• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch/mouse functionality help

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I have been busy at work and unable to find any specific answers.

Ever since the last main patch (pub 75 i guess? about 3 weeks ago) I have been unable to get my mouse to function correctly when using its buttons in conjunction with UOAssist macros.
I have tried running all programs as admin and that didnt help with attaching macros to specific mouse buttons.

I am also not sure if I have correctly patched the game in general as I still get the quick patch every time i log in. My UoAssist macros had to be reset the first time but on their own they seem to be working ok now.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The quick patch is just a checksum to make sure you are patched correctly (and should be very, very quick).

As far as your mouse issues, I have no help there for you, unfortunately. :(

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem after the last patch with Vista and a MS Intellimouse - UOAssist macros worked but weren't being triggered by the programmable mouse buttons. It turned out that Vista's User Account Control (UAC) was interfering with communication between the mouse and assist and commands sent by the mouse to UOAssist would just silently fail. Elevating UOAssist's privileges and therefore eliminating UAC from the process fixed the problem for me.

Search for 'Selectively disable UAC for your trusted Vista applications' and follow the directions in that article. The only thing I changed was not selecting an OS Compatibility Mode - I left that selected to 'None'.

Hopefully this helps in getting your mouse back in action.