• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

paying subscriber can't go to jobs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wonder when TPTB are gonna start letting us accrue sick leave or vacation time?

I think we need to start a union and set down some demands on MOMI!

[/ QUOTE ]

I AGREE! U can count me in!

P

poppet

I don't know, i think ill just log out today. I really was looking forward to playing the factory now its messed up

N

NightFlyer

TTL

Funny, when it was object payouts dropped so many of the same players complaining here were not too concerned. "Just get a job" was the usual answer to those of us not liking sim jobs. "Get over it! Do something else!" Was the standard response.

Now that your beloved "jobs" are down you all whine and pancake and piss and moan. Now I say get over it! Do something else!

The payout on objects is still ridiculously low but that shouldn't matter. Be happy! The devs are on it! This may be resolved about the same time as they raise the object pay...SOON.

HAHAHA

I

imported_TraciRK

As already stated, what is the point of tc3 if you aren't going to fix the bugs BEFORE you update EALand? Since you can't unring a bell, the least they could do is raise the payouts in the money houses to reflect the loss of pay.

G

Wholeheartedly agree on this one!!! If payouts hadn't dropped so low it would not be as big an issue. But we are working (most of us) to make the cash needed to keep a house or build a house or just get some nice things. If I wanted to be a tester for bugs I would be playing in TC3 not EALand!
We are paying customers and as such deserve to get what we are paying for!
I was a beta tester on the original TSO and it was fun back then. BUT the big difference is we didn't have to pay monthly fees just to play and test! It's past the testing stage at this point. If you are considering us as BETA testers once again then you should allow us to play for free until you know how to fix the bugs and the game is ready for us to enjoy!

<blockquote><hr>

If you can restore the data back when there is a exploit in the economy you certainly can restore EAland back to where it is working in windows mode. Updates are supposed to work. To test updates we have TC3 that is what it is there for. Not EAland. And don't anyone tell me that is why it is EAland(beta), because I won't have that shoved down my throat. Anything released to EAland should work. Not make problems for people with their login or playing experience.

[/ QUOTE ] If you can't fix the not being able to work bug then why not raise the payouts on the money objects in the meantime?

[/ QUOTE ]

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

Funny, when it was object payouts dropped so many of the same players complaining here were not too concerned. "Just get a job" was the usual answer to those of us not liking sim jobs. "Get over it! Do something else!" Was the standard response.

Now that your beloved "jobs" are down you all whine and pancake and piss and moan. Now I say get over it! Do something else!

The payout on objects is still ridiculously low but that shouldn't matter. Be happy! The devs are on it! This may be resolved about the same time as they raise the object pay...SOON.

HAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

And I never disputed the fact that the payouts on money items are low. And yes I did tell people to get a job to make more money, because of the fact that too many have still the same mind set of the way it used to be..but that is not what I want to rehash again.
The point is, that when you release a update it should be a working update not one riddled one with bugs that apparently they were not able to fix in TC3.
TC3 is the test place, this is were you work out the kinks and bugs and whatnot before you finally have a working update and you release it. Yes granted some minor issues will always rear their ugly head and I can deal with that, but when it is something this big that has already plaqued a Community for a long period of time and now is being released to another Community I draw the line.

N

NightFlyer

..."The point is, that when you release a update it should be a working update not one riddled one with bugs that apparently they were not able to fix in TC3."..

I wholeheartedly agree.

P

poppet

I never posted to tell anyone to get over anything. I resent that you replied that to me. At least you can use your job objects albeit lower pay. I cant work in the factory at all. You need to get over your bitterness towards other players.

G

remember people...be nice cause what comes around goes around.

N

NightFlyer

"I never posted to tell anyone to get over anything. I resent that you replied that to me. At least you can use your job objects albeit lower pay. I cant work in the factory at all. You need to get over your bitterness towards other players."

I guess you missed the "TTL"

G

tag to last, as in not directed at the person they replied to, just a general reply to the thread.

P

poppet

TTL

Not only cant people go to work, some arent being allowed in their own houses and being told they cant enter this type of lot. In addition the lag is 20 second stop and go. Well Done EA. but the bright side is we can pick our primary player :p

I

imported_PMS Janet

Same here..says I am a free player even though I am a premium player..and my acct. is paid up to date. Called ea billing they verified it and told me to call tech support..called tech support they said they can't help me and to call billing..

G

<blockquote><hr>

Same here..says I am a free player even though I am a premium player..and my acct. is paid up to date. Called ea billing they verified it and told me to call tech support..called tech support they said they can't help me and to call billing..

[/ QUOTE ]

That would induce my rage to levels I can't even speak of without violating some rule or another.

Hopefully the team was made aware of the free player issue and will work it out.

