• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Peerless

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would you rate the difficulty of combating the various peerless monsters with a solo warrior? (I have a whammy/sampire.)

Dread Horn
Miasma
Lurg
Swoop
Dark Father
Meraktus
Etc.

I've solo'd Miasma.. that one's easy (biggest problem is my pack fills up too damn fast). Lurg isn't too bad but takes too long and I have to retreat and heal too often and the loot doesn't really pay off. I tried Swoop and I think that would have been about the same as Lurg... but I ended up leaving. I haven't tried the others. I'm in a great guild and we do a lot of group hunts but I'm hoping to try solo'ing stuff too. I know Miasma and Lurg are not on the same scale as Dread Horn, but figured I'd include all of them that I could think of in order to have a better mental scale.

T

Turdnugget

Swoop takes too long and still has crap for loot.

Miasma is easiest, but as you said, pack fills up super fast. And not much time between kills to check for loot.

Lurg, can be a pain to get to, but I haven't found any good loot.

Never done Meraktus, but it's a champ spawn isn't it? So you gotta deal with killing lots of minotaurs first.

DH I haven't done, but most will say it's one of the easiest out of the major Peerless bosses.

DF using Connor's technique of cowering in a corner, and whirwinding the crap out of everything w/the Conjurers Trinket should work. But it's suggested you have resist instead of SS as the DF will Bloodoath you, Corpse skin... and you'll wind up killing yourself.

For farming purposes, Miasma is the easiest and still has pretty good loot sometimes... Swoop takes longer due to being buffed up now, but the loot is still the same as before.

Peerless I'd say DH would be your best bet.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'm still working on my technique and practicing with the various forms, using posts here as a guide. I'm thinking about going against my usual standards, biting the bullet and buying a legacy token for a soul stone so I can swap spirit speak for resist.

I'm gonna try to work my way up to solo'ing DH (that's sort of my big UO goal at the moment).

And lol at Connor and strategic placement. :p

T

Turdnugget

I guess strategery is a better word for it... =)

Besides... who wants to be known as a cowardice samurai?

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is easier to solo... Dread Horn or Barracoon the Piper? That's not counting collecting the keys for DH, or killing champ spawn for Barracoon.

T

Turdnugget

Baracoon. You can use a slayer on him if you're not already at 300% DI cap.

He doesn't high level poison you. When he hits physical damage it's about 30-40 depending on resists, possibly a tad higher. He doesn't have much mana to cast on you.

If you back off of him, he typically does't follow like DH would.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baracoon. You can use a slayer on him if you're not already at 300% DI cap.

He doesn't high level poison you. When he hits physical damage it's about 30-40 depending on resists, possibly a tad higher. He doesn't have much mana to cast on you.

If you back off of him, he typically does't follow like DH would.
Cool beans. I'm gonna set my goal a little lower and try for Barracoon. Dread Horn spanked me good. ;)

Thanks.

T

Turdnugget

=)

It's a good starting point. Kinda hard to go straight into a tough fight if you don't know how to use a template effectively. When to use what specials/spells etc...

You could even try to find a rat spawn at one of the random champ spawns in Ilsh... but it'd probably get raided by blue PvMers...

If the template is built right, you could fairly easily solo the whole rat spawn yourself on the sampire template, depending on which skills you're using and weapons you have.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'm still learning the template. I still need to explore evade and other defensive moves.

I've taken the rat spawn in Ilsh almost to Barracoon and did ok. Paragon ratmen mages and silver serpents chased me away. But I'm better with the character now, and far better equipped.

Thanks!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'm still learning the template. I still need to explore evade and other defensive moves.

I've taken the rat spawn in Ilsh almost to Barracoon and did ok. Paragon ratmen mages and silver serpents chased me away. But I'm better with the character now, and far better equipped.

Thanks!
Being equipped is nice, but knowing what move to do when is the key. Like you stated, you are still exploring those avenues. I wouldn't think of evasion or any one move as the key though. Evasion is nice for when you get caught off guard/surprised. Other than that, I hardly use it. What weapon to use and when is really the key.

