• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pacific Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess there is a new TEMP MOD in town...

I would like to throw my name in the hat... Allow me to list some accomplishments.

I am into both PVP and PVM, I am a DJ on WHispering Rose radio.

I have built from scratch almost every pvp and PVM character you can have.

I have played for 10-12 years overall.

I have 17 accounts.

I am BEYOND fair in every aspect, and can make this Pac page more active and fun in a mature manner.

I have dealt with being the "boss" (so to speak) and babysitter, all my life, and am not aftraid to get to the bottom of a problem to solve it.

I have a good mind who should be a Pac reporter, a man that I have known about 8 years... Velvathos.

I am probably the best crafter on Pac.

I have well over 3.7 billion LEGAL gold on Pac and various shards spread throughout 17 accounts.

I would LOVE this chance to give back to Pac, Stratics, and UO what they have given to me... FUN!

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will throw in my hat too, here's why.

I've built some chars

I've ran some guilds

I die a lot..and I avoid death occasionally.

Probably the 2nd best crafter on pac.

Loves pvp, pvm, long walks on Nujel'm beaches.

Have 18 accounts.

Not worried about deleting/pointing silly posts which do not belong.

Have been posting on forums and playing UO since I was 4 years old.

And I generally rock at UO and am not Tesla. (sorry but the people of Pacific deserve two choices!)

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is that I don't know HTML... :(

Personally I think Sablestorm should become our Pacific Reporter..

I have 2 accounts, .. (how the hell do you guys afford 20 accounts?)

Been playing around 8 years overall

I have around 3 million right now

I do PvM, PvP and I am a full-time Roleplayer

I love writing fiction and storytelling, but if I was a reporter, I don't just want you to hear mine, I would want to hear yours.

I currently run 4 RP guilds and have ran some other guilds (KoE, KRR) and some more.

Mi ib da klerggoth(War Chieften) ob da urkz agh mi ib gun'ah mayk lat oomiez intu buutz!! Har, har, har!! Nau gib Xug'Klerg uuk lat shineeze agh tribuutz, ur lat ib gun'ah git klomped!!

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*takes notes*

I remember Sable from New Players, but he's have to say he's interested.

Anyway, I can stay here as long as it takes, but the long term solution should be "local".

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*adds her two cents* If Sable wanted the reporter position, he'd be a shoe-in, in my opinion.

Vel, just because you don't know html, doesn't mean you can't be a reporter. You can always take the time to learn the basic tag commands or make a list of those you need to reference. Even if you don't become a reporter, there is nothing stopping you from submitting stories and I'm sure they will format and put them up.

Good luck to those in the running for moderators. *grins* It's a very tough job and be prepared to have to deal with people who can't understand that your moderation and in-game are entirely separate. I'm speaking from experience on this one. *grins*

Assia Penryn
Past Stratics Admin and ...
...Pacific Moderator, Reporter and Shard News Manager.

B

Balian of Asgard

hi assia, nice to see you again, you starting up again?

S

ShaunOfPac

Here are MY Qualifications:

I'm IRL friends with the current mod (Sheridan)

I've been on stratics since 2000 for BS reasons(My old account is banned, thekronos)

I win.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Local? I am from Haven... ;)

Real Life, Sacramento Cali.

If Shaun wins, people will leave from my understanding. I think the guy is cool... but that's only cause I have the same ego he does... Only mine isn't as young and is in complete check at all times... (Thanks to my wife and son).

B

Balian of Asgard

Post the open MOD position on EBAY and the highest bid wins!!!!!

I nominate Connor, mebbe we can get some pvp into his porfolio!!!

S

ShaunOfPac

Local? I am from Haven... ;)

Real Life, Sacramento Cali.

If Shaun wins, people will leave from my understanding. I think the guy is cool... but that's only cause I have the same ego he does... Only mine isn't as young and is in complete check at all times... (Thanks to my wife and son).

ROFL who would leave? You waffles love me :heart: :hug:

S

SUPRsalad

I support Pink Floyd, and NOT just because Im in his guild.
I have several reasons. Namely,The fact that Pink would never say the following about himself should be enough for anyone to see the distinction between he and his rival (lord tesla):

1. Hes a 'normal' player that most people have an easy time relating with..
i.e. he doesn't own multiple properties irl, he works a normal job, pays normal
bills, can't afford 75 accounts like 'Lord' Tesla, but devotes more time and energy to this shard than anyone I've known.

2. The key difference between the two candidates can be summarized by the following statement: Over the years, Pink Floyd has probably cumulatively possessed just as much legitimate gold as his rival, and spent it in large part, to equipping other/new players, and has never ONCE mentioned it, or asked for thanks.

