• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PATCHURDAY!!!...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Once I get settled in I'll work up some comparison shots. The terrain itself isn't very different overall, what differences I have seen are subtle, the key thing is how much better the zoom feature seems to be working across the board with terrain being the smoothest.

S

spitfire12

i just logged on test center. the terrain is NO DIFFERENT.
i dont know wtf theyre doing. maybe textures arent loaded and its not going live... but i logged on my char atlantic, then TC1. NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL

Kons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i just logged on test center. the terrain is NO DIFFERENT.
i dont know wtf theyre doing. maybe textures arent loaded and its not going live... but i logged on my char atlantic, then TC1. NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL
textures are not shard related... the improvement is in the client code :)
So to see the difference you should use first an older client and then the new one

S

spitfire12

i know its client side... but since i downloaded the patch, there is NO difference in terrain for me... i've had the high res terrain since i downloaded EC over a year ago.. i dont know what the **** they're doing with terrain..

the grass, and ground... has always been high res on my client.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know its client side... but since i downloaded the patch, there is NO difference in terrain for me... i've had the high res terrain since i downloaded EC over a year ago.. i dont know what the **** they're doing with terrain..

the grass, and ground... has always been high res on my client.
good eyes can notice it, also the improvement is just to get better results on deep zoom level...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The changes to the terrain are very subtle (with the exception of dungeon terrain which has a more tan/sand color than the blueish grey it used to have).

Grasslands are a bit more tame (again) and lower in terms of grass height
Cobblestone in towns is different mainly in stone placement (you really need side by side shots and a good eye for this one)
Underbrush is sharper overall
Water is lighter blue
Looks like flagstones are simply clearer and fit together a bit more smoothly

Also there seems to be a bit of an improvement across the board due to the Hues.UOP changes. Just a little color tweak here and there helps sharpen up details on a LOT of things.

Then the zoom factor which isn't really helpful to show screenshots, you have to test that one out in the client itself.

Here's a three way comparison of KR vs EC pre-Pub-73 vs EC Pub 73 for the grassland terrain:

Cobblestone pre-Pub-73:

Cobblestone Pub 73