• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paladin temp

B

Banner

hey folks jus wandering if this would be a good temp for a Paladin/

Chivalry
Focus
Anatomy
Tactics
Sword
Healing
Resist

Just a little feed back would be good thx :sword:

N

Nenime

Focus is basically for regaining Stamina. As there are some Artis with good Stamina Reg (or -leech), it is not really necessary. It helps to build a new Char though untill you find the right gear.
If you want it for Mana Reg, Meditaion is the better choice - if all of your armor is mediable. The Mana Reg rate of Focus is only half of the Stam Reg and only usefull if you can't yet replace your non-mediable armor.

Yes, you will need Parry for a melee fighter. If you insist having Focus, you may drop Resist for it.

Aside this, it is a pretty solid template and you can do very well with it, unless you want to try Peerless Hunts or Doom or such insane things. If you do, take along another Dexxer (min. 120) for cross-healing. The tougher the monsters you go for, the more properties your gear must have.

S

Salty Pete

My paladin has this template:

Swords
Anat
Tactics
Parry
Bushido
Chiv
Resist

I have found that this template is pretty decent for most PvE. I am most likely going to be dropping resist for necro once I get my karma up to a decent level. Resist seems to be a skill that is fairly easily replaced by better items.

L

Lady_Mina

The Sampire templates discussed in the other thread are quite intresting aswell.

I'm reskilling my warrior to a Sampire :)

B

Banner

Question??? what is the skill Bushido used for??? I mean the pro's and the con's of having it on a Paladin

S

Salty Pete

Question??? what is the skill Bushido used for??? I mean the pro's and the con's of having it on a Paladin
When you use two handed weapons you get the benefits of parry. Also, there are some great specials that work well with the chiv specials to give you greater attack and defense.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you use two handed weapons you get the benefits of parry. Also, there are some great specials that work well with the chiv specials to give you greater attack and defense.

You need Parry to parry lol.
The benefit of bushido is
1. The use of Perfection on monsters giving you more damage.
2. Lightning strike - Another good damaging blow
3. Confidence - A quick way to heal while being toe to toe with a monster.

N

Nenime

Banner, like the other said it's mainly the higher hit- and parry chance and the additional damage output what makes this skill so interesting. To get an overview you may look at the Stratic Bushido page or at UO Guide. I have Bushido on my Archer and my Pally and I'm very happy with it.
The biggest con for a melee fighter is of course that you can't use a shield (you could but it would make no sense). The properties of Aegis or Vesper Order Shield are hard to replace. Besides this, you have another Mana-consuming skill which can be an issue if you don't have Mana Leech on your Weapon. The mere number of skills are a problem too. If you go for high damage output you probably have to drop Healing, Focus or any other non-primary-damaging skills. Then again you have to find an effective way of life leeching - which e.g. can be the Necro vampire form.