• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

{OT} Siege Perilous Fantasy Football League - Draft results

• Thread starter unforgivenUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
U

unforgivenUO

well we got it full and the season is on.
I need wide receivers. Let me know if you want to barter. I am stacked on running backs and have a good tight end to trade with.

O

Ole Cheapy

I have never played fantasy football before but I know more about football than all of you put together so I guess I'll do ok. :)

U

unforgivenUO

*chuckle*
so where you been all these years when we been having a ball with this ?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Work out a trade with someone or hit the waiver wire. Thats about it!

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm actually happy with my team. My QB's suck but the rest of the team is solid!!

I need 39 year old Kurt Warner to throw about 45 tds this year and I'll be fine!!

O

Ole Cheapy

I'm actually happy with my team. My QB's suck but the rest of the team is solid!!

I need 39 year old Kurt Warner to throw about 45 tds this year and I'll be fine!!
First of all Warner just turned 38 sometime this summer, and secondly there is no way in hell Kurt Warner is gonna throw 45 TD'd this year. For years the record was 47 thrown by Marino then Peyton Manning broke it in 2004 with his 49th td pass..and just recently in 2007 when the Pats went 18-0 Brady broke the all time record with 50 Td passes in a single season.

Now we are talking about Brady, Peyton, and Marino in their younger years, there is no way in hell Warner is gonna throw 45 in his golden years lol.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all Warner just turned 38 sometime this summer, and secondly there is no way in hell Kurt Warner is gonna throw 45 TD'd this year. For years the record was 47 thrown by Marino then Peyton Manning broke it in 2004 with his 49th td pass..and just recently in 2007 when the Pats went 18-0 Brady broke the all time record with 50 Td passes in a single season.

Now we are talking about Brady, Peyton, and Marino in their younger years, there is no way in hell Warner is gonna throw 45 in his golden years lol.
doh...

D

Duke SP

Mr. Cheapsuit,

Kurt Warner had three 1,000 yard rec's last year, something none of those guys ever did, along with a super bowl ring, which marino never got. I think kurt warner is nothing to short change, even at 38.

Also, kurt warner had his third best year ever...at 37.

http://www.nfl.com/players/careerstats?id=WAR492511

I do agree though, kurt warner won't pass for 45 td's because he won't need too, once the cardinals aquired beanie wells. But remember, a good running game opens the passing game, so he might do better this year with a good running back behind him, who knows.

O

Ole Cheapy

Mr. Cheapsuit,

Kurt Warner had three 1,000 yard rec's last year, something none of those guys ever did, along with a super bowl ring, which marino never got. I think kurt warner is nothing to short change, even at 38.

Also, kurt warner had his third best year ever...at 37.

http://www.nfl.com/players/careerstats?id=WAR492511

I do agree though, kurt warner won't pass for 45 td's because he won't need too, once the cardinals aquired beanie wells. But remember, a good running game opens the passing game, so he might do better this year with a good running back behind him, who knows.
You can have a 99 yard drive and get to the goal line an fumble or even throw an interception. How many of those yards were gained after the catch? Which clearly is on the ability of the receiver and not the QB as much. Besides as I'm sure you very well know, things get a lil more complicated once you get inside the redzone, this is where a lot of mistake are made by average QB's.... bad reads, bad decisions, and even horrible throws all occur more often than not inside the redzone. Heck Brett Favre is the all time leader in total yards but is nowhere near the best QB in the history of the game. Bottom line Warner was a fluke in 2000 and to be honest the Titans should have won that superbowl that year. Warner belongs back in the subprime league he came from :)

D

Duke SP

You can have a 99 yard drive and get to the goal line an fumble or even throw an interception. How many of those yards were gained after the catch? Which clearly is on the ability of the receiver and not the QB as much.
Marino had Mark Clayton and Mark Duper

Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne and Gonzalez

Brady has Randy Moss and Wes Welker

All great quarterbacks, had good or great WR's

U

unforgivenUO

Marino had Mark Clayton and Mark Duper

Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne and Gonzalez

Brady has Randy Moss and Wes Welker

All great quarterbacks, had good or great WR's
Actually Manning's third receiver was brandon stokley
I am pretty sure when he said warner needed to throw 45 TDs he didn't actually expect that.
I think he is good for 30-35 though

O

Ole Cheapy

OLD Warner is really stinking up the field today and losing to the 49'ers, trust me I wish he would throw 50 TD's this year cause unfortunately I got the bum on my fantasy team. *shakes head*