• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

paying for TSO

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I see the new economy doing just about the same thing as the old one.

Players have been purchasing simoleans for years while many of us screamed about it. Whether we keep our simoleans or not, I don't see player ceasing in buying them.

There's one vast difference though, the money being spent for simoleans will for the most part be given to EA/TSO meaning TSO is going to be providing a much more substantial income for EA.

Depending on how much EA sells their simoleans for, it may not be feasible for the simolean sellers to continue in their businesses.

I think that private players will probably turn more heavily to selling 'items' such as rares and 'one-of-a-kind' custom content items to players and that's where they'll make their money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck who are you kidding look at current prices of simoleans. Theres nothing to say that the simolean sellers won't undersell EA at their prices and attract the players to buy from them instead of EA. Honestly I fully expect to see them do just that. It's always feasable, but is it economical, maybe it depends on the seller I guess, time will surely tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah there are a LOT of simoleans floating around out there so it's driven prices WAY WAY down over the last years. However, I think EA will be able to outdo the 'private' sellers because I believe they are setting it up to buy it directly on the game unlike having to go to the 'outside' guys' website and risking losing their money.

Let's face it fester, if they are so spoiled rotten that they need to 'buy' simoleans, the probably will just pop out the old Visa and buy them directly in the game from EA. If you were a 'new' person, in TSO/ EAland, who would you be more willing to give your credit card number to, EA or JoSmolian?

BTW: are you really saying people are still buying simoleans? OMG could you point them out to me cause I have some ocean front property in Arizona I could sell them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I see the new economy doing just about the same thing as the old one.

Players have been purchasing simoleans for years while many of us screamed about it. Whether we keep our simoleans or not, I don't see player ceasing in buying them.

There's one vast difference though, the money being spent for simoleans will for the most part be given to EA/TSO meaning TSO is going to be providing a much more substantial income for EA.

Depending on how much EA sells their simoleans for, it may not be feasible for the simolean sellers to continue in their businesses.

I think that private players will probably turn more heavily to selling 'items' such as rares and 'one-of-a-kind' custom content items to players and that's where they'll make their money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck who are you kidding look at current prices of simoleans. Theres nothing to say that the simolean sellers won't undersell EA at their prices and attract the players to buy from them instead of EA. Honestly I fully expect to see them do just that. It's always feasable, but is it economical, maybe it depends on the seller I guess, time will surely tell.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would they want to undersell EA?
Do you really think they would want to sell their simoleons on e-bay (for instance) for less money than they could sell it in-game?
Plus, there are no issues of trust, transfering, or waiting.

G

I'm pretty sure EA will charge more per 1000 simoleans than they will pay for them. Which will open that door for more.. ummm, entrepreneurs

I go to another online community that you can buy funding for and make custom content to sell. The CO sells funds, but so do the people who sell their custom content and they sell it much cheaper than the company does.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

I will be interested to see where enterprising sellers land next for EA Land. Sellers of game money and objects are a pox upon most game companies.

It is a mistaken generalization to think that all simolean sellers were untrustworthy. Like the other Ebay vendors, they did not risk their rating or customer base. Scammers are a flash in the pan, and it never pays as well as making customers happy.

EA has an abysmal history of policing. Supposedly EA Land has triggers in place to identify suspicious simolean activity. Time will tell.

Personally, I am amazed by the inventiveness and creative intelligence of those who figure out ways to entrepreneur in game. Not that I always agree with what they are doing, but they often amaze me.

G

First Dutch,

It depends on EA's prices as I'm sure some sellers will definitely undersell EA just to get the players to buy from them intead of EA. When there were many seller sites players usually went to the cheapest even if it were only pennies saved so yes if these same sellers undersell EA's pricing on simoleans then yes I'd exect to see them visit those sites and buy simoleans and especially so if those players have had past histories with those simolean sellers. I'm sure there still are a few trusted/trusting simolean sellers out there.

Yes I know a few who still do buy simoleans and yeah tell you what, lets go halves on that property and i'll give you their info, LMAO

Donavan,

They would undersell EA to get the players to buy from them as opposed to buying from EA directly. If they are cheaper then EA's simolean prices they will go to them and save money, everyone likes to save money. lol

They can't sell in ebay anymore its been illegal for many months now. Ebay no longer allows the sales of virtual items for any game let alone TSO although yes at times some virtual auctions/items slip by. Their only choice is selling via their own web sites if they have them.

I'm not saying they sell less then what the game buys it back from players for. I'm saying they'd sell it for less then what the game would sell to players for. If that's what you meant. EA isn't stupid enough to pay as much for simoleans from players as it would to charge players to buy them, that would be idiotic. lol I'm sure the buyback rate will be lower then their selling rate.

