• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: that lady on mars

G

<blockquote><hr>

Photoshop anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't photoshopped into the pic.

But yeah - it's just a rock face.

I

imported_mo'gluk

justa bizarre rock formation... I mean if there were really aliens they would have visited us by now... and lots of people would have seen it

G

that looks like one of those meer mages in 3d
this is crazy but i swear there was a uo hovering over
my apt complex last nite

G

Mars has been declared safe. Asteroid 2007WD5, which in late December appeared as if it might be headed for a collision with Mars, will almost certainly pass thousands of miles from the planet. And while this is good news for any living inhabitants of the Red Planet --if such exist -- scientists are disappointed. They have never seen an asteroid strike a rocky planet, and were hoping for a front row view of this rare astronomical event.

But not this time. According to Steve Chesley, Paul Chodas, and Don Yeomans of NASA's Near Earth Object Program Office, the chances of this space rock hitting Mars are now only 1 in 10,000. Such odds, they said, effectively rule out a possible collision.

Damn it to hell , I was hoping we'd see some fireworks !!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

justa bizarre rock formation...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, doesn't necessarily have to be edited, to look like a person or something else. The human brain seems to try to translate patterns into something familiar, and we can see faces, animals, all sorts of shapes in rock formations, sand, clouds, smoke, flames, etc. I am pretty sure that is how we got that expression "the man in the moon" - from the appearance of a face from the shadows and craters that are visible at times.

Sort of funny, my parents' house has a very busy traditional terrazzo floor with very colorful rock bits that were used. There is a small pattern in one spot, that to me looks so much like a silhouette of the cartoon character Marge Simpson, with the tower of hair. it catches my eye all the time if I happen to look down at that section of the floor. I suppose it is possible that almost 20 years before the Simpsons existed, a builder pouring out colored pebbles in the concrete for the floor of our house planned it that way, but I doubt it.
There are other patterns that I can pick out, that look like fish, birds, etc.

-Skylark