• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Why do women do this?

G

I went to the sub shop for a sandwich. A small one.

The woman behind the counter cut the thing in two halves (each of which was ~2-3 inches long).

Why do women feel this need to cut perfectly good sandwiches in half all the time? I've asked them not to, only to be looked at as if I'd grown an extra nostril.

R

Rykus

This sounds like a fun game!!

Why do women drive so bad?? *groans*

Why do men always neglect to change the toilet paper when it's gone?

Any more? This could get exciting!

K

Kat SP

The only reasons I can think of would be for presentation purposes, to make the sandwich look pleasing to the eye on a plate or to make it easier to handle and eat. *shrugs*

Is there an issue with cutting sandwiches that we should be aware of? hehe

K

Kat SP

Okay, I'll play!

Why do men leave the toilet seat up?

Why do some people freak out when a tube of toothpaste is squeezed from the middle?

Why do men feel the need to announce it when they pass gas?

G

I can't imagine why, if you made a preference known, the sandwich maker wouldn't just go with that...I really don't think obsessive sandwich cutting is stereotypical of women. I personally only automatically cut sandwiches that are intended for children. Maybe it is just that you don't look like you can handle your num-nums if they are left whole?

-Skylark

G

Ack, derailed in the very first response! That has to be a record!

Stick to the sandwiches, Please!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Maybe feminine logic dictates that if you have one perfectly good sandwich, then cutting it in half makes two perfectly good sandwiches. An intriguing issue you bring to light.

G

Let me ask this question...has this only happened in public food service situations or is this rampant sandwich cutting against your wishes, a general phenomenon you experience with all females?

-Skylark

G

This is a general female issue. The women in my family do it too. So does every girl I've ever dated sufficiently to bring them home.

It's simply bizarre.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why do women start needless fights because its, "Healthy for the relationship."?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a woman starts a seemingly meaningless argument with you it is because she feels she in in control of the relationship, no matter if it is a friendship or a romantic type relationship. The fight or the wanting to start a fight stems from a genetic need to test your moral fiber, sort of like a mating ritual. Most cases the woman doesn't know she is starting a fight and after the fight has started. Then the adrenaline will not let her lose, Arguing every point until one of you concedes defeat or the relationship ends horribly.

Most of the time after a fight the man wants nothing more to do it except maybe soak his head in a warm bowel of water, the woman however feels a strong compulsion to talk it out, increasing the stress already forced on to the man.

Its all basic sociology. The rest is stereotypes .

G

Well that nullifies my theory. I can tell you why I generally cut sandwiches unless otherwise requested. two smaller portions are easier to handle and makes it harder for the sandwich guts to fall out since your hands cover a larger area of a half sandwich versus a whole sandwich.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well that nullifies my theory. I can tell you why I generally cut sandwiches unless otherwise requested. two smaller portions are easier to handle and makes it harder for the sandwich guts to fall out since your hands cover a larger area of a half sandwich versus a whole sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Men don't mind guts on their hands

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe its a "mom" thing . those who have been mothers have had to cut their kids food . (my mom always wanted to cut my steaks till i made her quit) . she knew i could do it but i think it was habit , or maybe instinct .

girls who havent been mothers yet certainly have seen this from their mothers ... again maybe its instinct

G

I do not cut hubby's sandwiches in half.
I do cut my own corner to corner in halves... cuz the triangle is ...prettier to me.

I do not cut any ones sandwiches unless I am throwing some sandwichy banquet then...I cut em...triangles..halves side to side, quarters ...cookie cutter sandwiches *no crust* ya sandwich may look like a wreath or snowman etc. *Depends on the festivity*

Normal day to day stuff.. I never cut his in half..if he wants em in half he knows where the knives are...........

I cut my own sandwiches only.. *triangled* like I said..cuz it is prettier.

I cut the kids sandwiches when they were preschoolers...once I taught em to use a knife..and not cut themselves...if they too want em halfed..they knew where the knives were !

I don't believe in makin extra chores for myself ..when someone else if they really want a sandwich cut .. they ..can cut em on their own.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why do women start needless fights because its, "Healthy for the relationship."?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe she is pms-ing ???

I do not know. I never start needless fights nor does he. Maybe cuz we know how NOT to push each other's buttons and know our limits. . we each have "that look*...and go off into our own corners to cool off...........before it ever gets that far or ugly ..'most' of the times we succeed and maybe discuss whatever later to make sure no issues will be hangin around festering in either of us. See nothing *healthy* bout starting stupid needless fights no matter which gender in any couple.

Maybe if they feel that they HAVE to do this all the time then ..they not secure in themselves nor their mate, either.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like when the sub cut in 1/2 It a hell of lot easyer to drive dump truck and trailer that way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I like when the sub cut in 1/2 It a hell of lot easyer to drive dump truck and trailer that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious, and don't mean to insult. Did you intentionally type it this way?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suck at typing I type with 4 fingers and need to look at the keys. so I just hit return and didn't look up at the screen to proof read it. kill me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I suck at typing I type with 4 fingers and need to look at the keys. so I just hit return and didn't look up at the screen to proof read it. kill me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I didn't mean it like that.. I was tryin to find out if you were being funny or serious &gt;.&gt;

G

<blockquote><hr>

Quit trolling and come back and play. *smiles*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too poor to play

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Why do men leave the toilet seat up?

Why do some people freak out when a tube of toothpaste is squeezed from the middle?

Why do men feel the need to announce it when they pass gas?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Because when we pee on the rim its easier than cleaning it up, just lift the lid and let it dry on or run down.
2) I prefer it that way *shrugs*
3) If you ever been around me when it happens, if I were to announce itd be too late for you already... Myst?

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

What if women were not different? Where would we be then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Question or fantasising(sp?)?