As for risk of issues in trust or transferring i'm sure most would use someone they previously dealt with or whom friends dealt with. As for immdiate yes I'd expect the game to be the fastest for sure, we would hope. lol

These guys/gals in all these games live for times like this when games have new content, upgrades/patches, expansions etc because that is new things for the players to want and try. All of that generaqlly costs players their virtual money to get and they'll be looking to get that cash fairly quickly to try the new options etc.

With EALand's merges and cash wipes I expect to see at leaat a few sellers get busy and try to have cash available for players as soon as they can and also be competitie with EA's pricing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

We're testers, but we're not BETA testers.

[/ QUOTE ]

you say tomato, i say tomato

look around my friends, anyone still think they are in kansas anymore? yep, we're all guinea pigs and paying for the pleasure of it. if only those ea folks had been this clever from the beginning...

oh and your right jackie, no gun. otherwise there would be much less pancakes

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're calling a tomato a potato.

Beta testers test games that are buggy, glitchy, and understand that things will go wrong and it's their job to report them.

Testers test new content that might be buggy or glitchy before it's implemented to the public servers. If something goes wrong, it's in their INTEREST to report it, not their role to. Also, testers leave games when they don't like the content, beta testers can make an impact on the content they don't like.

Broad difference. And if you're so paranoid that this is a major conspiracy by a huge money hungry corporation trying to trick you into paying for something they usually offer for free, LEAVE! Protest and stop paying for it! But stop trying to convince others that your delusions are real and let them pay for it because they WANT to. Not because they're forced to. Thus is the difference between beta testers and ordinary testers

G

<blockquote><hr>

First Dutch,

It depends on EA's prices as I'm sure some sellers will definitely undersell EA just to get the players to buy from them intead of EA. When there were many seller sites players usually went to the cheapest even if it were only pennies saved so yes if these same sellers undersell EA's pricing on simoleans then yes I'd exect to see them visit those sites and buy simoleans and especially so if those players have had past histories with those simolean sellers. I'm sure there still are a few trusted/trusting simolean sellers out there.

Yes I know a few who still do buy simoleans and yeah tell you what, lets go halves on that property and i'll give you their info, LMAO

Donavan,

They would undersell EA to get the players to buy from them as opposed to buying from EA directly. If they are cheaper then EA's simolean prices they will go to them and save money, everyone likes to save money. lol

They can't sell in ebay anymore its been illegal for many months now. Ebay no longer allows the sales of virtual items for any game let alone TSO although yes at times some virtual auctions/items slip by. Their only choice is selling via their own web sites if they have them.

I'm not saying they sell less then what the game buys it back from players for. I'm saying they'd sell it for less then what the game would sell to players for. If that's what you meant. EA isn't stupid enough to pay as much for simoleans from players as it would to charge players to buy them, that would be idiotic. lol I'm sure the buyback rate will be lower then their selling rate.

As for risk of issues in trust or transferring i'm sure most would use someone they previously dealt with or whom friends dealt with. As for immdiate yes I'd expect the game to be the fastest for sure, we would hope. lol

These guys/gals in all these games live for times like this when games have new content, upgrades/patches, expansions etc because that is new things for the players to want and try. All of that generaqlly costs players their virtual money to get and they'll be looking to get that cash fairly quickly to try the new options etc.

With EALand's merges and cash wipes I expect to see at leaat a few sellers get busy and try to have cash available for players as soon as they can and also be competitie with EA's pricing.

[/ QUOTE ]
From Lee: The exchange rate is 989 simoleons per US Dollar.
That's both ways.

With that in mind, the question is: Where is the incentive?
Saving money is the goal of the buyer - the seller's is quite different.
If I have.... say 989 simoleons to sell, it makes perfect sense to sell it to EA for a buck through in-game devices, rather than selling it to an individual at some remote site for 99cents. It's not like there is an alternate supply of simoleons where they can be made cheaper and thus sold cheaper. They have to be made/acquired in-game, by the eventual seller.
The whole purpose of selling them is to make a profit, and the best deal is from EA - unless someone thinks the sellers can convince people to buy from them at a higher rate.
I'm not saying people can't do it, or won't do it - what I'm saying is that it is not the smartest move from a 'profit' standpoint.

K

Keep It Real

I heard mention of a fee for selling back to EA. So even if the exchange rate is equal, there is still a fee for processing the exchange through EA. Fee = Profit

G

<blockquote><hr>

I heard mention of a fee for selling back to EA. So even if the exchange rate is equal, there is still a fee for processing the exchange through EA. Fee = Profit

[/ QUOTE ]
This is news to me - where did you get this info?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

A PayPal fee or a fee from EA?

