my views of you if you at least stop using alt sims to boost visitor time. We are real people, hurt by your unfair competition.

Suzanne, I'd like to get on level terms, but I'm not going to bother until the above paragraph happens.

PB Three

G

i know nothing in terms of service that disallows me from playing my sims and hiding them. I probably play them over 80% of the time not counting overnight when the store remains open. I might remind you that i do not hold the number one spot. I am one of the most vocal people in the game against botting and third party software and I do not use ANY of it. never have and never will. I will never buy simoleans either, so there you go, we agree on something! So PB, take your assumptions and place em where the sun dont shine. I know who I am, and I know I play honestly and ETHICALLY and I can sleep at night knowing I am not screwing anyone with the way I play!! and in fact, have helped MANY other players only to get stabbed in the back by (some, so called *honest* players who do hold the number one spot) other players and reamed both in game and in the forums! nuff said, i really don't need to defend myself......

P

PB Three

Suzanne, just because the ToS doesen't say "no" to alt sims boosting visitor time, doesen't mean that it's ok. (Yes, I know you don't hold #1, but you did for a looong time in TC3.)

Virtually no-one respects people who boost visitor time with those alt sims. I am one of them.

I do have a 2nd account, but all of those sims are roommies at my store. Even if they weren't, I would'nt use them to boost my visitor time.

Please, do the community a favor and re-think your use of alt sims. Thank you.

P.S. Didn't you notice me and a few others seeking you one-time at your store in TC3? I remember "GuysLady" or whatever the name expressing her support.

PB Three

I

Inge Jones

Seems to me there is one FAQ on game etiquette, and a huge amount of political stuff that should be added to it, if newbies are not to accidentally put their foot wrong. Crikey if I had joined today instead of a few days ago I might well have accidentally used an ATM and completely branded myself an unethical player!

P

PB Three

Ok, now I'm starting to eat my own words. Suzanne has brought up many good points, so I'm going to stop bashing her now.

PB Three

G

ty PB, I've always respected you and the way you play the game.
(and hey, someone else will take up the bashing, give em all a turn, lol - j/k)