• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Peerless/Boss Drops

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's been awhile since I've done much with these so I was wondering what would increase the drop chance at an artifact from a boss.

Does luck impact this? Last time i knew it didn't but I don't remember.

What is the drop chance? Is it better to go with multiple people so everyone gets a "5%" drop chance? ( assuming they're not partied)

Or if you're partied does everyone still get the same drop chance?

Excuse all the questions, im still a newb, even after 20+ years.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as per UOGuide on luck. Might be a better source directly from UO that can confirm, but I'm not sure where.

1705704797170.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as per UOGuide on luck. Might be a better source directly from UO that can confirm, but I'm not sure where.

View attachment 151159
That is accurate from my experience.

You have to party to get in a peerless encounter. Drop party before the Peerless dies so everybody gets individual loot. The normal loot is affected by luck of the individual. Look at all of the talismans. The peerless artifacts drop rate seem very random.

Many special Mobs are based on Peerless loot, that's why they only have a few things in their corpse.

Medusa seems to have the highest chance for multiple players to get a drop. Usually the Iron wood bow or the stone dragon tooth weapon is what you get. Slither is very uncommon. They are all worth decent cleanup points.

There is a peerless hunt on LS every Wednesday night. Do peerless many times and you will eventually get everything.

These pages show what each peerless mob drops.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That is accurate from my experience.

You have to party to get in a peerless encounter. Drop party before the Peerless dies so everybody gets individual loot. The normal loot is affected by luck of the individual. Look at all of the talismans. The peerless artifacts drop rate seem very random.

Many special Mobs are based on Peerless loot, that's why they only have a few things in their corpse.

Medusa seems to have the highest chance for multiple players to get a drop. Usually the Iron wood bow or the stone dragon tooth weapon is what you get. Slither is very uncommon. They are all worth decent cleanup points.

There is a peerless hunt on LS every Wednesday night. Do peerless many times and you will eventually get everything.

These pages show what each peerless mob drops.

This helps, thanks. I’ve actually been doing Medusa specifically and have mainly been getting the ironwood now and petrified snake weapon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This helps, thanks. I’ve actually been doing Medusa specifically and have mainly been getting the ironwood now and petrified snake weapon.
Call out in chat for others to join you once you have the eggs. Might meet players who have never been inside SA, They will enjoy something new.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Many of the best drops have to be looted from the corpse. So make sure to drop party

Crimson cinture, paroxy statue, Mel. hair dyes, grizzle mare statue. They all have to be looted from the body.

Of the valuable drops I think only a slither would appear in your backpack

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Many of the best drops have to be looted from the corpse. So make sure to drop party

Crimson cinture, paroxy statue, Mel. hair dyes, grizzle mare statue. They all have to be looted from the body.

Of the valuable drops I think only a slither would appear in your backpack
it’s good to keep this in mind. I know I got a crimson from the shimmering peerless not long ago and was on the corpse.

after I get a slither, I may try lady m for some glacial hair dye.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Medusa's special drops exist in two RNG spins. The first is the common drops (petrified snake, ironwood bow, ect) while the 2nd is the rarer drops (Venom, Slither, ect)

You can actually get drops from both at the same time.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Medusa's special drops exist in two RNG spins. The first is the common drops (petrified snake, ironwood bow, ect) while the 2nd is the rarer drops (Venom, Slither, ect)

You can actually get drops from both at the same time.
This is extremely helpful to know, thanks!