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's both ways.

If I have.... say 989 simoleons to sell, it makes perfect sense to sell it to EA for a buck through in-game devices, rather than selling it to an individual at some remote site for 99cents. It's not like there is an alternate supply of simoleons where they can be made cheaper and thus sold cheaper. They have to be made/acquired in-game, by the eventual seller.
The whole purpose of selling them is to make a profit, and the best deal is from EA - unless someone thinks the sellers can convince people to buy from them at a higher rate.
I'm not saying people can't do it, or won't do it - what I'm saying is that it is not the smartest move from a 'profit' standpoint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying why would a seller not sell to EA at $1 per 989 simoleans and sell to a player at say .90 cents, but also you forget these sellers have many or multiple accounts.

Lets say a seller can earn about 30k-50k per hour using their accounts and probably possibly sharing profit with users helping them earn the cash. That's $30-$50 per each hour. It was also stated why would a seller sell to EA and only bring attention to them and their accounts so selling to players might not bring the attention to them or their accounts as soon. Maybe the seller doesn't want to sell to EA and only sells to players.

Honestly ANY and ALL money made in the game IS purely 100% profit no matter how high or low it is sold for so selling to EA or players no matter the price is still 100% profit to the seller.

Say a seller made 50k per day which is even very easy to do with just 3 sims and they sold it at .90 per 1,000 they'd earn $45.00 in RL. Now times that by 7 days a week and you get $315.00 RL, Not bad for just playing a game 1 hour a day and again all 100% profit no matter the sale price.

Oh yeah and i too have not heard of the sell price, they only mentioned a possible buyback rate of $1 per 989 simoleons. I also heard nothing about an associated fee from EA to do this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

That's both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying why would a seller not sell to EA at $1 per 989 simoleans and sell to a player at say .90 cents, but also you forget these sellers have many or multiple accounts.

Lets say a seller can earn about 30k-50k per hour using their accounts and probably possibly sharing profit with users helping them earn the cash. That's $30-$50 per each hour. It was also stated why would a seller sell to EA and only bring attention to them and their accounts so selling to players might not bring the attention to them or their accounts as soon. Maybe the seller doesn't want to sell to EA and only sells to players.

Honestly ANY and ALL money made in the game IS purely 100% profit no matter how high or low it is sold for so selling to EA or players no matter the price is still 100% profit to the seller.

Say a seller made 50k per day which is even very easy to do with just 3 sims and they sold it at .90 per 1,000 they'd earn $45.00 in RL. Now times that by 7 days a week and you get $315.00 RL, Not bad for just playing a game 1 hour a day and again all 100% profit no matter the sale price.

Oh yeah and i too have not heard of the sell price, they only mentioned a possible buyback rate of $1 per 989 simoleons. I also heard nothing about an associated fee from EA to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again - it makes no sense.
Having multiple accounts is no infraction - neither is making simoleons for the intended purpose of selling them back. To sell at reduced profit in order to avoid attention from someone who is not looking for you in the first place, is to toss away profit for no more reason than to feed a little paranoia.
BTW - send those 3 sims over to my place for a while, ok? I'd like to see how they make more than 16k each per hour. The best *I* can do is just over 600.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
This is news to me - where did you get this info?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was talked about at the Pub awhile back, I don't recall if it was Lee or Greg who said it. So along with Paypal fees for receiving money from EA you will "most likely" pay a fee to EA for the transaction. Will I be selling simoleans again, more than likely because I don't have to charge a fee to sell simoleans. Now, maybe by me saying I will not charge a fee EA will not charge one either. Lets hope anyway.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

...Honestly ANY and ALL money made in the game IS purely 100% profit no matter how high or low it is sold for so selling to EA or players no matter the price is still 100% profit to the seller...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Sellers have undercut each other to achieve sales in the past, to the point I used to look at their prices and wonder how it made sense. Obviously it did, because it was a popular occupation. The fact that they "could" sell back to EA is something that will be written out of their logic. It will invoke risk to earn large amounts of money, and more to try and sell to EA. IMO.

EA has a terrible rep at policing games. Maybe things will be different this time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Again - it makes no sense.
Having multiple accounts is no infraction - neither is making simoleons for the intended purpose of selling them back. To sell at reduced profit in order to avoid attention from someone who is not looking for you in the first place, is to toss away profit for no more reason than to feed a little paranoia.
BTW - send those 3 sims over to my place for a while, ok? I'd like to see how they make more than 16k each per hour. The best *I* can do is just over 600.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOTE: It also made no sense for selers to undercut each other when simoleans originally sold at $75 pr 100k, but here we are now selling at about a buck per million. The exploit had little to do with this as certain sites were already selling very cheaply before the exploit became widely known about.

