• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Parry Mastery/70 DCI Samuria

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried a 120 Busido/120 Parry lvl 3 Heighten Senses 70 DCI Samuria Build? Outside of combat it's about dam near impossible to keep Heighten Sense up. Even with 120 Meditation/120 Focus running Wraith form in combat it's hard to keep it up. HS Cost is 10 mana every 3 seconds,

Does anyone have a working Build based on the above Criteria? How well does it survive in PvM? and PvP? I would do this on test, but I don't think there is a command for Refinements.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Haven't done the warrior side of what you're asking, but 10 mps shouldn't be hard to achieve.

Pretty sure someone tested a while ago which was better refining for DCI or resists and resists were better pretty much every time.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probable need Hit Lower Attack to. I looked at it as a 3 Layer defense vs melee. Hit Lower Attack and Your Weapon skill vs theirs. Second Layer would be DCI. Third would be a 52% chance to party with Heighten Sense stacked with Bushido/Parry. Not much for vs spell casters.

I just like to think of new builds. Their not always practical.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm with you on the premise, you've taken a thing and looked to maximise it, I've not really looked at HS to know how it works.

Is there a particular encounter you're intending this for?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heighten Sense at the cost of 10 mana/3 seconds boost your parry ability by 12%. Which could boost counter attack if you don't go the DCI route. I just wanted to see how well a defensive warrior would do to Peerless and the roof top. Trying to see if there is a way to build a Samurai on par with Sampire or Dragoone,

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have tested parry before and it works fine in some encounters. Other encounters it is pretty useless. I had 120 parry + 120 bushido (40% parry chance) when I fought Dreadhorn and activated counter attack, the buff occasionally did nothing until it expired, which meant I never parried.

Against other mobs like Ozy or Blackthorn Captains, I definitely notice I parry more and CA actually activates regularly.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
You may not have parried much because the dci, though right? I think if you wanted to try this type of play style out, you might be best for without the 70% dci in there. Instead being able to get more heals out of confidence parries and more extra hits out of parrying with counter attack.

Maybe you could hit heighten senses when you pop an evasion, but that already gives you a pretty amazing defense increase, anyway. in any case evasion would work well as caster defense, too, though. Maybe put ninja on there for mirror images, if you're really trying to deviate strongly from the standard samp?