• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Paroxysmus request

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am offering a request... I am no one of any great imporantance.... I have been playing Ultima Online for many years now, and I have a small list of things I'd like to do before well........ i die. One of them is going after and killing the peerless boss "Chief Paroxysmus" . I honestly have no experience at taking on this monster, and I'm asking anyone that has at least some experience to "show me the ropes" on how to do so.

I always try my very best to help anyone i can in Ultima Online. I'm not the "most amazing" player in the world, but i do what i can to help others along. I'd really like to experience what it's like, at least once........ to take this guy on.

I have no real time line here, so......... tell me when and if you'd be willing to help me?

In advance............. thank you.

-The fart guy
*a.k.a. = Hagrid*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I do not play Cats, but before you even get to being able to hit Paroxy there are three other smaller but tough critters you have to kill off while running from them all. Once you can actually jump on Paroxy the best strategy is archery hit and run... a LOT. Play peek-a-boo with him around the steps that is in his lair. It is best if you have someone there who can almost constantly cast arch cure on you. I have not tried him on a sampire to see if the Vamp Form combats his poison attack, but I kinda doubt it does. Make sure the folks that are with you do not have pets and make sure they do not cast any summons... he will "eat" both of those and be at full health even if he was redlined and down to 150 hp's.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure if it will help, but here's a video tutorial I made of Chief a couple months ago. Requires a standard sampire build and a bard.

P.S. You can make the video full screen and change the resolution to the highest via the little gear looking thing on the you tube display.

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also I'll record a new video soon. I found a much faster way to kill him with peace masters and a updated high mana leech weapon =)

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I'll record a new video soon. I found a much faster way to kill him with peace masters and a updated high mana leech weapon =)

I'm surprised you found my post. I actually watched your video Giggles BEFORE i made my post. I was amazed that you basically solo'd the chief. I play on the old client, that would be the biggest difference.... i'm so limited when i can play online these days, but I really, really would just at least once like to see the monster face to face. I kinda have my own personal scrapbook of me standing next to every peerless/champ boss and the like, both alive and dead. For some reason, the chief is one that not many step up to the plate to help me with.

From what I hear though getting the keys is maybe possibly even more difficult than the boss? I guess I should read up more on these bosses?

Thank you all for replying. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly the client has nothing to do with it. There isn't anything in the EC that helps me kill peerlesses. I just prefer how the EC looks and feels. I was still killing him with the same build on the classic client as well =).

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly hate the way the new clients graphically represents the character models. They do not look natural at all. Its the only reason I still use the the old client, unless there is a way to use the old character models in it.

~ Sue.