You can best bet that if the sellers come back then they will surely undercut each other as well a EA and sell for less whether it makes sense or not well. LOL

If the best you can earn is 600 per hour you are most definitely using the wrong job to make your money, try the others and find the best one and remember that was using multiple sims as a reference.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

If the best you can earn is 600 per hour you are most definitely using the wrong job to make your money, try the others and find the best one and remember that was using multiple sims as a reference.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you could make some money publishing and selling a "how to make money in TC3" book.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

...Honestly ANY and ALL money made in the game IS purely 100% profit no matter how high or low it is sold for so selling to EA or players no matter the price is still 100% profit to the seller...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Sellers have undercut each other to achieve sales in the past, to the point I used to look at their prices and wonder how it made sense. Obviously it did, because it was a popular occupation. The fact that they "could" sell back to EA is something that will be written out of their logic. It will invoke risk to earn large amounts of money, and more to try and sell to EA. IMO.

EA has a terrible rep at policing games. Maybe things will be different this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was exactly my point earlier where Donovan quoted me and talked about being paranoid.

These sellers want to earn as much as possible, as fast as possible and sell it fast too, but they can't be selling large amounts to EA every day, every other day or week or else yes soon EA will start looking at them. BUT it would be not as noticeable to sell those larger amounts to players at reduced rates and not be "looked at" as soon if at all depending on how much is being made and sold obviously.

I'm willing to bet that EA's buyback thing lasts a very short time when they start to see all these sims seling back their cash lol

<blockquote><hr>

Re: paying for TSO [Re: fester]
#682301 - 11/28/07 03:47 PM Edit Reply Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like you could make some money publishing and selling a "how to make money in TC3" book

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO I probably could! I've tried every job with sims at full skill in each skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
But, you said:
<blockquote><hr>

Say a seller made <u>50k per day which is even very easy to do with just 3 sims</u> and they sold it at .90 per 1,000 they'd earn $45.00 in RL. Now times that by 7 days a week and you get $315.00 RL, <u>Not bad for just playing a game 1 hour a day </u>and again all 100% profit no matter the sale price.

[/ QUOTE ]

K

Keep It Real

I just asked Lee about the fee for selling simoleans to EA and yes there will be one but he does not know the amount.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just asked Lee about the fee for selling simoleans to EA and yes there will be one but he does not know the amount.

[/ QUOTE ]
Geez, this is just turning into a big money grab.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
But, you said:
<blockquote><hr>

Say a seller made <u>50k per day which is even very easy to do with just 3 sims</u> and they sold it at .90 per 1,000 they'd earn $45.00 in RL. Now times that by 7 days a week and you get $315.00 RL, <u>Not bad for just playing a game 1 hour a day </u>and again all 100% profit no matter the sale price.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad sorry 3 sims it takes a several hours to earn 30k-50k. It would be 1 hour if you had multiple sets of 3 sims and a couple other people to play them although with the wait animations in the jobs it might not really be that hard to play a few sets at once providerd your computer could handle all that many.

I've got 4 accounts so i could do all the jobs myself and test things well except for band. I could never get into that one.

Best I've done was about 11k per round and that was all 3 sims earnings combined. I'm sure once they activate more features like the money pools and the jobs that were to be random per day of which had the higher or better payouts that once those are activated earning simoleons will most likely be better.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha now see sellers won't have any such fee and therefore could sell at the same selling rate as EA and NOT have the selling fee and thus still undersell EA and attract buyers and NOT lose any profit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
But, you said:
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad sorry 3 sims it takes a several hours to earn 30k-50k. It would be 1 hour if you had multiple sets of 3 sims and a couple other people to play them although with the wait animations in the jobs it might not really be that hard to play a few sets at once providerd your computer could handle all that many.

I've got 4 accounts so i could do all the jobs myself and test things well except for band. I could never get into that one.

Best I've done was about 11k per round and that was all 3 sims earnings combined. I'm sure once they activate more features like the money pools and the jobs that were to be random per day of which had the higher or better payouts that once those are activated earning simoleons will most likely be better.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha now see sellers won't have any such fee and therefore could sell at the same selling rate as EA and NOT have the selling fee and thus still undersell EA and attract buyers and NOT lose any profit.

[/ QUOTE ]
A lesson for me: Never underestimate the greed of a large corporation