• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] PC and Confirmation on Book of Truth

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a "Book of Truth" without a ? at the end. As I recall from the quests we were looking for the "real" book of truth. The ?'s ones could be turned in for points to get the wanderer gear, etc.

Is this one of the "real" ones?
Does anyone remember how many were dropped (the non-'? version) per shard?
Does anyone remember what you would have gotten?
An' does anyone have a guesstimate on worth for my notes?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The book without ? came about 2 years ago there was a quest where u did turn in the virtue set and got the book without the ?

The book with ? came from the book of truth quest like u said
The book of truth quest was older 1 player got theire name on a sign at lyceum but dont know if any item was ever handed out

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
herman is correct. because i remember virtue suits were being pricegouged, and i didnt feel like spending hours grinding dungeons just for the virtue pieces so never got one myself even tho i kinda wanted to. it just wasnt worth the trouble as i didnt have a virtue set to turn :(.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so the book of truth without the ? is the one players would hand in for something from the same event. That's right.. the book of truth was one of the things you could redeem for... most got the ?'d one and a few got the non-?'d one?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just checked on uo guide to make sure my memory was correct, but yes. "The Book Of Truth" (no ?) was a quest reward for handing in a virtue set, and if you had enough bane loyalty you could hand the book in and receive a corrupted book of truth. so i would think the corrupted one would be slightly more rare. i played alot during the book of truth? event arc, it was easy gold selling redeemers and fun pvp cause the drop rate was double in fell and good spawns were sometimes fought over. covetous nightmares were the best -easy to kill and high fame.

but the storyline went nowhere which was dissapointing. the hand-in to get the real Book of Truth seemed a bit too simple, and way too late (3 years after the ?s stopped spawn) but such is the case often in uo and at least the plotline was finished up and converged with the new Bane Chosen plotline at the time.

I would guess the value to be around what other limited time event-arc quest rewards are. there arent tons and tons of them out there but it Was a turn in quest, so maybe 3-10 mil as a very rough guess.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot, Smoot for taking the time to look that up. If I had known I could find that info was on the wiki, I'd done it without pestering folks. Opps. Really appreciate your help too, Herman. I didn't participate in the event that gave the corrupted book with the name on it so was not at all familiar with any parts of it... all I had known was seeing this graphic before with the old event with the wanderer gear, veracity's treasure box, etc

Thanks to the both of you!