• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Party help

J

Jonny

Hey mates, I could use some help if anyone can spare it.

I'm training my Archer/Swordsman/Bushido in the cemetary outside of Brit and I could use some help from anyone willing. My skill in those areas isn't very high and my young status has gone away. Typically I'm alright but the damn Shades are giving me a hard time.

So if you're new and wanna work with another newbie or if you just feel like killing time, hit me up on my AIM (JEPkanok). I'll be off and on all afternoon probably.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey mates, I could use some help if anyone can spare it.

I'm training my Archer/Swordsman/Bushido in the cemetary outside of Brit and I could use some help from anyone willing. My skill in those areas isn't very high and my young status has gone away. Typically I'm alright but the damn Shades are giving me a hard time.

So if you're new and wanna work with another newbie or if you just feel like killing time, hit me up on my AIM (JEPkanok). I'll be off and on all afternoon probably.
There is um plenty of information on these forums. And...that shiny search button at the top. Yeah, okay IT IS a little rusty looking.

Anyways, archer/swordsman? I wouldn't recommend making a disarm archer template until some experience under your belt. e.g. a More elementary template would do.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, it sounds like you are a new player so welcome to UO! Diomedes does have a point about your temp. If you are a new player making a good all around PvE'er you would probably be better of going with a straight archery/bushido temp.

Here is an easy temp.

120 archery (work up in scrolls if you can't afford a 120 off the bat. I.E 110, 115..)

120 bushido (Do same with scrolls)

100 healing
100 anatomy
100 resisting spells
100 tactics
60 chiv
That is based on a 700 skill cap.

That temp is a lot of fun and is good for dungeon crawling, peerless and even some pvp with the right armor and weaps.

As far as training in the graveyards that is a good idea but I would reccomend going to the Moonglow cemetary. You can stand outside the gate (in the NW corner I believe it is) and still target the monsters. You will still get hit but it will be a little easier to kill them. Also, your resisting spells will go up and you can train healing as well.

Once your archery and tactics reach 70 you can get yourself a golem and a 100 percent poison bow and train both of those as high as you want to go without having to worry about monsters flagging on you.
Anywho, hope this helps and good luck to you!

J

Jonny

First off, it sounds like you are a new player so welcome to UO! Diomedes does have a point about your temp. If you are a new player making a good all around PvE'er you would probably be better of going with a straight archery/bushido temp.

Here is an easy temp.

120 archery (work up in scrolls if you can't afford a 120 off the bat. I.E 110, 115..)

120 bushido (Do same with scrolls)

100 healing
100 anatomy
100 resisting spells
100 tactics
60 chiv
That is based on a 700 skill cap.

That temp is a lot of fun and is good for dungeon crawling, peerless and even some pvp with the right armor and weaps.

As far as training in the graveyards that is a good idea but I would reccomend going to the Moonglow cemetary. You can stand outside the gate (in the NW corner I believe it is) and still target the monsters. You will still get hit but it will be a little easier to kill them. Also, your resisting spells will go up and you can train healing as well.

Once your archery and tactics reach 70 you can get yourself a golem and a 100 percent poison bow and train both of those as high as you want to go without having to worry about monsters flagging on you.
Anywho, hope this helps and good luck to you!
What do you mean by training with scrolls? The only reason I have swordsman on my temp (it was originally just an archer) is because I found out that I couldn't parry with archery so it was next to impossible to train Bushido (since I can only buy up to about 30 skill and that means I have Honorable Kill [useless] and Courage [which is good but requires me to able to parry]). So basically, when I want to train my Bushido I use swords.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean by training with scrolls? The only reason I have swordsman on my temp (it was originally just an archer) is because I found out that I couldn't parry with archery so it was next to impossible to train Bushido (since I can only buy up to about 30 skill and that means I have Honorable Kill [useless] and Courage [which is good but requires me to able to parry]). So basically, when I want to train my Bushido I use swords.
I think what Tiny Dancer meant was depending on how big your wallet is (how much gold you have), that will basically dictate what skill level you work up to. e.g. If you REALLY do not have a lot of funds, then get a 110 scroll for each applicable skill needed over 100. If you have enough for a 115 scroll then, get 115's. If you are a big money grip and can afford 120's, then hey, get 120's for applicable skill.

