• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

painting

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've entitled this "Portrait of a Blind Elf"

never had this happen before, is it common and I just don't have the elf out often enough to notice? he was sneakin' along just fine and then bam! the lights go out

C

Connor_Graham

I've had that happen repeatedly with Connor. It seems to be triggered by either having a Night Sight item on an elf, or from going to Fel and back to Tram. Once the UO day becomes night, the night sight goes wacky. If it's a Night Sight item all you have to do is unequip then re-equip the item and you'll return to normal. If it's a Fel thing, there doesn't seem to be anything other than restarting your computer to fix it. At least nothing else that I've found to work, unless you want to carry around a Night Sight ring or something to equip then remove. I haven't tried that but logic says it should probably work.

I

Infiniti

It happens to my elf all the time with or without night sight armor/jewelry. I never go to fell with my elf. It's very annoying especially when in the heat of battle.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*laughs wickedly*......... You are all weak and poor excuses for elves!...... (Sorry but the Drow in me could not resist!)......

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not managed to consistently reproduce it, but I think there's something that can happen when something in the game changes the light levels (such as moving between a lit and unlit area) ... possibly some glitch in the timing of messages sent from the server, but that's pure speculation.