• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paladin - The damage doesn't equal to what's on the status bar, why?

Jazzer

Adventurer
I have a Paladin with 120 Anat, Par, Sword, Tac, 100 Res and 90 in Chiv and Healing. Their HC=45, DH=45, LMC=45, SS=40-60 and Dam=100 with 134 Str, 168 Stam and 71 Mana without pots. My damage states that I would do 54-70 hit points of damage.

The Character uses a Longsword with Shield and usually has either a slayer talisman (Cameo) or a slayer weapon or both. I came across a non-slayer Legendary longsword that had some good stats that I was going to use for the non-slayer monsters. Anyway, when I use the weapon (I went to Haven mines and attacked earth elementals with 30%-35% Physical Resist) I was getting 35-45 hit points of damage. This is not even close to the 54-70 hit points that I should be getting. What am I doing wrong?! Is this normal? If so, why does the status bar say 54-70 damage when I use a long sword? Same type of damage against mombats and a cows (I was checking physical resist damage). Sure enough, when I went back to using the slayer weapons with and without the talisman I get the 2x or 3x of the same damage numbers. I feel like a dumb-arse for not noticing this before.

Hopefully this is clear, thanks for help!

Jazzer

Adventurer
54-70 Base damage No Damage Modifiers
35% Physical Resist So you only do 65% of your damage.
65% of 54-70 = 35-45 Damage.
I should have done my own math, Thx. I was so used to seeing the damage numbers from the slayers I just freaked out, lol. I was used to hitting just once with the slayer sword and talisman and getting the job done instead of swinging 2-3 times and sometimes missing. Just goes to show you how important slayers are.
Thanks for your response.