3. Unlike his opponent, Pink has the ability to relate to anyone and everyone. Its a safe bet that most of the pvp community knows him by his first name, (rival guilds included) whereas, most of the pvp community knows Tesla as 'that rich guy that has the radio show that never actually plays pacific, unless to further enhance his own wealth, and then talk about it'.

4. Pink has the ability to reach across political lines. The man has many friends in many disparate places including the pvp,pvm,rp communities. Such is the reason his guild has been a success.

5. Those that know him (in vent or teamspeak) use terms like 'laid back' or 'easy going' to describe him. Terms such as 'high-strung' 'crazy' or 'pathological liar' have been used to describe Tesla.

6. Pink is naturally humorous, whereas his opponent has to try very hard at it.

7. Pink is pink, and Tesla.. Well, hes Tesla.. Two very famous players, for very different reasons. I can't, with all my effort, think of two candidates who are more different from each other. These two are polar opposites.

The choice is very clear for me.

People of Pacific: Stand behind what you KNOW is right!

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I support Pink Floyd, and NOT just because Im in his guild.
I have several reasons. Namely,The fact that Pink would never say the following about himself should be enough for anyone to see the distinction between he and his rival (lord tesla):

1. Hes a 'normal' player that most people have an easy time relating with..
i.e. he doesn't own multiple properties irl, he works a normal job, pays normal
bills, can't afford 75 accounts like 'Lord' Tesla, but devotes more time and energy to this shard than anyone I've known.

2. The key difference between the two candidates can be summarized by the following statement: Over the years, Pink Floyd has probably cumulatively possessed just as much legitimate gold as his rival, and spent it in large part, to equipping other/new players, and has never ONCE mentioned it, or asked for thanks.

3. Unlike his opponent, Pink has the ability to relate to anyone and everyone. Its a safe bet that most of the pvp community knows him by his first name, (rival guilds included) whereas, most of the pvp community knows Tesla as 'that rich guy that has the radio show that never actually plays pacific, unless to further enhance his own wealth, and then talk about it'.

4. Pink has the ability to reach across political lines. The man has many friends in many disparate places including the pvp,pvm,rp communities. Such is the reason his guild has been a success.

5. Those that know him (in vent or teamspeak) use terms like 'laid back' or 'easy going' to describe him. Terms such as 'high-strung' 'crazy' or 'pathological liar' have been used to describe Tesla.

6. Pink is naturally humorous, whereas his opponent has to try very hard at it.

7. Pink is pink, and Tesla.. Well, hes Tesla.. Two very famous players, for very different reasons. I can't, with all my effort, think of two candidates who are more different from each other. These two are polar opposites.

The choice is very clear for me.

People of Pacific: Stand behind what you KNOW is right!
There is NO DOUBT, that I may not be the most liked person on Pac at one time.

But I have bled this shard since day one, I played this game on Dial up for 8 years!

The people that have called me a "Pathological liar, and High Strung, and all that"... Are (Oh no dare I mention) MOSTLY Sag and Hargon, and anyone involved with them. They can't cope with the fact that someone works hard in game and real life, and raises (soon to be two) boys. Bow you may say that it's other people that say it too... But again, those who can't cope with some who makes it in life, cause they lack for some reason.

Pink is a good guys, I have talked to him before, and him and I get along fine. NOTHING against him.

Sadly the people that support me, do not get on stratics, so this looks like a HUGE once sided love affair.

And over my 10-12 years playing, you have no clue how many people I have helped... Just yesterday at Luna I gave some guy some Snake Skin boots and a warfork that was easily worth 30 mil or so, cause he turned around adn sold it for 20. I gave it to him, cause I always see him battling where I go, and dying, I saw him sitting in Luna and I asked him why he wasn't hunting, and he said he couldn't afford insurance, I tried to give him 10 mil in a bag, and he refused and said "What's the point of playin then"... So I gave him a few high end items to sell.

And also yesterday in Luna, I asked a random person for some gold cause I was broke... and he pulled out of his backpack, 11k in gold, and gave it to me. I didnt accept, but I asked him why he did it, he said... "just cause you said you needed it"... I am not gonna say what I gave him, but it was jaw dropping.

This shard means everything in the world to me, and if people who liked me were reading stratics, I can assure you, I would have a post or two as touching as the one you made.

