• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PATCH: Multiple filters in Mobiles/Enhancepack

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hi there,

Just wanna say that I totally love Pinco's UI.

Something that (in my eyes) is missing from it though is the possibility to filter mobiles/items with multiple names. For example in bedlam I want to focus on the named monsters (Red Death, Master xxx, Sir yyy, Lady zzz).

So I changed the 2 locations in Pinco's UI to be able to set a filter "red|master|sir|lady" and it will only show me those. Much easier for provo AND looting.

I used the pipe symbol as this is what's used in regular expressions for alternatives and I think its quite easy to pick up.

Changed in EnhancePack.CreateObjectHandles:
Code:
            if (ObjectHandleToggleWindow.CurrentFilter ~= "" and name and name ~= "" and name ~= L"") then
                local matchesFilter = false
                for filtrs in wstring.gmatch(ObjectHandleToggleWindow.CurrentFilter, L"[^|]+") do
                    if wstring.find(wstring.lower(name), wstring.lower(filtrs)) then
                        matchesFilter = true
                    end
                end

if not matchesFilter then
                    UnregisterWindowData(WindowData.ObjectInfo.Type, objectId)
                    continue
                end
            end
Changed in MobilesOnScreen.UpdateAnchors :
Code:
        if (MobilesOnScreen.STRFilter ~= "") then -- filter
            local matchesFilter = false

for filtrs in wstring.gmatch(MobilesOnScreen.STRFilter, L"[^|]+") do
                if wstring.find(wstring.lower(data.MobName), wstring.lower(filtrs)) then
                    matchesFilter = true
                end
            end

if not matchesFilter then
                MobilesOnScreen.RemoveHealthBar(mobileId)
                continue
            end
        end
Possible optimization would be if matchesFilter = true, then skip rest of for loop altogether, but I don't know Lua at all and dont know how one would do that. (jumps? break?)

Pinco: If you like the change please include it in your UI (this bit is public domain). That would be most awesome!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this request time ago, but I still on strike for lack of improvements on the client, so the UI will still in maintenance mode without additions :|

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I believe its the fact EC is still in beta, The fact they have not made much if any fixes/improvements additions or much of anything for that matter to make the EC live up to its potential!
Not to put words in pinco's mouth
But this is many peoples complaint at the moment

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hmm I agree. Is there a place where we all can send emails about the bugs so that they get a lot of feedback?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I agree. Is there a place where we all can send emails about the bugs so that they get a lot of feedback?
try to send a letter to santa, probably he could do something that ea cannot :p

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it is specific detailed client features then [email protected] and I will make sure Santa gets them.
The "Bug Tracking" section on Stratics is checked often as well.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
try to send a letter to santa, probably he could do something that ea cannot :p
Responses like this are not helpful at all.
I realize you feel like you have been ignored, The EC has been getting attention of late and we just received more features to add to what modders like yourself can achieve. You have done more than most for this community. And there is not a single person in the EC community who does not appreciate this.
But please try to help us maintain a positive community

Thank you, Storm EC Forum Moderator

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Responses like this are not helpful at all.
I realize you feel like you have been ignored, The EC has been getting attention of late and we just received more features to add to what modders like yourself can achieve. You have done more than most for this community. And there is not a single person in the EC community who does not appreciate this.
But please try to help us maintain a positive community

Thank you, Storm EC Forum Moderator
the meaning was that maybe you may see something under the xmas tree :p
besides now you can't consider every joke an insult :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kongomongo this looks like a great addition but how do I add this? It would be cool with the mobiles list, if the nearest enemy could be shown at the top of the list. Is this something that could be implemented?