• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Passive Training Gains

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like Tyrath I'm a big fan of using Dread Pirates to train my pets; however one problem is that if there are multiple pets attacking it you will often have to pull them off and wait for it to regen HP. While I was training a Frost Mite (one of the pets that will often jump a slot during training) I noticed that I was getting training gains from the pirate attacking my pet.

Since I've read that skill gain can cause the jump in control slots I figured this may be a way to circumvent the problem as the pet is not attacking, only being attacked. The gains are much slower than if the pet is actively attacking, but since the pet has below GM wrestling and isn't casting there isn't any possibility of skillgain - I'm also monitoring for any Dexterity gains.

I grabbed another Frost Mite to attack the pirate and train normally as a control (I expect it will jump a slot), will report back with my findings.

Update: Still gaining Dex unfortunately

Last edited:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adjusted both pets the same way - Active trainer stayed 3>5, Passive went 4>5. Back to the drawing board...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jumping slots is bad. But on a Frost Mite, that's just cruel. They are already underpowered.

I have also noticed pets gaining from damage. I recalled out of a battle and the pet had bleed on it and had a greatly gain in Luna.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before applying any upgrades I always train stats to 125 if they are lower. If slots increased - release.