S

SUPRsalad

Heres a fun game:

count how many times Tesla just used the words "I", and "me" in that post.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And one more thing, I am an extremely funny guy. I have heard that all my life. It's just hard to be funny when there is SO much negativity about everything. It's hard posting on the internet, and voicing your opinion, cause it give people that shouldn't or wouldn't normally voice their opinion a forum to do so, and it's mostly in a negative way. Why, because they can't cope with successful people.

Look at this site for example... 90% of it is negative... I want to change that. I have good friends that I will hire to do certain things for this shard forum, that would make up a VERY important forum. I am gonna encourage people to start posting here.

Fun contests... Scavenger hunts, everything.

S

SUPRsalad

Lets keep this as civil as possible and word it like this:

here is some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

It is rude to think that people 'can't cope with successful people'. We cope with successful people all the time! We just don't think we should have to cope with the ones who brag/talk about it constantly.

Secondly, yes you've a lot of uo gold. Yes we know you're a successful father/businessman.

Case. and. point. What makes you think that you're the only one? Just because we don't all beat our chests about it doesn't mean we aren't successful.

Also, Tesla, and don't just think I am making a personal attack on you, (I still wanna play Common No Names thieves guild with you) and think you're a decent guy and everything. To me however, you're doing this to further glorify yourself, whereas your rival, is once AGAIN, trying to do whats best for his shard.

Also, scavenger hunts? Contests? Im not so sure these are part of the Moderator's responsibilities, but whatever you wanna use to bribe supporters... *takes hat off*

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets keep this as civil as possible and word it like this:

here is some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

It is rude to think that people 'can't cope with successful people'. We cope with successful people all the time! We just don't think we should have to cope with the ones who brag/talk about it constantly.

Secondly, yes you've a lot of uo gold. Yes we know you're a successful father/businessman.

Case. and. point. What makes you think that you're the only one? Just because we don't all beat our chests about it doesn't mean we aren't successful.

Also, Tesla, and don't just think I am making a personal attack on you, (I still wanna play Common No Names thieves guild with you) and think you're a decent guy and everything. To me however, you're doing this to further glorify yourself, whereas your rival, is once AGAIN, trying to do whats best for his shard.

Also, scavenger hunts? Contests? Im not so sure these are part of the Moderator's responsibilities, but whatever you wanna use to bribe supporters... *takes hat off*
First off... Nothing against you standing up for what YOU believe in....

The REASON, I succeed in life (not as a buisness man, I am 28)... Is becuase any responsibilities I get, I do more then expected... I.E. Mod position, I want to do contests and stuff.

Also, I work my butt off in real life... And YES, I am gonna pound my chest about it. I focus on the positives, my wife sometimes gets sucked into negativity about the world... I have to pull her out, as well as others, I am the first person someone calls when they need a laugh or a positive outlook.

I have an ego, but it's not without reason.

And again, I am 28, haven't even begun to tap life yet... But I wanna do as much as I possibly can in the time I am here.

S

SUPRsalad

Okay, one last thing..
I found this in the Pacific hall of fame thread. Shaun posted this totally disgusting pic as a joke:

And this is what Tesla said:

"And seriously if I could be that big, I would in a SECOND!"

Seriously?

Okay. Its okay if you don't want Pink to moderate, but PLEASE don't give the hammer to Tesla!

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, one last thing..
I found this in the Pacific hall of fame thread. Shaun posted this totally disgusting pic as a joke:

And this is what Tesla said:

"And seriously if I could be that big, I would in a SECOND!"

Seriously?

Okay. Its okay if you don't want Pink to moderate, but PLEASE don't give the hammer to Tesla!
Um... What does this have to do with anything... If I could be having twins in 3 weeks, I would. There is nothing wrong with wanting more of a good thing, it actually drives people. I am sorry you don't like me to have that position... Chances are, it's gonna be me. Not because of what I have or don't have, but because I am the best man for the job, plain and simple.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And besides, your making a big deal out of noting, it's a mod spot... Like all you have to do is make sure nobody is thrashing people in real life. And few other things, I just want to add in a few more items, like contests.

Helll, ANYONE can do it. It's not that big of a deal.

No matter who gets it, it's just a fun thing to do, with not a lot of stress, but you make it seem like we are running for President.

Tori

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And besides, your making a big deal out of noting, it's a mod spot... Like all you have to do is make sure nobody is thrashing people in real life. And few other things, I just want to add in a few more items, like contests.

Helll, ANYONE can do it. It's not that big of a deal.

No matter who gets it, it's just a fun thing to do, with not a lot of stress, but you make it seem like we are running for President.

Wow!! I had to come out of retirement for this one - do you even read what you write? Thrashing people in real life.....hmmm....isnt that what you have been doing to me for months on these forums?

