• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patching

B

Brelyn

Ok so after multiple logins today i just tried to log in and the client (SA) starts to update... ALOT.....and at the end of it all i get a patch client error that the patch is corrupted [base/unpacked/0f5c332439b1bc2f] on the remote server..says to try the patch again but no matter how many times i try it still gives me this message..

So why the big patch and has anyone else run into trouble with this yet?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That sucks... happened to me on the new rig. The second time took.

B

Beer_Cayse

yup - looks like my 3rd try is gonna go right. Jeez.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, i had this problem too. After 3 times it worked. :)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patching now, and up to my third try. After reading this thread I know I might be able to get through - on the tenth...

Edit: Fourth try :)

U

uoBuoY

Locate your patch folder and delete any files in there. Reboot computer. Try again. Worked for me.

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been having patcher problems ever since I switched to Broadband. Looks like I'm getting more of the same...

*finds a little patcher turd in the patch folder, cleans it up, and gives the disobedient puppy a warning glance...*

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This patch worked first time for me (just a couple hours before server down), but I went to bed after waiting quite a while, so I don't know how long it took. Probably about 2 hours on my 2 year old desktop.

I downloaded the new SA 3d client on my smoking new (3 days old) laptop. It took less time for all 1.8 gig of data than the 330 meg of patch on the desktop.

I just started this patch on the laptop to compare DL times. I can see it will probably take 30-45 minutes. The laptop is an ASUS G71 with a quad core 2ghz, 6 meg of RAM, etc.