If you don't have much and need help, I can help you out. Just let me know.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was uber cheeky man, I tought I wuz ze magnificado ; I stand humbled.

I tought you actually could parry with archery but less ?¿ if it only takes twice as long to get to ideal skills it just means twice the fun ! :D

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was uber cheeky man, I tought I wuz ze magnificado ; I stand humbled.

I tought you actually could parry with archery but less ?¿ if it only takes twice as long to get to ideal skills it just means twice the fun ! :D
? No...parry is related to a melee skill. People use archery with another weapon skill in a template for a disarm archer template.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then start with swords and learn bushido until at desired lever, then become an archer ? :) But bushido isn't that good without parry...:danceb:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then start with swords and learn bushido until at desired lever, then become an archer ? :) But bushido isn't that good without parry...:danceb:
HUH? Hmmm, well if you are a veteran player, you start with swords while gaining in bushido. Stone swords then work on archery. It's not really ideal to work on two weapon skills at the same time. Not to mention, it's impractical.

For a new player without knowledge on tactics, macro swaps, not to mention arrows burning a hole in your pocket...it's not a good strategy.

J

Jonny

I was actually told that I could use Archery and Bushido at the same time without Bushido. I already got my Bushido into the 50s and I'm working on breaking 70 with Archery and Tactics.

Starting to run dry on gold though so I might have to stop that for a while and start back to training my lumber jacking and bow fetching to give myself some finances. Probably a good thing to since all of my bows are picked up outside of the bank in Brit... I don't have the skill necessary to repair them so this I need to work on also.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was actually told that I could use Archery and Bushido at the same time without Bushido.
I'm sorry, but what are you trying to say here? That you can train archery and swords at the same time? I didn't ever state that it could not be done, I just said it's impractical. Why would you want to shoot a couple of arrows and then switch out to use a rune blade or something like that?

I suggested to start with the dexxing skill first because as a new player:

A. You can easily make money
B. You don't have to worry about (gee....where am I going to get arrows from). Not that this is a complicated prospect mind you, but it's time consuming if you are trying to quickly train up a skill.
C. You will already have enough money then to either 1. work on making a fletcher to make all your own materials or 2. buy enough arrows to do what you need as far as training.

J

Jonny

I'm sorry, but what are you trying to say here? That you can train archery and swords at the same time? I didn't ever state that it could not be done, I just said it's impractical. Why would you want to shoot a couple of arrows and then switch out to use a rune blade or something like that?

I suggested to start with the dexxing skill first because as a new player:

A. You can easily make money
B. You don't have to worry about (gee....where am I going to get arrows from). Not that this is a complicated prospect mind you, but it's time consuming if you are trying to quickly train up a skill.
C. You will already have enough money then to either 1. work on making a fletcher to make all your own materials or 2. buy enough arrows to do what you need as far as training.
I'm sorry, that was me not paying attention to what I was typing. I meant to say that I could use Archery and Bushido together without swords. That was my mistake.

R

RichDC

I'm sorry, that was me not paying attention to what I was typing. I meant to say that I could use Archery and Bushido together without swords. That was my mistake.
My advise, play the game how you enjoy it. The other posters although they have given some good advice, at the end of the day its how you enjoy playing/raising skill.

You can always raise your lumber and then kill some chickens for feathers and make your own arrows...when you get board(get it :p) go and train archery again, collecting gold and the odd...very odd item, then when you run out of arrows switch to swords and raise that.

Btw, bushido doesnt require parry to raise, just casting the spell will be sufficient. Once you hit 60 you can just use lightning strike all the way to 120(eventually)

Maybe go back to haven though and pick on the spellbinders...they give average gold and do little damage while raising resist spells.