• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pause in my game

• Thread starter Paul the Samurai
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Paul the Samurai

I will not say who, where, or when, but a strange thing happened to me recently, and I would like to know if anyone is experiencing this as well.
1) I was fighting someone, I was not winning, but was not getting killed in 3 seconds either, then another one showed up from same group.
My screen froze, actually only I froze (not paralyzed mind you) and the other two were still moving, and then I was dead.
2) Later in the same 24hr period I ended up fighting one of the two one on one. I had him redlined, my screen froze again, and I was dead. Right after smooth play without any hints of lag.
3) About an hour later, I ended up engaging the same group by accident, this time there were three against me. I was playing the cat and mouse game trying to stay alive for a few minutes, then my screen froze and I was dead.
Now my connection is always very good, I always run fast and smooth. I had no problems what so ever the rest of the time that night, and each time this happened I was not within Luna walls, nor near any buildings. Each time it happened in the middle of an empty grass field. So is the UO world falling apart or is running too fast not the only problem on Siege.

G

Since the last patch, I can not go an hour of gameplay without crashing at least once. It is usually around the same enemies/areas, since I finght the same people a lot, on the same ground. I believe this is coincidence. There are some issues that need to be addressed by the developers.

I

imported_Krystal

when i run around seems like im always bumping into something like every 5-10 steps, but nothing is there:/ feels like when u run into an inviz person. its deff the game tho... not an inviz person....

I

imported_SavageSP

Yes , same thing, freezing, connection loss, rubberbanding on nothing at all, and mounting up on ethys popping you forward a step revealing you if you are hidden.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been sensing the same thing on both Pacific and Siege.

It's like running into a twig or something that is blocking you, only there's actually nothing there.

I've seen it on every character I've played today and last night.

I've also had a dozen or so client crashes and every one happened during a recall on Pac or a gate travel on Siege.

R

Ru Atl

yea, i've been having trouble to recently. running into something that aint there and not being able to move for a few seconds in any direction. i think there was a post on uhell about it the other day.

G

I use to ping in the 30-50 range, with 0 packet loss.
But lately I notice ALL North American shards ping 80-150
and packet loss in 30%-80%. All Asian shards ping around
150-200 with 0 packet loss.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

I've even noticed it on the test center. One other thing that may help everyone; Ive noticed that I am losing connect when there are multiple pets in battle and they either kill someone, or one of the pets themselves dies.

The big thing I've noticed is that it doesnt always affect everyone on screen. I would be curious to see if; when people have these huge lag spikes, are they living close together irl? In other words, are they sharing a server somewhere along line that the other's on screen aren't? I'm no pc expert but just trying to logic it out.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem last night as well. I was trying to walk from a house ourside of luna to luna bank. I froze every few seconds. Then, it did not happen to me for the rest of the night.

C

Calibretto

I get it alot too. Especially when someone gets dismounted out of animal form or dies in animal form.

G

well add my name to that list, ive noticed im locking up in addition to being slow.

P

Paul the Samurai

So I see there is a consensus, the world IS falling apart.

G

It's part of EA's master plan. Make 2d so buggy, KR starts to look good.

ps, this was said in jest. (at least partially)

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

I've been sensing the same thing on both Pacific and Siege.

It's like running into a twig or something that is blocking you, only there's actually nothing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been getting the same on Atlantic and Siege

I'm working on gathering wood and this is super annoying.

G

<blockquote><hr>

running into something that aint there and not being able to move for a few seconds in any direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I´ve been experiencing that both here and on Europa...

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I did some tests on my PC, and there seems to be a semi-periodic house
keeping being done on the shard's server.

Now, if you are doing something at that house keeping then the shard's server
will have priority over anything you do! Yes, this can get you killed. This shows
most of the time as small pauses in motion like running across the screen.
You can test this out yourself on your PC. Your PC is not the problem.
If fact, there may not be a problem.

The greater the activity on your screen at the time of the H-keeping I suppose
could cause a long series of packets from resolving. Remember, that when you
use a series of commands to your PC, it mindlessly tries to send them to the
server, but the server may cut off that series mid step and throw an Exception.
Oops, connection lost!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

when i run around seems like im always bumping into something like every 5-10 steps, but nothing is there:/ feels like when u run into an inviz person. its deff the game tho... not an inviz person....

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having this same thing happen to me too. It also happen to me in Atlantic Brit Tram. So it has to be something with the game.

G

Yep... good old rubber banding, as well as a lot of crashes with gate casting

A

Alvo

Its getting pretty bad now. My comp crashes at least 2 or 3 times a night. Almost makes you want to quit the game.

K

Kat SP

Definitely having issues with running into things that stop me, but nothing is there. Can't push through it, either. I'm also see the same problem Savage described with the ethy mounts. =/

G

I am getting it too, and I am very glad I am only doing deco when I log in these days, as it is all but unplayable with the freezes, I can't imagine trying to do PvM let alone PvP. Funny...I finally met up with someone in GIL last night to deliver some deco items, and as I was saying goodbye, and opened a gate, freeze, client crash...I log back in and I'm dead. Good old UO!

-Skylark

P

Paul the Samurai

<blockquote><hr>

I finally met up with someone in GIL last night to deliver some deco items, and as I was saying goodbye, and opened a gate, freeze, client crash...I log back in and I'm dead. Good old UO!

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

you know that is pretty funny, because I may spend sometimes an hour or so looking for anyone to fight., but if my computer crashes, it is a 100% guarantee that in 1minute someone will be there to kill me afk.

*grumbles* #%^%$@ stealth ninjas

G

I have not really had any new problems from crashing.
In fact I would say it has gotten less frequent in the last month for me.
The stuck on nothing there bit has been there though.
Years ago some equiptment got banned because believed to cause disconnects and such. Is it possible that something new like that is happening and maybe only certain peeps are using it by coincidence? Probably not but just a thought.