• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

paying subscriber can't go to jobs.

G

anyone having this issue in EA land and cannot go to there sim jobs and getting a pop-up.

I am a paying subscriber too.

G

What does the pop up say? I am not home to test right now.

J

JesseLeeIt'sME

The message says only paying subscribers can enter these lots.... I am a paying subscriber

G

yeah! i been getting this too and I tryed going multi-times

G

<blockquote><hr>

anyone having this issue in EA land and cannot go to there sim jobs and getting a pop-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant get into the factory either and I am also a paying customer...

G

Check on your bio. Does it say you are a premium account for a free account? If it says free, then the game is not seeing you as a paying member. Can you go to skill or money houses?

G

Hmm...I'm getting this problem too. I think it might be a bug from the update maybe..?
I just hoped it's fixed soon.

H

hutson797

I pay but says am free account can still get into skill house

A

abbracia

I can't go either. It says I'm a free account. I AM NOT A FREE ACCOUNT.

Also when I tried to play today there was an unusually large update. Almost like the system was re-sending the entire game. It was suspicous. Then, my inventory was gone, and it was saying I'm a free account.

I do think I've been deleted. If so, I want my money back, this is just too annoying.

L

luvibunni

Yes, I can go in skilling and money houses, just not work...

BabiDoll~

T

Terra Pin

Everyone in the skill house I'm currently at (ie: paid subscriber) that has a job can't go to work. There are at least 8 players complaining about the same issue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Check on your bio. Does it say you are a premium account for a free account? If it says free, then the game is not seeing you as a paying member. Can you go to skill or money houses?

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked it says premium and yes im skilling two sims now as we speak so its something with the jobs atleast the factory jobs anyway...everyone I spoke to in the game that works the factory cant get in...

G

Same here can enter skill and money lots just not work. And my bio says Premium...maybe we'll get double bonuses for time missed from work? *wicked grinz*

Please fix this I need the cash lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Same here can enter skill and money lots just not work. And my bio says Premium...maybe we'll get double bonuses for time missed from work? *wicked grinz*

Please fix this I need the cash lol

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm nice thought but I doubt it ...

C

Camile

Yep, same here, tried to go make some bots and got a msg that I was a temp account ( Who ME? No Way) and not allowded to enter lots of this type. Obviously a prob with the last update, I wlll keep watching for the fix, as this is an obvious bug

G

This is starting to make me mad.. every update they add something, and something that was already there gets taken away.

G

This sounds like the bug that was going on in TC3... and from my knowledge it still is going on. No one in TC3 can go to jobs either. Wow. Money houses are going to be packed now... lol.

When I get home I will check my 2 accounts and see if they say free or premium. I can understand if the game sees you as being a free account why you can't go to jobs. But the question is why is it saying you are a free account if you are indeed a paying account, and why can't premium accounts go to work.

G

I just logged in to check it, and called the cab to the Factory job.

I just got my premium player bonus when I logged in, and the pop-up about being a free player when I tried to go to work....this is clearly a bug.

Report bugs @ [email protected]

J

JRock

Unfortunately this bug came over from the TC3 bug where they too couldn't work.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately this bug came over from the TC3 bug where they too couldn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that they are still having that problem in TC3

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant get into the factory either and I am also a paying customer...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I am a paying subscriber and I cant even get in the game let alone the job.

G

I'm surprised with the amount of talk on here from us TC3 players about not being able to work, that no one saw this coming. EA Land got some updates being tested in TC3, and with it the work bug we've had for ages now. Still no fix I guess.

A

Atata

Oh ya... not sure where a thread for this is but...

How do I change to a free account XD I've been playin for years but, I mainly just go on to chat to friends now. Don't think thats worth 10$ a month D:

M

mysticlisa516

I can't go to work either. Why wasn't this fixed before they updated EA with what was on TC3? With single objects so low on payout, I used factory work for my main source of $.

Please fix this as soon as possible, or take the update away. Lag is still horrible anyways, so its not like the update fixed that.

I

imported_aldldl

How many times in RL have you ever seen protests from people that want to GO to work.... anyway if this was an issue in TC3 then I would hope and think the Devs. will roll back the issue if they dont see a fix soon.

Both my accounts are not allowed to go to work... now to find those money houses in RL...

B

bluetfire1

I just try take my avi too work it not lettign me and i have 3 pay accounts

G

First I couldn't even get to the select an avatar page, kept crashing to my desktop, then someone told me to remove the 800X600 from the target and I was able to get into EA Land, finally, but now I can't get my avatar to his job and got that same message about updating to a paid account and I too am a paying player.

K

Kellyn

Is it everybody or just a select lucky few? I cannot get to work either and someone is waiting for me to come pick up a cc order.

I

imported_aldldl

Seems to be everyone with the job thing... though I'm not 100% on that.

G

Bah...can't work in TC3 or EA Land. My poor EA Land simmie is going to be destined to wear the butt-ugly overalls forever!

S

SoonersLady

Can't go to my (sim) Job either
I actaully like going to my (sim) job.
By the way... They will always be SIMS to me lol

G

Still can't go. Passing time by doing boards. Gotta make money somehow.

G

I have to admit it, it is all my fault. I have been drafting so many in the Army and sending the gnomes off to fight the bots. Gnomes 1 - Robots 0

L

Layla-Playmate

<blockquote><hr>

I have to admit it, it is all my fault. I have been drafting so many in the Army and sending the gnomes off to fight the bots. Gnomes 1 - Robots 0

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured it was your fault

G

yeah this pretty much sucks!
like someone else had said earlier, the "real" free players dont have to pay we pay and still cant do squat!