I cannot think of a worse candidate for this position than you Tesla, you thrive on gossip as a matter of fact you encourage gossip. You have done nothing in your posting but brag about what you would have all of us believe that you have. You are a self indulgent braggart and those may be 2 of your better qualities. You lack in every quality required to be a moderator. Even tho he is not my favorite person Pink would get my vote over you anyday. That being said I shall now go back into retirement. Best of luck to you Pink for a moderator must be picked from the current active players posting on these forums you are the best hope that there is for the Pacific community.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!! I had to come out of retirement for this one - do you even read what you write? Thrashing people in real life.....hmmm....isnt that what you have been doing to me for months on these forums?

I cannot think of a worse candidate for this position than you Tesla, you thrive on gossip as a matter of fact you encourage gossip. You have done nothing in your posting but brag about what you would have all of us believe that you have. You are a self indulgent braggart and those may be 2 of your better qualities. You lack in every quality required to be a moderator. Even tho he is not my favorite person Pink would get my vote over you anyday. That being said I shall now go back into retirement. Best of luck to you Pink for a moderator must be picked from the current active players posting on these forums you are the best hope that there is for the Pacific community.
Thanks Sag, bye now.

Anyway,
Now, as you can see, I have enemies, and I know how to keep people interested in what I do and when I do it. Proof positive this ENTIRE thread. I can keep this part of the site, active, and interesting...

Man this is fun... !

S

SUPRsalad

Its all true. Though Hag is a pvp enemy, Id have to agree with her on most of her points, though, I had covered most of it in my first text-wall post up there^. I think my wording was a slight bit more tactful.

Its true tes, this isn't a big deal. Its not a major executive position at WWF wrestling headquarters, but for most of us, it has symbolic meaning.

There has been many 'symbols' that this game is on its way out. Like when Baron and Slave girl won that event here a while back. Again, not a big deal, but the outcome was symbolic of something. That EA games does not love us, and does not lift a finger for our game anymore..

Its a safe bet much of the shard has seen 'symbols' like these. It's almost gotten to be par for the coarse, really. A joke. Something people talk about when they bank-sit. Clear and present signs that the gms/ems/ea games in general, do NOT, give a #$^! about us. Again, not really a big deal right? Its just a game, right?

17 accounts should cost $170 a month at MINIMUM (bulk game-time packages) I would feel really offended if someone told me my $170 a month wasn't a big deal, and that nobody gave a crap about it. I personally pay for two accounts if you were wondering.

There's been some definable good signs as well. The collapse of the |M|pire, that was a good sign. Formation of the Super best friends. That was a positive sign. The night SON! was crushed at their own harrower. that was a good sign. People shutting their wow accounts down to come back to uo. Thats a good sign.

Giving Tesla the ban hammer on our own shard's forums is a very, very bad sign. Its right up there with Slave Girl and Baron winning the event.
Im not so sure how many more bad signs this game can really take..
20k players and dropping the last i checked?

but yeah, yr right I guess... Just a game. Not a big deal.. maybe pink and tes can just wrestle for it..

A

Ashyn

The evening sun had yet to completely descend across the lands of Britannia. Within the twilight hues lay a tint of lethargy that oft accompanies a land in turmoil. T’was just one more night like so many others; another evening in which the town criers had all fallen silent and news, the most vital of information for all citizens, had all but vanished.

Slivers of what light remained struggled to penetrate the windows of the Pacific Town Hall. Upon a single table, a flickering candle cast its glow upon a golden box accumulating names scribbled upon fragments of paper.

It had been many years since such an election had taken place. In days gone by the streets would have been lined with citizens participating in such an event, but those days had passed and what once was a celebratory affair was passing with little notice. Appointments made by political vote seemed far lass important with Lord British’s passing, each year fewer attended, with this the worst of all as it came without declaration.

Yet some still found meaning in such a dismal world, compelled by their memories of what once was and the hope of a new future, making their way across the land to cast ballot for the new herald. But through whose pen those stories would be told was yet to be foreseen.

The sound of squeaking hinges echoed through the empty room before the door abruptly slammed casting more darkness upon the room; within the shadows, the silhouette of a figure cloaked in a hooded shroud. With hand outstretched, she slipped a folded piece of paper into the box before turning toward the candidates.

Lord Tesla, a somewhat narcissistic man who devoted his day to indulging in his own successes, much like a swine floundering in the mud when a dose of rain falls upon the soil, was the first to announce his candidacy. Such a self-important person would certainly rise to such an occasion, making his an announcement less than astonishing.

