• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(P.S Apologising for wrong forum) TC3 newest feature, how it could be implented better.

G

I know this might be weird, I haven't tried my hands at it yet, but i've read that you need ONE Frame for it, that's quite ridicilous. Here is why

1. Why do we need to pay for everything? It seems that we need to PAY for the picture, plus the cost of the frame.

2. This could happen, if you use more than 1 frame, you can ended up with crashing to deskopt or something else!

3. We could have a spot in inventory to put ONLY BITMAPS there, this could allow us to know what picture is, it's not really that hard, Devs could just try play with the graphics, it's like they aren't talented, BUT I DO KNOW THEY ARE!

=== What do you think about that feature? I've read some comments about possible bug of disappearing frame (and picture)

G

I like the feature, despite having to purchase the frame, I just wish it wasn't a sizze where things get squished a bit. I'm sure there are bugs, but that's nothing new. Watch for an influx of custom bitmaps in TC3 this weekend because of it, lol.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I like the feature, except not being able to see what the avatar looks like from their bio...

I think its good we have something for all the bitmaps that were uploaded, they are now useful.

I don't mind paying the money to upload the item, I just hate waiting for approval. lol. I also think without having to make the money and pay for the item it takes away a lot of the challenge. If everything was free this game would get pretty boring. When the time comes that you can't make enough quick enough to enjoy features is when I see that being a problem. So far, excluding the bot measure TC3 incident it hasn't been too bad with making money. Its not like TSO...then again this isn't TSO.

I have yet to test out this frame feature, I could see where its possible of crashing if we can use two frames and forget we have one, but I can only hope they thought of that before implementing this feature.

I think the feature is too new to make judgment on bugs, thats why its being tested...

Overall I'm not against free stuff, if they want to make it free they can, if they don't I will still enjoy it the same.

G

I think the frame costs 10 bucks and uploading an image costs about 189. not realyl a heck of alot to pay honestly. I haven't tried what happens with two frames, but the bitmap that goes in the frame in your house has to be uploaded by you, so far as I can tell, although I'm going to see if trading one to someone will allow it as well

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

I think the frame costs 10 bucks and uploading an image costs about 189. not realyl a heck of alot to pay honestly. I haven't tried what happens with two frames, but the bitmap that goes in the frame in your house has to be uploaded by you, so far as I can tell, although I'm going to see if trading one to someone will allow it as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the stores charge more than that.

G

The frames in buy mode apparently cost more now, and only one of them works, according to the blog. This was changed from last night, as last night there were two frames and it was the small one that my gf used. Oh well, guess I'll see once I get on later.

BTW do not buy sknnable frames from stores. They dissappear and never return. I've reported this and so have others, but so far no fix or response. Best you can do is use buy mode in your lot for the frames, and if you want more for your custom content get a sandwich board, theater backdrop or skinnable rug.

G

I do howerver know that there is 1 frame you can buy in TC3 and EAL from any lot. but the price goes everyday higher or lower regarding the number of items (that how Lee explained to me of the flactuante prices)

K

Katinka

I bought the large frames in buy mode left the lot returned and no more pics .. $2450 down the tube, I blame myself as this was after the 2 small frames I bought last night disappeared another $212

G

<blockquote><hr>

The frames in buy mode apparently cost more now, and only one of them works, according to the blog. This was changed from last night, as last night there were two frames and it was the small one that my gf used. Oh well, guess I'll see once I get on later.

BTW do not buy sknnable frames from stores. They dissappear and never return. I've reported this and so have others, but so far no fix or response. Best you can do is use buy mode in your lot for the frames, and if you want more for your custom content get a sandwich board, theater backdrop or skinnable rug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this out last night, I tried to buy the frames from a store and they poofed. Are you saying they are available in buy mode on any lot or I have to change my lot to a store to test this? I never did skinning before last night. I played with my backdrop a little and the first time I put in a new picture the 1st one popped out the 2nd time that didnt happen and I now have 2 pictures on my backdrop one is smaller so its on top. Anyone know how I can fix this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a rug and someone else bmp to test.. and it did work.. only issue is it took forever for it to take. Had to try it many times on the rug before it transfered. On the frames I haven't tried yet...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know this might be weird, I haven't tried my hands at it yet, but i've read that you need ONE Frame for it, that's quite ridicilous. Here is why

1. Why do we need to pay for everything? It seems that we need to PAY for the picture, plus the cost of the frame.

2. This could happen, if you use more than 1 frame, you can ended up with crashing to deskopt or something else!

3. We could have a spot in inventory to put ONLY BITMAPS there, this could allow us to know what picture is, it's not really that hard, Devs could just try play with the graphics, it's like they aren't talented, BUT I DO KNOW THEY ARE!

=== What do you think about that feature? I've read some comments about possible bug of disappearing frame (and picture)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to sound cynical but what is the purpose of having the ability to do that? Is it for the surprise factor?

W

Wizuss

Heh . . . have seen this issue twice, once on my own lot -- after dropping the custom picture onto the skinnable frame, ALL avatars on the property had their avatar profiles set to MY picture. Ejected the custom bitmap, pic gone from my profile buit not the others, tried exiting and re-entering the lot, tried exiting and re-entering the game, and then as a last resort completely deleted my custom painting - and still not fixed. I'm not yet ready to delete the skinnable frame from the lot but of course if that's what I need to do to fix this, I will.

*sigh*

G

A workaround for the pic getting stuck in other peoples bio's.

Note this will only work if the person owns or roomies at a lot.

If they go to their own lot hang the frame insert a custom pic and then eject it their original avatar will return. This needs to be done with no other people on the lot or the temporary picture will get stuck in anyone on the lots bio.

I have spent countless hours loaning my frame and a pic to people who I inadvertently stuck with my bio pic over the last week.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

TTL

Does anyone know if this changes the images we see in Avatarbook? Or the various google gadgets out there?

G

It does not change the web pic or the pic on the property. I would not think it would. I do not know for sure.

W

Wizuss

<blockquote><hr>

If they go to their own lot hang the frame insert a custom pic and then eject it their original avatar will return. This needs to be done with no other people on the lot or the temporary picture will get stuck in anyone on the lots bio.

I have spent countless hours loaning my frame and a pic to people who I inadvertently stuck with my bio pic over the last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Katina!! I will lend my frame to my roomies. Ok well maybe - we'll see how badly they want to rid themselves of my pic. heh heh

I need to come visit you guys. It's been too long! *grin*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Katina!! I will lend my frame to my roomies. Ok well maybe - we'll see how badly they want to rid themselves of my pic. heh heh

I need to come visit you guys. It's been too long! *grin*

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhhh...this means, this means, that I finally can get back my pretty sims face??
Wiz...ehh...may I? Can I? Although... on second thought...this will mean also that all those cute guys will not IM me anymore to tell me that I have such a pretty face. *Sigh* Choices, choices, my Sim life is sometimes so difficult. lol