• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paperdoll art

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any chance the Male paperdoll art could be changed. The female is nice, standing straight, etc etc. The male looks like a hunched over old man... Just my .02$

While we are at it, is there a way to make the icons in the inventory grid larger? I would love to use the backpack but the functionality of it is junk o.0

C

Calyndrell

I couldn't agree more.

Although i understand its supposed to be a fighting crouch it all looks wrong not only that but the faces are... erm ugly or too anime. And shields. I know they are supposed to be a certain size but there is something fundamentally wrong with their perspective (unless this all changed from kr)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone know if there is a specific place you can send things, like a change request email... i won't use the uo.com feedback thing, as i never know if they get it or anything lol.

I'm sort of surprised the issue of the hunched over paperdoll hasn't been brought up before. Sure it might sorta be a fighting stance, but why would a crafter, or a mage be in that fighting stance...

F

Fink

I'm sort of surprised the issue of the hunched over paperdoll hasn't been brought up before.
Believe us, it has been brought up before, time and time again. Still nothing is done about it. They did a fix during KR for the female paperdoll as it had the same geriatric stance and there was widespread complaint, but the male has never been redrawn. I would say at least half of my male characters do not suit an "alert crouch" stance, and the ones that do would certainly be more warlike and less doddering than that paperdoll.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been brought up, repeatedly, vehemently and so far fruitlessly.
At the moment I believe the emphasis is on function more than appearance, get it working properly, or at least acceptably close, then think about appearance. Or at least I hope that's why our many, many appeals appear so far to have fallen on deaf ears.

L

Lord Urza

If the paperdolls are anything like KR's then my interest in this enhanced client will be extreamly short.
I remember the hunch the male paperdoll had, the paperdolls in KR all around made the client of no interest to me which was ashamed since i loved the UI.
I just wanted the KR UI with 100% 2d client art. paperdolls, items, everything. no art that wasnt used in the original client, unless for new items. that would be a client i could sink my teeth into.
I havnt used to enhanced client yet at all, but i allready have the feeling im just gunna be sticking to the classic client, but i hope not!

F

Fink

If the paperdolls are anything like KR's then my interest in this enhanced client will be extreamly short.
I remember the hunch the male paperdoll had, the paperdolls in KR all around made the client of no interest to me which was ashamed since i loved the UI.
I just wanted the KR UI with 100% 2d client art. paperdolls, items, everything. no art that wasnt used in the original client, unless for new items. that would be a client i could sink my teeth into.
I havnt used to enhanced client yet at all, but i allready have the feeling im just gunna be sticking to the classic client, but i hope not!
From a graphics standpoint, the Enhanced client is much more clearly defined and laid out than KR. It would seem to be much more artist-friendly, with little guesswork involved. We should see some nice skins coming out from the player community, so I don't doubt a "Classic" skin will be shortly available.