• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[OT] What other games do you play?

T

Teeshy

Just curious, 'cos I saw Paradox mention Starcraft in another thread (and I have Starcraft battle chest sitting beside my mouse mat waiting for me to install it once I finish with Civ 4 Colonization remake) - thought maybe someone might mention something that will spark an interest for me (or someone else!) Doesn't have to be an online game, just anything else you are playing at the moment?

I'm waiting for Tales of Vesperia also (PAL version out in a little under 2 weeks) Lots of games I would LOVE to play that hubby has bought for the 360, but I get motion sickness if I play them too long =P Fable 2 was cool, though I had to limit how long I played it at a time =)

F

Fink

Still playing Carmageddon II, still my favourite driving game. Some day I'll figure out how to make extra cars for it but, for now, I'll keep downloading others. Ramming through crowds in an armoured post-apocalyptic muscle car/monster truck/doomsday weapon is a great way to blow off steam.

I was playing Unreal Tournament classic and UT2K4 up until my last system reinstall a few weeks ago, haven't put it back on because I don't have time to play it. It's basically my ideal "pvp"; everyone has access to the same gear & it boils down to individual style or skill. Naturally, I have neither style nor skill..

Not playing Spore at the moment, haven't reinstalled it due to its potential for time suckage, also.

Still playing Mr Do!, an old arcade game from the early 1980's. I'll fire it up & clock it in under 4 minutes then go back to study/work.

K

Katlene

been sims for me, 3s just been released, but im not enjoying it as much as the original. i cant help being an 'old school' kinda gal. probably why i have a UO account n not wow.

I should reinstal UT. love that game. spesh the morpheous map with the redeemer on the highest tower hehe good fun! :thumbsup:

P

Paradox_

Unreal Tournament the original is still in top 5 games of all time. Its the game that basically got me onto playing shoot-em-ups.

Playing starcraft atm, but also playing Fifa 09 on PS3 and GTA4 on ps3.

Also have Source installed but only play it every now and then for something different, and bf1942/bf2 when i can be bothered.

K

Katlene

That doesnt surprise me. (top 5 games) Its so much fun. when i played it mp i was usually skulking in dark corners and sniping hehe.
god ok im definitly going to have to reinstall it now. bugger you lot! lol

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still playing Carmageddon II, still my favourite driving game. Some day I'll figure out how to make extra cars for it but, for now, I'll keep downloading others. Ramming through crowds in an armoured post-apocalyptic muscle car/monster truck/doomsday weapon is a great way to blow off steam.

And I thought I was the only sad idiot still playing this game!!! I agree, this game is a great way to relieve stress. Have you tried the TDR 2000 version yet? I've heard it isnt as good.

Um... I also play WoW for the time being. UO being quite boring to play atm forced me to reactivate the WoW account and create a death knight. But atm im trying to find my starcraft battlechest to install it.

T

Teeshy

*grins* Lots of really great games mentioned!

I don't think I have carmageddon 2, I LOVED the first one though, excellent stress relief!

I wanna get sims 3 as well (I definitely have a diverse taste in games =P Most people do I think!) but have to wait to get new PC, this one is getting clunky

TF2 is team fortress? from the orange box? Watched hubby play that (and most of the others mentioned, GTA4 he's replayed through again, and Call of Duty 4 he just got last week) look like fun!

What's source? I googled it and mostly saw game engine. Oh, counter strike remake? (just found that one in wikipedia =P)

Is spore good Fink? I loved the sound of that game, the idea behind it, but I heard it didn't live up to it.

We got the disc of old classic sega games for the 360 as well, and I'm having a ball playing some of the RPG's from that (Oh how many hours I spent playing the Phantasy Star series! =D)

K

Katlene

i played spore for a while. fantastic idea, but it just didnt grab me. id just make critters all day then actually play it!

sims3 is good, but its alot more in depth then the others. not sure if i will spent much time on it to be honest. but im female and its my duty to change my mind on a whim :p

Ive been hangin for Stargate, but its all been rather quite on that front :(

F

Fink

And I thought I was the only sad idiot still playing this game!!! I agree, this game is a great way to relieve stress. Have you tried the TDR 2000 version yet? I've heard it isnt as good.
I haven't, nor C2O.. must try those. I played C1 networked, it was a blast.

I played Carmageddon I for a while, re-skinned a few cars.. the FBI car I made into the Bluesmobile, Otis' car I made into Christine, the redneck wagon into the Family Truckster from National Lampoon's Vacation; I like movie cars. I haven't seen any Mad Max vehicles yet although I would have thought them an obvious choice for modders. If I ever get into modding (3D I can do, the code part baffles me), I'll do those and the Charger from Metal Skin.

Right now I'm tooling around in a pretty decent DeLorean (although they screwed up a vital detail: the doors).

P

Paradox_

lol cos you would know, i havent played with you when i played properly.

i havent played for more than 10 minutes in over 3 years, so whatev.

P

Paradox_

cos i have to lie on a online forum about ultima online.

totally.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I used to play ut2004 rpg invasion or nwn2 until half of my raid 0 drives burned and I lost everything, then I was playing Half Life 2 until the same thing happened again a year later, now I just have uo installed and I either play that or bank sit and chat.

Why dont I just use mirroring... speed...

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't, nor C2O.. must try those. I played C1 networked, it was a blast.

I played Carmageddon I for a while, re-skinned a few cars.. the FBI car I made into the Bluesmobile, Otis' car I made into Christine, the redneck wagon into the Family Truckster from National Lampoon's Vacation; I like movie cars. I haven't seen any Mad Max vehicles yet although I would have thought them an obvious choice for modders. If I ever get into modding (3D I can do, the code part baffles me), I'll do those and the Charger from Metal Skin.

Right now I'm tooling around in a pretty decent DeLorean (although they screwed up a vital detail: the doors).
Dont bother with TDR2000, its basically a remake of C2 for the idiots who don't know how to get it working on XP

S

siyeng0

help me i was revisiting that old game "lemmings"
i hadn't played it for years
it's caught me

I CAN'T GET AWAY
SEND HELP~

S

siyeng0

Neither of you are helping! *watches her lemmings disappear down the same hole for the eighteenth time*

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a fit of nostalgia from thinking about lemmings I downloaded Space Quest.

K

Katlene

i went in early to pick daughter up from school this week and some of the kids were playing on the computers 5/7 were playing lemmings! gave me such a giggle

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rugby League 2, CounterStrike: Source, CnC Generals: Zero Hour, Grand Theft Auto 3 and San Andreas, Star Wars: Empire at War, Dawn of War - Dark Crusade, DoTA (WarCraft 3)... that is when I'm not playing the greatest game of all, but you all know what that one is ;)

U

UOPODCASTING.COM

Warhammer Online and Grand Theft Auto (Liberty City)

Also have the urge every now and then to play Doom 3

Cheers
Shane

Want to know when a gaming sites been updated, www.pygames.net

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooh Doom! I used to love that and Rise of the Triad! Got the heart pumping

K

Katlene

new game thats out, highly recomended by my hubby... killing floor.