G

I WANNA WORK!! I WANNA WORK!! I WANNA WORK!!

Never thought i'd hear my self saying that!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

This sounds like the bug that was going on in TC3... and from my knowledge it still is going on. No one in TC3 can go to jobs either. Wow. Money houses are going to be packed now... lol.

When I get home I will check my 2 accounts and see if they say free or premium. I can understand if the game sees you as being a free account why you can't go to jobs. But the question is why is it saying you are a free account if you are indeed a paying account, and why can't premium accounts go to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this bug has been going on in TC3 since update before last...maybe now that it is going on in EA Land both cities will get a prompt fix. When it was isolated to TC3 I think the basic attitude was, its a test server, got to take the bad with the good, but now that the issue has spread I think both cities will see a swift fix....at least I hope *prays to the avigods*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Looks like we all having fun in here may i join?

Looks like the free players are having a laugh at the
Paying customers now!!! We pay 9.99 they pay nothing.

And all i got was this lousy screen shot...
http://www.postimage.org/Pq1oklV9-b00b82704a6b062c5bdb1fcf2b050129.bmp

Just FYI : EA LAND 4:10 PDT USA California AFTER THE UPDATE Missing anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a premium member (I pay 9.99 the same as you do) and I haven't been able to go to work in TC3 for a couple weeks, so no, none of us are having a laugh, its just now nobody has a 'who cares' attitude since it is now affecting everybody equally.

S

Sims2

I can't go to work either. Why wasn't this fixed before they updated EA with what was on TC3? With single objects so low on payout, I used factory work for my main source of $.

Please fix this as soon as possible, or take the update away. Lag is still horrible anyways, so its not like the update fixed that.

i agree they knew about this why did they just not fix it first? at least

dev give us some answer us to why it was not fixed and can we know

why it is happening and will it be fixed soon????

G

<blockquote><hr>

i agree they knew about this why did they just not fix it first? at least

dev give us some answer us to why it was not fixed and can we know

why it is happening and will it be fixed soon????

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no guarantee that that taking the update away would fix it, unless they rolled TC3 back to the last update as well...but I think the jobs in TC3 were busted before last Wednesday....I'm not sure I'll have to look at the date I created the thread about it. At the time there weren't many replies or much concern about it because it didn't have an effect on EA Land. Hang on I'll see if I can dig up that date.

Edit: March 27th was when jobs got busted in TC3. Seems like it's been longer than that, but that means they'd have to roll back twice in order to fix it. If the other progress in the game in that time could be preserved, that wouldn't be a bad thing, but imagine the riot of a total 14 day roll back.....eek.

M

MysticNyte

It says I'm premimun and I can't go to work !!!

K before I hear how hard these devs are working...lets look at some facts...

We have numerous resests everyday...because the devs can't figure out how to fix what the problem is...the devs said so thereselves...

Everytime they put on an update...we sit not able to play the game till they take the update off....

The only thing they have managed to do is, merge cities...where paying people lost about everything they had because of the merge....

They added custom content..so far the only thing that appears to work...but screwed up the economy to a point can't even buy a pet dish....

Maybe instead of saying how hard they work...they should be fired and people hired that might actually have a clue as to how to make this game actually work !!!

EA collects how much money every single month from this game...alot i'm sure...enough that they can hire qualified people to produce a working game, that deserves the payments we pay into it each month !!!

P

Paulina

I am sorry, but if you know that there is a bug with work in TC3 why the heck do you release a update to EAland, with the same known bug that apparently you don't know how to fix? So what are we supposed to just sit there now and wait months like TC3 is for a fix?
The same with the window mode, if there is a bug now, and it is reported, take the darn update back and bring it back to the working one. If you can restore the data back when there is a exploit in the economy you certainly can restore EAland back to where it is working in windows mode. Updates are supposed to work. To test updates we have TC3 that is what it is there for. Not EAland. And don't anyone tell me that is why it is EAland(beta), because I won't have that shoved down my throat. Anything released to EAland should work. Not make problems for people with their login or playing experience. I have said it once before and I will say it again, if you are not capable of doing your job right then maybe it is time for someone to replace you. I am not jumping on the Dev band wagon right now, nor am I going to say it is ok , because it is not.
And if you are expecting the players that have not been complaining about payouts and have worked the job tracks to hit the ATM to finance your incapabilities of coding a game correctly you are going to find yourself broke really fast. As a single working mother with 2 teenagers, I do not have the luxury to run to a In-game ATM to make withdraws of my money that I work hard for to finance EA's incapability. I have kept my mouth shut since the login issues, but it seems that EA is taking 20 steps back again when it comes to bugs and what not to be released on the public in EAland.

P

poppet

Yep was really really upset when i couldnt go to the factory, its actually on aspect of the game i really like to do. This alone made me consider quitting. I think the programmers need to talk to us about this, there are many mad people over this latest bug

G

<blockquote><hr>

I WANNA WORK!! I WANNA WORK!! I WANNA WORK!!

Never thought i'd hear my self saying that!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, if this problem ever happened in RL I would be happy to have the day off ...lol

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Wonder when TPTB are gonna start letting us accrue sick leave or vacation time?

I think we need to start a union and set down some demands on MOMI!