You can also key in on which mobs you choose to honor and when. If you play your cards right...you never run out of mana.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ML monsters, easiest to hardest:
Thrasher (even a non vampire can solo easily)
Miasma (non vamps can solo, but not too easy)
Coil (snake slayer + whirlwind for the silver serps = easy money)
Citadel mini-bosses (not much for loot, but easy to kill)
Twisted Weald spiders (only hard because of the environment and they spawn in pairs)
Lurg and Grobu (see "cowering in a corner" technique, but Lurg takes a while to kill, thus not worth the effort after you have done it once)
Swoop (tough as nails)
Pyre (like swoop, but with fire area effect and hangs out with Reptalons)
Rend (harder than most peerless)
Abscess (Possible, but the breath weapon kills most people in one shot)
Left out - anything from the Prism (don't like it there), Sanctuary (not worth it on a warrior, as the succubi spawn in 4's)

Peerless, easy to hard:
Dread horn (with vamp form and HLD, he's a ***** cat)
Paroxy (be careful of special hits, they hurt a lot)
Travesty (There's a trick to it. Don't try with wraith form or healing skill)
The rest are possible, but not worth the effort.
Grizzle (kills your armor, takes forever)
Shimmering (I haven't done it - still don't like the Prism)
Mel (Her slow-you-down special attack makes her hard. Easier to solo with a greater dragon)

Champ spawn champs easiest to hardest:
Baracoon (Anyone can solo)
Niera (Easy with Conjurer's Trinket)
Mephitis (not as easy as the other two, but still not too difficult)
Serrado the awakened (bring reptile slayer, not much harder than Yamandon)
Semidar on a female character
Rikktor (I haven't done)
Semidar on a male character (I haven't done)

Not mentioned: Twisted weald spawn, Pestilence spawn, Doom

This is only my opinion. Others may vary. I'm sure I've forgotten some...

T

Turdnugget

Farsight pretty much laid it out.

I haven't done DH solo yet though. Still working on the sampire template w/my crafter =)

More importantly, you gotta know your template, know your skill, and know your limits. Don't think that because you've got good gear, a good weapon, and the right template, that it's gonna pan out like you 'think' it should.

It still takes time.

You can't give someone a Formula 1 car and expect them to win the race each time. It takes practice.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great list Farsight. Thanks.

I want to try Dread Horn again. I made some really obvious mistakes and distracted myself. The worst part about Dread Horn is collecting all the keys. Irk killed me several times.. for some reason I had a lot of trouble with him. Although all the other keys weren't too tough.

I looked for the Rat Champ spawn in Ilsh a few times over the weekend. But they were always Undead, Spiders, or Snakes.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great list Farsight. Thanks.

I want to try Dread Horn again. I made some really obvious mistakes and distracted myself. The worst part about Dread Horn is collecting all the keys. Irk killed me several times.. for some reason I had a lot of trouble with him. Although all the other keys weren't too tough.

I looked for the Rat Champ spawn in Ilsh a few times over the weekend. But they were always Undead, Spiders, or Snakes.
Even the keys are easy, the hard part is getting the key yielding monsters one at a time. And that's not really hard, just time and honor consuming.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This next question may be better suited in another thread/forum but since we're on the topic anyway, I'm going to post it here.

With Irk (and changelings in general), do they acquire buffs you have active at the time they take your form? If I have EoO, Divine Fury, Consecrate Weapon all up, will Irk acquire those? Because I buffed the bajeesus out of myself and Irk killed me several times.

Thanks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make sure you are using a weapon with 0 physical damage against Irk. I find him to be fairly easy to kill. I can't remember the last time I've died to him.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This next question may be better suited in another thread/forum but since we're on the topic anyway, I'm going to post it here.

With Irk (and changelings in general), do they acquire buffs you have active at the time they take your form? If I have EoO, Divine Fury, Consecrate Weapon all up, will Irk acquire those? Because I buffed the bajeesus out of myself and Irk killed me several times.

Thanks.
I'm not so sure as far as buffs, but that hardly matters. They make a mirror image of you and polymorph into you essentially. As long as you can get him alone then don't worry about having a ton of buffs up. Main key is tactics and what weapon you are using. If you have a physical based weapon, you will do nothing to him really. Irk has physical armor resist of 84.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Additionally, I don't recall your template if you had posted it somewheres, but if you don't have any resist when fighting Irk, you should carry a trapped box. Just set a macro so you pop it when you get paralyzed.

Can't leech life, mana and stamina back if you are paralyzed forever and a day because of not having any way to compensate.