• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch Screen Issue - EC & CC

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever I start either client, it checks for patches, the Play Game button highlights, but the window freezes for 20+ seconds while the "News" window downloads. This started happening after the Chinese News article was added and still happens now. If I click on Start before the News downloads, nothing happens until the download finishes. I have a wired cable connection with 30+ MPS download speed.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You aren't the only one. I wondered why there was that lag thinking it was my cable connection. Now I know it isn't. That being said, it's not a game breaker, it just takes a few more seconds to log in...la

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive also had this problem when the japanese stuff started. i didnt want to post cause i felt too racist. the patch window usually crashes out 2 times and the third one goes through. i thought this was a problem on my end, glad to see its not just me and hopefully it can be looked into.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another having the same issue. At first I thought it was an Assist issue, but that is not it. I am still having a server name mismatch error through assist though.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Whenever I start either client, it checks for patches, ...
Create a new icon linked to the UOSA.exe file, rather than the patch file. Then just patch when you can no longer enter the game and get an error message.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Create a new icon linked to the UOSA.exe file, rather than the patch file. Then just patch when you can no longer enter the game and get an error message.
My shortcut to start a second client is for client.exe, which never gives me a problem if I'm patched up. UOA, though, automatically launches the patcher.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive had the same problem in both EC and CC. Sometimes it lags for 20 seconds sometimes it doesnt at all. Not sure what to think.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've become used to it, but it's very disconcerting giving people the impression the game is broken when they're trying to start it - needs to be fixed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unless there is a patch I've now learned to completely bypass the patch log-in screen. Takes WAY too long to load and yes hangs up and makes you think you broke it or something.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reminds me of the old 'Black Hole' days. You'd crash and on trying to re-enter, the logon screen would go black and the only way out was ctrl+alt+del and forcibly close it. At least this is only a delay.
And it did start shortly after the Japanese text started appearing.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same short delay here.. Was wondering about that.

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We have identified the issue and are working to get it resolved.

...and resolved.
This isn't the only game I have this issue with. I don't like taking up professional's time too much, but if it's easy to explain can you briefly let us know what caused it? Or if there's anything I can do as a user?

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was searching for this topic too, thinking it was my computer. The issue is still not resolved for me (as of 5 minutes ago). The screen is still just freezing/lagging/staying blank for anywhere from 30 seconds + to not moving at all.

...which makes me want to ask about the next issue - the lag. The the lag now is so horrific that I've given up trying to do menial tasks (like walk around my house) because it can take me close to two minutes just to walk up the stairs.

The step -lag- freeze for 30 seconds....wait...take another step...freeze... *rinse repeat* makes it not worth logging in at all. I'm sure eventually will make it not worth paying for it at all either - especially if it continues to take me 6 minutes to walk 8 tiles. Anyone else having -this- issue?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Bleak Have you found an resolved the issue that makes you freeze up and unable to do anything if you open a corpse?

I was at an EM event on Tuesday and thought you all had fixed the issue.... however while opening my own part of the corpse that worked fine... not too laggy but opening a corpse that had gone public was impossible... everytime I'd open one I'd lock up for 2 or 3 min then if anyone moved anything in there it'd close the corpse... then I'd opening it and again it'd lock up 2 or 3 min then again close if someone moved anything... This made it 100% impossible to loot a public corpse. EXTREMELY frustrating and IMO gamebreaking. As this basically means I can't loot anything which is something I rather enjoy .... Also having issues with gating and freezing up.

Oh and before I forget awesome job fixing the log in! It's great!

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak Have you found an resolved the issue that makes you freeze up and unable to do anything if you open a corpse?

I was at an EM event on Tuesday and thought you all had fixed the issue.... however while opening my own part of the corpse that worked fine... not too laggy but opening a corpse that had gone public was impossible... everytime I'd open one I'd lock up for 2 or 3 min then if anyone moved anything in there it'd close the corpse... then I'd opening it and again it'd lock up 2 or 3 min then again close if someone moved anything... This made it 100% impossible to loot a public corpse. EXTREMELY frustrating and IMO gamebreaking. As this basically means I can't loot anything which is something I rather enjoy .... Also having issues with gating and freezing up.
I have made more improvements to container windows with this latest patch which reduces the amount of update calls when opening containers. After you patch shoot me a message if are still having issues with more details.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have made more improvements to container windows with this latest patch which reduces the amount of update calls when opening containers. After you patch shoot me a message if are still having issues with more details.
Thank you. I'll let you know next time I'm off looting... For sure after next Tuesday.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Bleak I'm still also having issues with my skills tab not working. I keep the skill tracker open at all times and on several of my characters it's borked. I tried the fix that was poseted about it but everytime I log back in my skills are borked again. By that I mean that it only shows the top skill on my custom tab or the first skill in order... and then it is overlaying on top of the blurb about the custom skill menu... nothing I do will fix it beyond resetting the UI .... which of course messes me up totally but then after I do that it just gets borked again next time I log in.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak I'm still also having issues with my skills tab not working. I keep the skill tracker open at all times and on several of my characters it's borked. I tried the fix that was poseted about it but everytime I log back in my skills are borked again. By that I mean that it only shows the top skill on my custom tab or the first skill in order... and then it is overlaying on top of the blurb about the custom skill menu... nothing I do will fix it beyond resetting the UI .... which of course messes me up totally but then after I do that it just gets borked again next time I log in.
We have not been able to reproduce this issue yet. Can you send us a profile that this occurring on?