He approached her, attempting to hand her folded scroll adorned with uncommon crimson ribbon. She turned her back and proceeded to the door, unconcerned with listings of not only his accomplishments but also the events he had planned if victorious.

Hesitating before pushing the door open, she looked up through her shroud into the back of the room to where sat the one whose name she had scribbled.

Tesla’s opponent, known only as “Pink,” sat motionlessly in the corner. A quiet man, yet just as well known, though not from his own ranting of goodness, but through those who stood at his side and praised him throughout the land, a formable opponent with a mightier weapon; an army of friends.

It was one of those friends who had spoken to her of his merit and brought her to this place this evening. For if such a person was worthy of being mentioned to her, it would be worth traversing the land to cast one vote his way.

Beneath the shroud she smiled, knowing he would not see her face, but even if he had, he’d not know who she was.

She opened the door and peered into the night’s sky. The victor would rise with the early morning sun, but the night was yet to be over.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The evening sun had yet to completely descend across the lands of Britannia. Within the twilight hues lay a tint of lethargy that oft accompanies a land in turmoil. T’was just one more night like so many others; another evening in which the town criers had all fallen silent and news, the most vital of information for all citizens, had all but vanished.

Slivers of what light remained struggled to penetrate the windows of the Pacific Town Hall. Upon a single table, a flickering candle cast its glow upon a golden box accumulating names scribbled upon fragments of paper.

It had been many years since such an election had taken place. In days gone by the streets would have been lined with citizens participating in such an event, but those days had passed and what once was a celebratory affair was passing with little notice. Appointments made by political vote seemed far lass important with Lord British’s passing, each year fewer attended, with this the worst of all as it came without declaration.

Yet some still found meaning in such a dismal world, compelled by their memories of what once was and the hope of a new future, making their way across the land to cast ballot for the new herald. But through whose pen those stories would be told was yet to be foreseen.

The sound of squeaking hinges echoed through the empty room before the door abruptly slammed casting more darkness upon the room; within the shadows, the silhouette of a figure cloaked in a hooded shroud. With hand outstretched, she slipped a folded piece of paper into the box before turning toward the candidates.

Lord Tesla, a somewhat narcissistic man who devoted his day to indulging in his own successes, much like a swine floundering in the mud when a dose of rain falls upon the soil, was the first to announce his candidacy. Such a self-important person would certainly rise to such an occasion, making his an announcement less than astonishing.

He approached her, attempting to hand her folded scroll adorned with uncommon crimson ribbon. She turned her back and proceeded to the door, unconcerned with listings of not only his accomplishments but also the events he had planned if victorious.

Hesitating before pushing the door open, she looked up through her shroud into the back of the room to where sat the one whose name she had scribbled.

Tesla’s opponent, known only as “Pink,” sat motionlessly in the corner. A quiet man, yet just as well known, though not from his own ranting of goodness, but through those who stood at his side and praised him throughout the land, a formable opponent with a mightier weapon; an army of friends.

It was one of those friends who had spoken to her of his merit and brought her to this place this evening. For if such a person was worthy of being mentioned to her, it would be worth traversing the land to cast one vote his way.

Beneath the shroud she smiled, knowing he would not see her face, but even if he had, he’d not know who she was.

She opened the door and peered into the night’s sky. The victor would rise with the early morning sun, but the night was yet to be over.
VERY well done Milady... *bows*

S

SUPRsalad

*stands; claps*
You are brilliant! A good omen of things to come!

S

SUPRsalad

so, does this mean Ashyn, you will be running for the reporter position against velv?

A

Ashyn

so, does this mean Ashyn, you will be running for the reporter position against velv?

No, it doesn't. Stratics gave me a nice little warning a while back, so I wouldn't volunteer for such a position on principle alone. In addition, I'm a paid author and don't take on writing assignments unless compensated (I may have made an exception, but the warning nullified any chance of that).

This was written for fun as I do know Pink and just wanted to provide support for him (reiteration: I used the thread for material for Tesla and meant no ill-will toward him. I don't know him and have nothing against him).

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Vote? This is not a Modocracy! It is a Modtatership! :spider:

*chuckles* Just kidding folks. It is good to see a lot more life on these forums. Have fun, be excellent to one another, and trust in our Lady Magdalene. *nods*

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vote? This is not a Modocracy! It is a Modtatership! :spider:

*chuckles* Just kidding folks. It is good to see a lot more life on these forums. Have fun, be excellent to one another, and trust in our Lady Magdalene. *nods*
Yeah, I tend to be able to do that... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.