• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Outlands and PVP

A

ajdown@jp

I hate PVP. It's the reason I'm not on a PVP server.

However, having finally hit 58 and wandered over to Outlands, I don't seem to have much of a choice as to whether I pvp or not, because I've been killed several times in the space of an hour by people who want to pvp.

I find no personal satisfaction in killing other real players, and despise being 'lulz' material to some pubescent little twerp because they happen to be a higher level than me making it not even a fair fight. Why can't others be mature enough to accept that some people just do not want to pvp, rather than just attacking you because 'you are there'.

Are there certain areas I can avoid to stay safe, or is my only option simply to give up and not go to Outlands?

A

ajdown@jp

Not by choice, no ... it seemed to just turn itself on.

I was quite happy bashing those orcs and collecting bits of wood, then all of a sudden some level 62 player appears out of nowhere and I'm dead. It was definitely a Horde player, not an NPC.

E

Eldorian

Flagging for PvP doesn't just automatically turn on unless you've done something to activate it.

E

Emuishere

Make sure you turn off your PvP flag, then you will not be attacked. It could be a setting as well. Are you on a PvP server?