I think it was worked out previously (but I could be wrong) so if that is the case... they may have an easier time fixing it. Again... IDK... I just know that conversation would have ended with me contacting my phone company to send me a new phone on account of the fact that my old one was smashed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

HAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

The issue is that we don't know the devs are on it....if we just had confirmation of that one thing then I for one would grit my teeth and ride it out. I *have* already been doing something else to make money, but the thing you fail to realize is that the money is not the main reason some people work the jobs, they do it because it's fun. Even if when the jobs come back up if they are cut in pay by 25-50% those people would still work the jobs just for the challenge of getting up through the ranks.

As for your snarkiness, I don't recall it being such a big issue to the masses when it was just TC3 players that couldn't go to work, basically it was 'it's a test server, deal with it'. Maybe if this IS a bug then it would have been dealt with if a bigger deal had been made out of it, and maybe players wont be so quick to dismiss the next bug in TC3 because they don't play in TC3 and it doesn't affect them.....yet.....eh?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I love the jobs and I haven't complained once. I also haven't logged in to play as often as I usually do.
After they spent months moving society towards jobs and away from money objects, do you honestly believe they would just do away with them? I always have something to do when I login. I see little point in complaining about something when we have no idea why it is happening. Everything has a reason and I have faith in those making decisions, so I am not concerned in the least, at this point.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I love the jobs and I haven't complained once. I also haven't logged in to play as often as I usually do.
After they spent months moving society towards jobs and away from money objects, do you honestly believe they would just do away with them? I always have something to do when I login. I see little point in complaining about something when we have no idea why it is happening. Everything has a reason and I have faith in those making decisions, so I am not concerned in the least, at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably correct, and I too have been pursuing other goals in game that are mostly centered around skilling since I'm going to have to do alot of that either now or after amnesty. And I've been using other methods to make money, although I did end up using my own money lot to do it because if I played on public money lots in game I'd go postal or something since piledrive is accept/deny and therefore there'd be no way to block the whining and complaining without putting half the house on ignore. As Jackie stated, when I want to play with myself, I will, so I use my own lot to do it though anybody is free to IM me at any time and sometimes even pop in on the lot....sometimes I lock the door, sometimes I don't.

Whatever the decision is, even if it pisses me off I can get over it....what I find it really hard to deal with is not knowing either way....it's like having cancer screenings done and then waiting a few weeks to get the results back. During that time any person would be biting their fingernails doing 'what if' scenarios in their mind, whereas even if the result comes back positive at least they KNOW what they are dealing with and can develop a plan for doing so. Right now *all* we have is assumptions and conjecture with no facts to build up either theory, the proverbial house of cards built on sand.

S

SITA sim

I was really hoping that one of the Devs would take a peek at this post and at least let us know they are aware and are working on it...
I just want to be acknowledged (sp?)

G

When will this be fixed.. thats all I would like to know.. This game is starting becoming to be a headache

I

imported_princess45001

i agree tru its almost like they find out what we like to do most and take it away i mean without money and the challenge of working what other reason to play the game and please do not respond to chat with friends cause if thats all i was here for would go to FREE chat room.

G

Jobs - is the main goal for some people to make money. they take this away why play.

P

Paulina

Not sure when they will respond or fix it. People in TC3 have been asking for awhile now and they did not get a fix for it, instead they updated EAland and now we are stuck with it too.

P

poppet

TTL

I really wish they would say something, i really liked working in the robot factory, if they dont intend to let us play it, i would like to know so i can take my money elsewhere

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Wonder when TPTB are gonna start letting us accrue sick leave or vacation time?

I think we need to start a union and set down some demands on MOMI!

[/ QUOTE ]

I AGREE! U can count me in!

[/ QUOTE ]

There already is a Union in EA Land. It's Robot Factory Workers of EA Land, Local Union 001. See Steve McGarret, or Hannah McGarret in EA Land to join.

Thanks!!

G

Can someone who is online test this and let us know? I am at work and unable to log in... (damn job won't let me play and get paid..lol)

G

<blockquote><hr>

We can work now. Parizad just said it in the game

[/ QUOTE ]

YEP I just got a pop up in TC3. SO excited and I hang my head in shame that I bought into the conspiracy theories, even temporarily.

THANKS DEVS for redeeming yourselves!

I

imported_aldldl

<blockquote><hr>

Can someone who is online test this and let us know? I am at work and unable to log in... (damn job won't let me play and get paid..lol)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm at a house and they went to work... actually the dev used them as test dummies... so yea it does work

G

Thank you god. I can go back to making money to buy more Sim-crack... lol

I

imported_PMS Janet

yay working again..no more lag and doesn't accuse me of being a free account anymore..thanks for the hard work devs.

P

Paulina

I am saying thanks to the Dev' for getting on the problem and having it fixed quickly. I know I have a very boisterous opinion when stuff like this happens, but when they act on it and get it resolved I am also willing to come of my soapbox and say thank you.

G

I successfully did some rounds in the restaurant and after that bogus conversation last night I held my breath as the payout window popped up after a round......NO loss in pay though \o/ Things are exactly like they were before.....woohoo!