• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Paying 150 bill for a moon gate set

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
I wanting a full moon gate set if u have just 1 or 2 of these gates I can offer u 15 to 50 bill per gate depending on wich one u have

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Umm... ok, I guess I have to respond to this, as I'm the only one that owns said unique moongates other than the deflated half-gate that is a 1/3.

@ivester, your tactics for purchasing items, trading, and just general communication is unacceptable to me. You frequently make offers for items and don't proceed with the transaction and ignore people -- including people like me that have traded with you and have no issue working with you directly. Frankly, this post is absurd, as you know I'm the only person that owns these items. If you wanted the gates, why wouldn't you reach out to me directly?

You at one point offered 150p for the set of moongates. I accepted that offer and you decided to ignore me for two months instead of proceeding. That offer is now off the table. As I stated to @Nails Warstein, I will sell the set of moongates for the price of 500p (1/2 trillion gold). I will not accept less than this amount for the set of moongates. If you're baiting me to give you a response, it worked. But if you want to get your hands on my set of moongates, a lack of direct communication will not gain the results you are looking for.

Liam167

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is 500p UO gold really floating around in UO currency? *hangs head low in disgrace while looking at my bank balance*. Well I am gonna start collecting the gold from the errant mongbat that shows up on my doorstep daily!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is 500p UO gold really floating around in UO currency? *hangs head low in disgrace while looking at my bank balance*. Well I am gonna start collecting the gold from the errant mongbat that shows up on my doorstep daily!
Yeah, there is actually a whole lot more than 500p total in the game. Probably somewhere in the double (or even triple) digit trillions if you added every gold piece everyone in the game has.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@Clops Now I'm interested in seeing these moongates. I know a few entrance / exit gates used to travel between two houses (like a house teleporter before they were invented). But if they actually act as moongates I didn't even know such an item existed, and I'm curious to how they were obtained. Either case cool items!

Megadeath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know the feeling @Clops. I spoke with Ivester 1 time and he said he would get back to me and then vanished never to be heard from again. So no matter your amount of gold holdings, without a certain level of respect you will be buying nothing from the intelligent UO members. :talktothehand:

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Clops gates were at his castle for viewing for the longest time.. is that still true clops?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does any ONE person have 500p in liquid gold not tied up in rares? This sale seems unlikely to happen any time soon, cool looking gates though.

I remember the first time I saw them, they were cool but I thought the hole in the floor that kicked me way out into the boonies was cooler, lol.
Was thinking the same... and if they have.. oh my god.. what have we done to UO

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every NPC reward and monster kill mints money into the game out of thin air. If gold sinks don't take enough out again it grows. If they add alternate keep/castle designs to the classic house menu as mentioned in another thread it would be a good time to tax the rich(keep/castle owners) without impacting the new player! At this point, and with a limited number of places in game for those, it would have to be a significant tax, in the 1P range, to make a dent.

Nobody likes to get taxed but it would add a bit of prestige to showing one of the alternate castles so there is some value there too.

Anyway, I tried to go see the gates again, the place is private now?
Tax on having a keep or castle is not fair some of us worked hard to own one. You have to think that some people that own them are poor I have about 10 million gold in game so if the tax was put in I would lose the castle. If you want to bring taxes into the game then they will need to tax everyone just like they do in real life. I pay taxes in two countries just because I was born in one and left. If they added taxes into the game I would quickly leave uo for good and am sure others would.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much did the new mag house lottery take out of the game?

A maLas new Castle design could do the same
It was a success in theory, but a fail with all the backstage gossip shenanigans. Interesting on how some people were outbid by 1 gold. Lucky coincidences I guess. Same would happen there.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That always happens.

Unless you have some documentation of a mass experience. I'd consider it normal

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tax on having a keep or castle is not fair some of us worked hard to own one. You have to think that some people that own them are poor I have about 10 million gold in game so if the tax was put in I would lose the castle. If you want to bring taxes into the game then they will need to tax everyone just like they do in real life. I pay taxes in two countries just because I was born in one and left. If they added taxes into the game I would quickly leave uo for good and am sure others would.
Taxes would be good in theory. Major PR problems..so many old keeps, castles would fall due to inactivity in actually playing and just paying accounts to keep things standing. Would be a disaster and hundreds would cancel. Even though I would be for a gold sink, that's a particularly bad one. Gold sinks all sound nice, but if you add super high priced things, poor people get mad. If it's cheap..it's pointless. Lose lose imo

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
It was a success in theory, but a fail with all the backstage gossip shenanigans. Interesting on how some people were outbid by 1 gold. Lucky coincidences I guess. Same would happen there.

Wasn't the New Mag plot thing a lottery? or was it an auction?

Seems like a lottery might work, 1 entry per 1k gold or whatever; then random drawing from the entries

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Lottery

No one got out bid

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Umm... ok, I guess I have to respond to this, as I'm the only one that owns said unique moongates other than the deflated half-gate that is a 1/3.

Was there only two in existence? There was a guy that had one on Napa for years. A castle somewhere on ice isle, if I remember right. It's been awhile.

