• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Parry Question

Avorion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been away from the game for many years and have started back up again. Working on a basic warrior right now including parrying. It seems they have recently changed the way parry works, and much of the information around is conflicting.

My question is, does the type of shield you use still affect your chance to block? It looks to me like choosing different shields now just comes down to looks, durability and magic stats.

This Stratics page is one of the reasons I think that: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/parrying.php It calculates chance to block without knowing what kind of shield.

Thanks...

C

Connor_Graham

There is no specific shield for Parry. Any will do, unless you have Bushido, then you don't want a shield at all.

Avorion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no specific shield for Parry. Any will do, unless you have Bushido, then you don't want a shield at all.
Thanks, Connor. That's what I was suspecting, and I am glad. It's cool to be able to pick different shields without always having to go with the one that's "best".

And as far as Bushido, I picked up the newbie quest for it in New Haven because I wanted the sword it offered, not knowing it hurt my chance to parry. Then I was using the Stratics parry calculator and found out that while I should have been parrying at about 30%, I was only hitting 10% because of my Bushido. So Bushido is now on its way down.