• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Panda Race?

Do you want a Panda Race?

• No

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, wouldn't the top one be a PvPer, according to that documentary on the founding of New Jersey from Robot Chicken?

Alacres

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a thought - what if this panda idea was actually a "genuine" concept by the dev team, and they did it before April 1st to gauge the reaction to it? Then, if people actually seemed to like the idea, they could be like, "Check the date, we're being serious about this." and if it was unanimously hated, they could say, "Check the date, it was obviously an early April Fool's joke."

An opportunity for experimentation like that literally comes around only once a year :D.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess years of using my avatar pic has finally gotten the message through to the Devs..... yeah um yeah

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmmmm, pandas like this?

or this?

So hard to decide.....
Black and white is the colour for pandas, so obviously the second.
That's my only reason for choosing that one.
Really.

W

Woodsman

Here's a thought - what if this panda idea was actually a "genuine" concept by the dev team, and they did it before April 1st to gauge the reaction to it? Then, if people actually seemed to like the idea, they could be like, "Check the date, we're being serious about this." and if it was unanimously hated, they could say, "Check the date, it was obviously an early April Fool's joke."

An opportunity for experimentation like that literally comes around only once a year :D.
It is funny to think about. All of the people who have pushed for orcs as a playable race since elves came out would be pissed.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
go dwarfs or go home!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with you, but I wouldn't exactly call UO a legitimate competitor to that other game :p.

Completely different strokes for completely different folks.
There's also the fact that UO has about 1/10 of the number of players WoW has, at best.

hon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey if they give a extra slot just for a panada or a goat let them do what ever they want, I dont care what they do as long as they understand what they are doing and how it would change the world of uo.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally! They are implementing the fuzzies race from Ultima 3! Of course I always thought fuzzies were ewoks, but I suppose they could be pandas too. ;)

Oh and their panda samurai helmet should've had the UO insignia on it! ;)

Thirdly, if they do implement this, I can roleplay a carebear from Trammel. :D

S

Sevin0oo0

Finally! They are implementing the fuzzies race from Ultima 3! Of course I always thought fuzzies were ewoks, but I suppose they could be pandas too. ;)
/this - thank you
it's been suggested about Exodus being back, coinciding Again with the 'awakening' of the Fuzzies - awakening/sleeping/hibernation/

S

Sevin0oo0

It must be an April fools joke, if not I quit FOREVER
For all those saying that, I can haz your stuff?

but i seem to remember something similar, many years ago,
something many people liked and wanted.
something too good to be true
something that was just a jest

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandas ......... I think someone at Mythic let the cat out of the bag too soon for april fools day leg puller...

Wow has the pandas and I seriously think if we got that kind in the works Bliz would sue EA for copywrite infringment....... or some such for idea theft.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, Oriental is not the preferred nomenclature, Asian please.
Sorry, but my preferred word is Occidental not dude or North American:) I have always used Oriental and will continue to do so, for I do not recognize you as the official spokesman for Pan-Asia:) It may be "your" preference to be called Asian and I will honor that, but not when speaking in general.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAHAHAHA PANDAREN FROM WOW IN UO!? THIS GAME... Never...Mind.. *Nothing Else To Do On THIS UO* And I just Activated my Acct to see what's up. I should not have.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes I wish there was a Dislike option...

other than that, well played Harlequin. I call your raise.

:bowdown::mylittlepony::thumbup:

L

lupushor

So when some demand colored pets, they decide to make a black and white race? How is this for a statement?

Anyway, I do not like Pandas. I WANT KOALAS !!!! They are the perfect race for banksitting!

S

Stig

Pandas LOLOLOL , and write how ya like.................................................

Zoeydamnies

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Only if we can dye the fur pink . . . and ride the flying elephants, silly. Flying elephants as a race . . sheesh!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A pic and a couple of thoughts:

Just sayin......

:p

C

Conrad

SOME of us protested just as loudly when Samurai and Ninjas were added to the game (at the behest of Japanese players). I think Richard Garriot literally blew a gasket and required extensive medical attention. As a result, his body guards have strict orders to kill Ninjas and Samurai on sight (keep that in mind CosPlayers!).

Now, there are more people in China playing WoW then anywhere else in the world combined. The same thing that is happening in WoW with Pandaria already happened in UO with Samurai Empire.

:flame:

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Eddie. If you don't care for Pandas, noone is forcing you to play one. Same thing goes for Ninjas and Samurais and everything else. I'm sure it was (is) a joke but anything that adds to the game is good for everyone. Even if one person enjoys playing a panda, that is one person entertained a lil more and one person who is keeping this game going. That is what drove this game into the ground...People are so worried about what others are doing/getting instead of just concentrating on why they play the game.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Eddie. If you don't care for Pandas, noone is forcing you to play one. Same thing goes for Ninjas and Samurais and everything else. I'm sure it was (is) a joke but anything that adds to the game is good for everyone. Even if one person enjoys playing a panda, that is one person entertained a lil more and one person who is keeping this game going. That is what drove this game into the ground...People are so worried about what others are doing/getting instead of just concentrating on why they play the game.
I can understand this sentiment, however...

I think of UO as a very distinct environment derived from the Ultima games worlds. Allowing differences dilutes the experience for a lot of the playerbase.

While the mechanics of gameplay could be the same, the environment would change. The devs could allow me to be a Transformer if they wanted to, Throwing for lasers, car mode for mounted, etc. Some would think that is cool...But it would not be Ultima.

You just don't expect Batman or Captain Kirk to help out the rebel alliance.

batmanlightsaber1.jpg
cptkirkvader.jpg

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey as long as it is not being shoved down my throat i'm all for batman and transformers. Whatever keeps this game going and draws players in. The problem now is this game only appeals to hardcore fans and such. Either they keep it fresh and exciting enough to entice the masses or they stick to those old fans (who are slowly but surely growing out of this game).

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dammit no one told me there would be points. This is so unfair. The dev team should really let us know if there's going to be points. I bet whoever typed "paroxyms" knew ahead of time there would be points. I bet they have you on ICQ and you are friends with them on Facebook. I'm very angry. I am going to close my 47 accounts because of this.
Stupid points. Terrible idea.
ROFL!

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)