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Was there only two in existence? There was a guy that had one on Napa for years. A castle somewhere on ice isle, if I remember right. It's been awhile.
There are three unique gates all created by Mesanna at her events. The one you are talking about is from her Napa event. I own it now and it's displayed next to the others in my castle on Atlantic. The castle should be public. But, yes, we are talking about the same items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Here's a description of what we are talking about:
  • West: "Mesanna's Blood Donation Services" - no special effect
  • Middle: "Death Gate" - Teleports you to Brit Crossroads and says "Do not enter if you do not want to die!"
  • East: "My Pets Are Hungry, Join Us For Dinner!!!!" - Sparkles the first time you walk through then gives a message that the gate has already been used.
  • North: "Mesanna's Blood Donation Gate" - 1/3 non unique gate - no special effect
Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 10.40.28 PM.png

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a description of what we are talking about:
  • West: "Mesanna's Blood Donation Services" - no special effect
  • Middle: "Death Gate" - Teleports you to Brit Crossroads and says "Do not enter if you do not want to die!"
  • East: "My Pets Are Hungry, Join Us For Dinner!!!!" - Sparkles the first time you walk through then gives a message that the gate has already been used.
  • North: "Mesanna's Blood Donation Gate" - 1/3 non unique gate - no special effect
View attachment 62947
Where each of these gates droped at different events? did it drop in the pack or given out?

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
after seeing so many people that dislike me on here for my poor communication skills I will not return. I never talked bad about anyone in this site or held a grudge toward anyone. I didn't post confidential stuff about this site or try to bring it down. I was hoping a moderator would catch the negativity toward me. I can not type as well as others so I cant get my words across right sometimes so I give up. I have always tried my best to be a part of this community but I see I do not fit well in here. I have made many of you guys upset at me for communication reasons and other reasons. I apologize to you all. Last raresfest I was called out for ruining collections and now that I am searching for other people with items I desire again I am shut down for my efforts. The last item was a 15 plat offer on a knavery hole I thought I had it bought for 15 plat but since me and the person couldn't communicate on icq he could see my adding of him but still couldn't see my texts. clops stepped in and saif he wanted 17.5 plat for the hole I told him I would pass I asked nails to find me a hole and he found me clops hole for 15 plat . so I had ask nails to talk to clops about the gates because my efforts of buying the knavery hole fell through dealing withclops friend (who is now helping him sell his items) and he didn't offer his hole he had forsale to me the first time. soooooooo my logic was nails obviously has more pull with clops then me so please ask him for me and so nails did and he said that he didn't want 15 plat for it now he wanted 50 plat for it . so I posted this hoping to get a hold of someone that would have maybe 1 of the 4 for sale.

In no way have I every purposely went out of my way to hurt some one but it always seems to slap me in the face I do not communicate well especially typing. again I APOLIGIZE

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
after seeing so many people that dislike me on here for my poor communication skills I will not return. I never talked bad about anyone in this site or held a grudge toward anyone. I didn't post confidential stuff about this site or try to bring it down. I was hoping a moderator would catch the negativity toward me. I can not type as well as others so I cant get my words across right sometimes so I give up. I have always tried my best to be a part of this community but I see I do not fit well in here. I have made many of you guys upset at me for communication reasons and other reasons. I apologize to you all. Last raresfest I was called out for ruining collections and now that I am searching for other people with items I desire again I am shut down for my efforts. The last item was a 15 plat offer on a knavery hole I thought I had it bought for 15 plat but since me and the person couldn't communicate on icq he could see my adding of him but still couldn't see my texts. clops stepped in and saif he wanted 17.5 plat for the hole I told him I would pass I asked nails to find me a hole and he found me clops hole for 15 plat . so I had ask nails to talk to clops about the gates because my efforts of buying the knavery hole fell through dealing withclops friend (who is now helping him sell his items) and he didn't offer his hole he had forsale to me the first time. soooooooo my logic was nails obviously has more pull with clops then me so please ask him for me and so nails did and he said that he didn't want 15 plat for it now he wanted 50 plat for it . so I posted this hoping to get a hold of someone that would have maybe 1 of the 4 for sale.

In no way have I every purposely went out of my way to hurt some one but it always seems to slap me in the face I do not communicate well especially typing. again I APOLIGIZE
Don't take it to heart. It's the internet. Once someone says something negative or witty, it's like a feeding frenzy for anyone with an opinion! There is no need to defame. A simple response would have generated a simple conversation, but with an unneeded response came bashing a galore...

A simple lapse in understanding caused a sh** storm for you and everyone jumped on board...

We are better than that Rares Community...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

Wrong. You could have communicated with me here OR icq. All I heard is you saying you were trying to get a hold of me. I AM NOT hard to locate, especially when I was replying to YOUR thread. You could have bought the hole had you even PM'd me here or went through your friend who was icqing me. But that is not what this post is about. I have no hard feelings toward you. It didn't matter one way or another to me who bought the navrey hole.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread and the topic is a big insulting joke imo....im not sure why I'm even in here. :pirate:

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, this is a sad state of the union for the rares community.

I am certainly not taking sides or condemning anyone, but Ivester certainly seems to have an issue and is explaining the communication problem.

Some times, we need to have some compassion and not be so QUICK to judge and berate each other.

Now that Ivester has publicly told us he has a problem with typing, maybe that will appease those of you that are his retractors.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I've always had good conversations with my old friend Ivester. It's nice to check in every once in awhile and see what is going on.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure what the problem is, icq can be frustating at times especially if its phone version vrs comp version. or other programs. take pidgin for instance (i used it for about 2 months until i realized i was missing alot of messeges)

ive always had good dealings with ivestor, if we're both on deals ususually wrapped up in 2 mins or less.

Last edited:

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it seems the devs that took over really did something right one their end to keep paying active players... they fed the account hoarding crack addicts just enough crack to keep them addicted.. but wait, some crack addicts want what the other crack addict has. Maybe mesanna will break out her special wand and make you some gates ivester, try and keep what players are left in the game.