• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Over 500 Posts in 2 Days on Factions

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
300 in Announcement Topic
70 in Stat Loss Topic
Plus this forum and other locations.

I hope this shows the developers that a ton of people are interested in factions and wondering why they have been dragging their feet when it comes to updates. PVP in general is what drives many UO players. It is unfortunate that they don't focus on it more.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How many of those hits were Devs? Chill dude. It works both ways.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You chill Kelmo. The devs obviously don't take us seriously. Did you log on the faction shard? Someone needs to beat this into their skulls.

C

Cloak&Dagger

There are around 12 posts by developers. Maybe a bit higher. You are making it sound like at least 100 are from developer posts.
So you want a 1:1 ratio of player to developer posts? There are 3 developers....How many players?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who said I wanted the developers to post more. Kelmo is the one who tried to make it sound like that the developers were the ones posting everything. Maybe they are on secret accounts. Maybe you are a developer.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1688814 said:
So you want a 1:1 ratio of player to developer posts? There are 3 developers....How many players?
This is what happens when you open your mouth without knowing what your talking about! :twak:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are so many words being posted, I am not used to it. I missed this developer comment:
As Mike mentioned, this is just the beginnings... provided there is support from the players to move forward. Cal's not going to let us keep working on it if noone seems to be interested. We are really excited about these changes so I hope you all well at least create a character on the Faction TC and check it out for yourself.
This is only the most discussed changes to UO in many years, and it was only on Test Center for about a day. I wonder if that is enough support?

A

A Rev

This is only the most discussed changes to UO in many years, and it was only on Test Center for about a day. I wonder if that is enough support?
I was only on there for 3 days due to the massive problems they encountered with the scoring system. They stated this has gone back to internal testing.

Why get your panties in a bunch, they are working on issues and the fact devs are posting means they are reading comments and hopefully taking concerns on board.

This is a new dev team, the old ones screwed us over. This new team appears to be trying to set things right.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they found there was too much negative reaction to their changes. People didn't like the score system or how they designed the new bases. It was not possible to move forward like they planned.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I think you're right...but hopefully they rebound and at least fix the current system. The KP charts are a bit ridiculous. We can get new artifacts or gifts on the drop of a hat, but PvP system fixes take years for them to even start considering.

It's nice they took the initiative to start addressing factions, but I think they might want to be a little more conservative with their approach. Fix the current system so we have confidence in their ability to enhance it later on. What good will new bases do us if the rest of the system is still broke?

Gah.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you cant make everyone happy.. they need to just fix the **** and let it roll. or just leave it the **** alone. to many cry babys in this game.

N

NickyDishes

you cant make everyone happy.. they need to just fix the **** and let it roll. or just leave it the **** alone. to many cry babys in this game.
i agree they cant make it perfect for every single person that whines

G

GWAR_LS

I know alot of people who care alot more about faction than High Seas. I also know that factions must be changed. It is making the pvp in the game a joke. Just look at the funny section on the UO web page. Oops did I say funny, I mean factions.

http://town.uo.com/factions/

Lets not just look at points but the items and silver. How hard is it to make a suit with faction gear? How hard is it to get points? Then lets think non-faction gear and we get are points down in doom, nothing shows when u say showscore. Its odd when our non-faction guild fights faction seems like they get all the + from factions yet no - fighting non-faction.

I was factions to when they first came out. Alot has changed and faction needs looked at. 20 min if u die too opposing faction in fell is only downer and hey I dont have to go fight. I can go on and on and on and on. I hope this gets somone thinking about this